• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He traps her in the Mirror Dimension
hax, and she breaks out of it pretty fast while he couldn't do that without a teleporty ring
distracts her with the serpents
she's a glass cannon and overpowers the spell with ease, it just had a component she didn't expect
manages to block her attacks
meh
and then of course the climax where he puts up one hell of a fight against her and (briefly) overwhelms her.
amp
Maybe "equal" was the wrong word to use, but Strange is definitely on a similar tier to Wanda at this stage.
Strange, Wong who's comparable to Strange and like forty people trained by them get wiped out by Wanda in seconds and straight-up realize they have no chance even before that, and that's a Wanda who's holding back. I don't doubt that Strange's knowledge of magic is equal or superior to Wanda's, but I think it's ignoring context to say that he's anywhere near her in power.

Meh no, I don't agree

I mean, shields I guess yeah but by her own admission Wanda is somewhat holding back in most fights. And surely you don't wanna scale his actual physical durability to 6-C since that would upgrade spider-man characters and his own SS to 6-C.

Serpents took her off-guard for a second but she got rid of them fairly quickly (and it was done with Wong's help), Wanda's durability isn't 6-C so I don't really see why that'd scale to anything but that.

Was done with the Darkhold, don't think that scales to his normal magic.

Gargantos is just a summon, no statement he was empowering her or anything. And again, Gargantos/Shuma-Gorath is Wanda's version of holding back, it isn't the strongest thing she can do.

This was rejected before, most of what Strange does in that fight is hax. Not that Thanos is particularly knowledgeable in magic to begin with.

With the Darkhold, sure, but he doesn't have that in his possession anymore, we don't know if he kept all or even most of the power just because the side effects stuck.
It's just frustrating that after all these movies we still haven't got a quantifiable tiering level for Strange or sorcerers besides Wanda. I mean anything below Tier 7 would be a joke at this point and even 7 itself feels nerfed considering all he's done. 6-C just feels like it would be how strong he is by now, we just don't have the feats necessary to conclusively prove it (and if we do there's something else to contradict it!)

It's just frustrating that after all these movies we still haven't got a quantifiable tiering level for Strange or sorcerers besides Wanda. I mean anything below Tier 7 would be a joke at this point and even 7 itself feels nerfed considering all he's done. 6-C just feels like it would be how strong he is by now, we just don't have the feats necessary to conclusively prove it (and if we do there's something else to contradict it!)
I totally agree honestly, but at the same time I kinda like how the fights mostly focus on hax and glass cannons, feel that's more interesting. Still 8-A ain't too bad

I totally agree honestly, but at the same time I kinda like how the fights mostly focus on hax and glass cannons, feel that's more interesting. Still 8-A ain't too bad
I've always loved Doctor Strange because with magic the stories can go anywhere you want and the fight scenes are always super creative and full of visually stunning feats. The only drawback is because it's all about hax and whatnot is that you can't conclude how strong or durable they really are. Maybe the next Doctor Strange movie (whenever that is) will give as a real answer.
Oh god 8-A? Say it ain't so! 😂

Maybe he's not stronger but he's definitely comparable. He's at least superior to Wong who IS the Sorcerer Supreme.
And as I say the Darkhold DID give him a power boost so he's probably within "6-C" range at this point. Maybe not "at least" though I read your justification and it's on point!
It's obvious he's superior to Wong, even though Wong is the Sorcerer Supreme Strange is vastly more skilled and versatile (again, the only reason he's not the Sorcerer Supreme is because of a technicality)

That's be "at least 6-C" by a pretty big degree from her scaling chain
that does make sense, however it's still darkhold vs darkhold and i have no issue with darkhold Strange being 6-C (in fact that explains why he couldn't just beat her still)
That's fine by me and yeah Wanda is even more impressive considering she stomped what's basically captain marvel with a weaker body being unable to draw out her scarlet witch abilities

Technically that Wanda could have been as strong as her IW/EG self.
It's very likely the thing is that self is just completely dwarfed by her wandavision self whose still dwarfed by her MoM self

Err or wait are you suggesting a key for the wanda she possessed by deamwalking sorry just got off work kinda slow rn

That's fine by me and yeah Wanda is even more impressive considering she stomped what's basically captain marvel with a weaker body being unable to draw out her scarlet witch abilities
Tbh Captain Marvel had to unlock her own powers gradually so we don't know for sure that this one's quite as strong, so I think we keep that scaling logic as secondary

Tbh Captain Marvel had to unlock her own powers gradually so we don't know for sure that this one's quite as strong, so I think we keep that scaling logic as secondary
Fair enough considering as well this wasn't a karol variant so her journey with her abilities certainly could be different though it's still impressive nonetheless

Err or wait are you suggesting a key for the wanda she possessed by deamwalking sorry just got off work kinda slow rn
MoM Wanda > WV Wanda > IW/EG Wanda

We already know that IW/EG 616 Wanda could have easily killed Thanos if she wasn't trying to make Thanos suffer, which would make her stronger than 616 Capt. Marvel

Saying that MoM 616 Wanda stomping 838 Capt. Marvel through 838 Wanda is impressive, isn't quite right since we don't know how powerful either are.

For all we know 838 Capt. Marvel could be as strong as 616 Capt. Marvel, while 838 Wanda could have been as strong as 616 Wanda during IW/EG or WV.

Wanda could have been as strong as 616 Wanda during IW/EG or WV.
Nah this at least we literally specifically have confirmation from the WoG I sent the other Wanda is for sure weaker and doesn't have or can't use scarlet witch abilities so our wanda can't being out here full abilities that and for the fact that it's another body to begin with

Nah this at least we literally specifically have confirmation from the WoG I sent the other Wanda is for sure weaker and doesn't have scarlet witch abilities so our wanda can't being out here full abilities
disappointment-disappointment-sigh.gif

Did you read my post carefully?

disappointment-disappointment-sigh.gif

Did you read my post carefully?
Yes and I'm only commenting to one specifc portion because the rest I don't have any contentions with since that's what me and armor just said

I'm only specifically commenting on the 838 could be as strong as Wandavision wanda part lol don't take me commenting on it as dismissing or not reading what you sent

I'm only specifically commenting on the 838 could be as strong as Wandavision wanda part lol don't take me commenting on it as dismissing or not reading what you sent
You do realize that for the majority of WandaVision, Wanda was more or less still the same as her IW/EG self, with the only difference being the Hax she used, power wise she'd more or less be the same as IW/EG self.

It's only during finale in her fight with Agatha that she got a boost in her power due to her becoming an inexperienced Scarlet Witch.

You do realize that for the majority of WandaVision, Wanda was more or less still the same as her IW/EG self, with the only difference being the Hax she used, power wise she'd more or less be the same as IW/EG self.

It's only during finale in her fight with Agatha that she got a boost in her power due to her becoming an inexperienced Scarlet Witch.
That's literally all I needed you to do, just elaborating and explaining what you were saying in the post better it'll have made it that much easier for me to understand how you were thinking about this.

Going by how we have her indexed currently Wanda's scarlet witch key is her throughout all of wandavision not her IW/EG self so without that elaboration from your perspective I think it's pretty reasonable my response is what it was.

That aside what you're saying is pretty obvious I just didn't know that's what you were trying to say

How would you feel if Kevin Feige came out with a statement a month from now, saying that doctor strange’s return would be a 9 episode D+ series titled “Strange Tales” instead of a movie?

Well he actually put up a decent fight, he knocks her around, overpowers some spells, restrains her for a bit, i think it works especially when you consider him controlling a body remotely makes his magic weaker than it'd be in person.

Well he actually put up a decent fight, he knocks her around, overpowers some spells, restrains her for a bit, i think it works especially when you consider him controlling a body remotely makes his magic weaker than it'd be in person.
I put a notion of giving Wanda a Varies for her Magic similar to Strange since I doubt she's constantly outputting the same level of power she used against Thanos when she was Bloodlusted.

And during their final fight (Deadite Strange vs Scarlet Witch) Strange had the Cloak of Damned Souls which showcased Possession/Soul Manipulation and Energy Absorption

How would you feel if Kevin Feige came out with a statement a month from now, saying that doctor strange’s return would be a 9 episode D+ series titled “Strange Tales” instead of a movie?
I feel like Doctor Strange belongs on the big screen. His stories and powers probably wouldn't translate too well to small screen (lower budget and whatnot). Plus if I recall correctly BC's contract is due for at least one more solo film before it runs out, so we should get a Doctor Strange 3 at some point regardless.

That all only happens because the souls of the damned could somewhat "eat"/absorb Wanda Magic up to a certain point tho (and they were also trying to do the mind thing they did to Strange on Wanda, tho it didn't work), so i don't think him using the souls should be used scale him with the Darkhold to her at all since they are purely a hax thing that was specifically being used against her magic, it wasn't a matter of power from his part. All he did in that "fight" was pretty much to buy time to talk to America.

Last edited:
I feel like Doctor Strange belongs on the big screen. His stories and powers probably wouldn't translate too well to small screen (lower budget and whatnot). Plus if I recall correctly BC's contract is due for at least one more solo film before it runs out, so we should get a Doctor Strange 3 at some point regardless.
BC stated he would continue to play Strange as long as the character would be interesting for him and he will have something to develop with him wich for now is the case so at the very least we'll probably have another movie and maybe appearences in other movies/series

BC stated he would continue to play Strange as long as the character would be interesting for him and he will have something to develop with him wich for now is the case so at the very least we'll probably have another movie and maybe appearences in other movies/series
There's so much you can do with his character, so many stories to adapt, so many paths to take the character down and with BC at the helm it'll always be interesting to watch. I'd gladly watch a series and/or third movie as long as he takes the center stage and we get to see more of his awesome powers.

When are we going to get the upgrade CRT from this movie?
Soon should be able to happen this weekend tbh

If we're finished here by Saturday I can make it after I get off work and get some sleep either that or someone else could make it when we finish here as long as it's detailed and formatted appropriately

just pls link it to me if anyone else does it

One point about the mental protection for Sorcerers and Strange. While they do get Protectiong against mind control, they dont get that for simply mind reading. Wanda was able to enter Strange mind and knew about Christine. And Strange knows about Wanda powers, so.

Back