• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>what is bloodborne.jpg

I dont Matt. Is it a psychical dream world? If that makes sense.
Basically Nightmare creates a room consisting of all the feats Dante has, including other boss fights

Just a room? Well can't say that warrants anything big from what I can tell.

>evil dimension.

>The evil is a reflection of Dante's trauma that rests in his subconscious.

Ya almost had it man.

No, because it is literally shown to teleport you to the dimension and it tells you that it teleports you to that dimension and that the evil spirits take the form of trauma, I'm interpreting it how it tells me and how it shows me

The spirits take the form of Dante's trauma that he subconsciously has not that the evil dimension is only subconscious

It is painfully obvious that it isn't literal. The dimension is a mental reflection of Dante's subconscious traumas, created by a demon named Nightmare. It isn't physical.

Except when it is shown to physically teleport you to the dimension and that the spirits are said to take on the form of someone's trauma.Your argument would be valid if it wasn't explicitly stated and shown to do those things but that's not the case, you're literally denying the truth right now.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It is painfully obvious that it isn't literal. The dimension is a mental reflection of Dante's subconscious traumas, created by a demon named Nightmare. It isn't physical.
What part about it isn't literal?

To support Diemonite22 on the manga panel issue, I'll present some pictures from the manga.

https://puu.sh/ycE6t.jpg

6 pages before the said picture, we see the "spear" up close. Arkham states that it's the seal of the Demon World. Meaning spear was there to separate two worlds or at least to assist this cause.

https://puu.sh/ycDTP.jpg

2 pages before the picture. Arkham states that there was a link between Heaven and Earth and it become unstable because of a war that Heaven was in.

The unstability of this said link caused the Underworld aka Demon World to born.

So Heaven or Earth =/= Demon World. This is important. In a way, they are all separate; but as stated here, Heaven was once tied to the Earth aka Human World.

https://puu.sh/ycEjZ.jpg

Just 1 page before. Arkham states that a demon "woke up to Justice" and used this spear to seal the Demon World. It is pretty obvious who that is, eh? He also mentions that the record on the object states some of the demons' names were "erased" as punishment.

https://puu.sh/ycuvs.jpg

Now to the debated page. The text says that "The demon hammered a giant spike to Earth, so it would never be split from Heaven again." In other words, The demon in the picture reconnected the Human World and Heaven that were once linked to each other by this spear/spike and he sealed the spike to ensure they will stay connected to each other.

Remember how the link between those two worlds getting weaker caused Underworld=Demon World to appear?

The black demon here is Sparda himself! He sealed the Demon World with hammering this spear. Need more proof?

https://puu.sh/ycEyF.jpg

Arkham himself says it was Sparda who erased the names of the demons there. I think it is pretty clear right now.

If it's still not enough just look at Sparda's model and compare him with the picture:

UMvC_3_Vergil_DT_Alt.png

Also, scanlation clashes on some parts with the official translation; but this line is the exact same:

https://puu.sh/ycF2g.jpg

So yeah, I don't see why would Mundus seal Demon World with such a spear. I believe there's no doubt that the demon in that picture is Sparda.

This also proves official translation's viability.

There's more though. Arkham also says this:

https://puu.sh/ycEKW.jpg

"This statue is just a representation."

Which means if we take the "Twice he struck the Earth (...) and did not rend it." phrase from scanlation as official, it means this sentence wasn't a display of inability, but instead a compliment! By that Arkham means "He struck the spear to Earth twice and he thrusted it all the way in without even causing harm to Earth."

So if the scanlation is taken canon here, we should consider Sparda as at least 5-C with such a sheer force and precision that is able to pierce through a planet and not causing it to split apart.

Of course, this part is just pure speculation and I wouldn't advise to make any upgrades depending on that; but I believe this proves that some of the decisions were rushed in the previous thread. I rest my case.

^Sparda is a much better choice than Mundus or Bolverk and fits perfectly and of course, the "spear" is the Sword of Sparda since it can stretch and change, how the hell did I not think of that?That should put a close to that subject, dank job.

Gotta be honest. That does resemble Sparda. Has the horns and thise weird wing flaps, even looks black. Outside of that, can't say, I'm interested but not that well versed on this.

@Matt: Why again? ovo

@J-Man:

>Looks black

I have quite an idea of this but i know it's super bad to say it outloud xD

Edit: Note - I apologize greatly so, it just kicked in.

But seriously, this issue again...

It proves that he isn't a "definite" High 6-A, meaning he might be capable of more since he's more powerful than Abigail, which is the source of the High 6-A feat. This also applies to Dante, Argosax and Sparda. There's reason to think that, considering Sid was the one who obtained Abigail's power, there's still more than meets the eye in terms of power in DMC universe. Therefore I think a "At least High 6-A" title is necessary to those characters since there's reason to think that they might be capable of it; but there's no reason to think that High 6-A is their uppermost limit.

This also proves that the previous thread, while was comprehensive and valid in evidence against Mundus' so called universal feats, it was rushed in some aspects and this was one of them. We should be able to discuss on the others as well.

At least High 6-A should be fine for Mundus and Sparda.And also does everyone agree that Dante's and Vergil's Regenerationn does not become less effective as his stamina decreases?

Like I said, it should also apply to Sparda because Sparda already defeated Mundus once and sealed him away. I see Argosax and Dante already has it so that should be it on the topic of manga panel.

In case of Abigail, I agree. He should stay the same. The real supposed Sid-less Abigail might be stronger; but there's no reason to include such an insignificant detail.

I believe he's talking about this:

https://youtu.be/Hjebqbe5wJg?t=2m23s

But it's Dante before his awakening. I remember him experiencing a similar situation in manga. But I don't think he ever experienced such a thing after the end of DMC3.

There are two arguments to make here however.

1) At the beginning of DMC4 he experiences the same but it doesn't faze him at all.

2) At anime, he experiences the same and he stays there until Patty loosens up the Rebellion stabbed to Dante's chest.

Therefore:

a) His regen stays the same throughout the series and Nero just wasn't strong enough to harm him on a scale of Vergil or Abigail.

b) His regen is the same until anime and improves on DMC4 and beyond.

c) His regen was already higher after his DT awakening and he was just fooling around in the anime.

I'm not sure which one is more credible. As a fan, I believe Dante was fooling at the anime since just as he woke up, he suffered similar injuries from Abigail and yet still one shotted him. But maybe a middle ground is more reasonable.

either any of those or that scene in DMC3 is an outlier which is also fair to suggest, people in this thread can discuss what they think is the case.And about Demons gaining power from inflicting pain or receiving pain thing that I brought up, can that be added to all the demon's a half demons stamina?What are your guy's thoughts about this?

Well, it's on the game guide so that gives it some merit. But it just seems like a gameplay gimmick to me. Even if Dante (or other demons) is able to gain stamina from inflicting pain, I don't think it would be a significant addition since everyone on the verse already got pretty high stamina. It might be an explanation for DMC characters' versatility maybe; but nothing beyond that. Briefly, it sounds like an explanation of a feat rather than a buff to me

I agree but I still think its something noteworthy addition to the stamina tab not that it will upgrade the demons' stamina.

With Abigail he is only stated to have once rival mundus Sid would have been weaker then the original Abigail because he wasn't using his own power as well as rejecting his humanity

I really always took it as Yamato being the only sword in DMC3 that could actually harm Dante due to spatial slicing

That makes no sense for 2 reasons 1 Rebellion was stabbed right through him. 2. Why would Vergil use a Diffrent sword If Yamato was the only one that could hurt Dante

Ok so we have agreed that mundus is at least high 6a that should scale to sparda argosax and sparda devil trigger Dante should their speed also be at least sub relativistic as well

And Dante should have resistance to matter manipulation for facing both Plasma and Mundus who has particle beam attacks.And also Dante should have resistance to spatial manipulation but whether it is for Royal Guard Style, Dante or Rebellion should be discussed.

If we are adding abilities Dante should have precognition even with out alastor

https://youtu.be/Fn0QX3JZ2uQ Go to 6:00 into the video

This is all I could find on information on particle beams

A particle-beam weapon uses a high-energy beam of atomic or subatomic particles to damage the target by disrupting its atomic and/or molecular structure. A particle-beam weapon is a type of directed-energy weapon, which directs energy in a particular and focused direction using particles with miniscule mass. Some particle-beam weapons are real and have potential practical applications, e.g. as an antiballistic missile defense system for the United States and its Strategic Defense Initiative. The vast majority, however, are science fiction and are among the most common weapon types of the genre. They have been known by myriad names: phasers, particle accelerator guns, ion cannons, proton beams, lightning rays, rayguns etc.

@The Everlasting

Particle beams attack the atomic or molecular structure of an object

@Sparda 20000000

Seems reasonable

I doubt that its meant to be hyperbolic especially the Plasma since its being stated to fire a particle beam.Either way, they had the intention to have an enemy use a particle beam and both attacks behave theoretically like a particle beam as well but thats just my opinion hoping for more thoughts on this.

Intenton doesnt matter if it doesnt display the properties, and we'e not going to assume they have a power just from a title

it isn't a title, it just tells us what the attack is, the attacks have no title and they display the features of a particle beam at least according to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back