• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC Thread is made containing a bunch of debunked things.

Links to Google+ threads.

Suddenly comments by a bunch of people I never saw before.

Arkham failed miserably and turned into a blob that was destroyed by Vergil and Sparda.

You mean Dante.

Also, was that not used as justification for how Dante surpassed Slarda so soon? Was that not Arkham simply being able to control it?

Fully aware, but if he gained even the slightest bit of power from a a High 6A, he would be at least partially comparable.

Gaining even 1% of a High 6A makes you much more powerful then High 7C

That's not how it work, the power of Sparda poisoned him since he cannot wield such power.

Even a 1% power drain from a High 6A would make you ridiculously higher then High 7C, he went from being solo'd by casual Dante to easily defeating a serious Dante and fighting on par with him and Vergil

Arkham wasn't using the Sparda sword he was using the force edge which had sparda's power within

"A devil arm with the power of the legendary dark knight sparda sealed within. It's powerful as is but it's true power has yet to relized"

Arkham also rejected his humanity which was another reason the force edge was still the force edge when he fought Dante and Vergil.

@Gargoyle One

Sparda 20000000 answered you on that already; but there's really no reason to think Arkham ever had such power. He's maybe slightly above DMC3 Dante and since brothers were able to defeat him together -seemingly without much effort- , I believe he's Low-Mid 7-B at best. And without further evidence, "At least High 7-C" fits pretty well imo.

@Matthew Schroeder

Care to elaborate? I read the previous thread entirely and I think things said in this OP has some validity in it. We aren't talking about a nonsensical suggestion such as Universal Mundus. I believe the counter-argument in this thread is that putting Mundus on a "definite" High 6-A status is a rushed decision and without solid basis other than the manga panel which states "Twice he struck the Earth (...) and did not rend it." about some demon we are not even sure if it's Mundus, Sparda, Bolverk like OP stated, a hypothetical Pluto character or someone/something else.

I believe "At least High 6-A" would be a better fit for Mundus with the evidence at hand.

I've been doing research and I got some ideas to shed some light on Mundus' power; but don't want to share any of them without some solid evidence. If my assumptions are correct however, I might have a case for Mundus being a Tier 5.

Also hello and nice to meet you! Long time lurker here. I've been following the discussions here for some time, maybe more than one year; but just recently decided to start participating. This is probably my 3rd or 4th post here so it's normal that you never saw me before. Again, nice to meet you. I appreciate your work.

Read the manga. They were obviously talking about Mundus given the context of the scene.

And the OP does seem to want 3-A Mundus.

Also, thank you. Nice meeting you too.

there is no evidence to say mundus is the demon they are talking about there are other demons who are called gods

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Demon

Ôåæ Devil May Cry 2 instruction manual: "One recent tale, only a few hundred years old, told of a great swordsman appearing from "the outside" to aid in exorcising the most evil god of all time.

@Matthew Schroeder

I'm not sure it is that obvious, in my opinion, it could be a random demon. There isn't any name drop or identification; but even if it is Mundus, that picture is from an old fan translation. This is from the official one: https://puu.sh/ycuvs.jpg

As you can see, context here is 100% different.

Edit: I can provide other pages too, if needed.

The official translation is bullshit that was already covered in the other thread. I checked the Brazilian Portuguese Scanlation and the script aligned way more with the English Scanlation than the English Official Translation.

I still wonder if we can make a profile for "Pluto" but that's wishful thinking.

Still, I'm very sure the Black Horned demon is Bolverk, Mundus isn't black nor has a horn, meanwhile, Bolverk is an important enemy in DMC2 who fought Sparda hundreds of years ago.

I don't see why it would be Bolverk, though. Mundus is indeed depicted as having black horns in the beginning of the manga and everytime Arkham talks about stuff with demons and backstory he's talking about Sparda or Mundus.

Mundus is not only no Black, he's literally shown to be either white or Gray and has zero horns.

Bolverk, fits both of these descriptions, fits into the plot as a rival of Sparda and Dante respectively, and is one of Mundus's best men.

Regardless unless there's a major revision about this, a discussion rule is necessary

@Matthew Schroeder

First of all, no offense but calling "official translation is bullshit" and then trusting the old Devil's Lair scanlation is sounding a little biased for me. I wasn't an active member on that website; but as far as I remember it was a passion project done by member nicknamed CaT singlehandedly, not by a translation group and without a disregard to CaT's work, we can't be sure of the quality of the translation.

"I checked the Brazilian Portuguese Scanlation and the script aligned way more with the English Scanlation than the English Official Translation"

That might be because it was possibly translated from the English scanlation of Devil's Lair rather than the original Japanese manga.

"The official translation is bullshit that was already covered in the other thread."

I rechecked the thread. Is this the sentence you are talking about? : "The official translation just gives further emphasis to the fact that he didn't fuse the worlds."

Paraphrasing, you are saying "If Mundus didn't fuse worlds, he can't be a Planet level". Again, without any disregard, that sentence doesn't sound very convincing to me. Sure, it has merit as an argument on the case; but let me case my counter-argument(s).

1) We are not definitively sure if the Demon World is indeed a "Planet" or a "Dimension"; but since we saw how the travel between those worlds happen, it's more reasonable to assume they are separate dimensions rather than celestial objects. In DMC3, Dante gets access by Temen-ni-gru, which works by the separation of the seal between two places, not by teleportation, ftl travel, etc. In DMC1, Dante passes through a portal/dimensional rift-like gate to enter the Demon World. In DMC2, Argosax's proximity tears a hole into the Demon World, etc. Him not being able to fuse both "worlds" don't mean anything in this context if they are not planets or celestial objects.

2) Two worlds are separated by magic, not something you can break apart with sheer strength.

3) When we talk about the two worlds, we also need to talk about the war between them. Yeah, Mundus is not the almighty of the DMC universe, there are many who are on equal footing around him like Sparda, Argosax, Abigail, etc. Of course we don't know the full story; but it's reasonable to assume even if him not being able to fuse the two worlds proves he's not Planet level, he might be unable to do so because of the war and the rivalries that came with it.

I don't think such a thing is concrete evidence even if we base the assumption to scanlation or the official translation. I already made my counter-argument on the scanlation case; but let me reiterate here.

1) We have no definite proof on that demon being Mundus himself.

2) Mundus has no motivation to destroy the Human World as a character; but rather rule the two worlds together. It is a very out of character move if he really intends to break the Human World apart.

3) It is not a professionally done translation.

@TheJ-ManRequiem

Fair enough; but that's not enough reason to trust a scanlation. Also, until DMC4SE, DMC never had Japanese voiceacting besides the anime and as far as I remember, there are no complaints for both manga and anime translation other than localization is trying to make Dante sound hip and cool. Still if you guys are saying the official is also dubious, we can always resort to the Japanese raw.

https://puu.sh/ycA5h.jpg

If someone here knows Japanese well, this should clear things up a bit.

http://puu.sh/ycA5h.jpg

I just looked I don't see any demon mundus doesn't have horns he has a angelic look and his skin is white

The only demon we see in the prologue of the manga is sparda

I also tried to write the kanjis on Google Translate (too much freetime right now...) and it looks a lot closer to the official translation. Take a look:

https://puu.sh/ycCGe.png

This is the Japanese text, of course with a few mistakes:

õ¢òÕ║ªþø«ÒüïÕñ®õ©ûÒüîÕ║ªÞ┐öÒüúÒüƒµÖéÚ╗ÆÒéôÞºÆÒéƵêæÒüúÒüƒþú¿þÑ×ÒüîÒüéÒéëÒéÅÒéîÒüƒ
Õ¢╝Òü»2Õ║ªÒü¿Õñºõ©ûÒüÿÒüæÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü«Òü¬ÒéôÒéêÒüåÒü½Õñºõ©ûÒü½ÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬µèùÒéƵëôÒüúÒüƒ
ÒüùÒüïÒüùµèùÒü»Þç¬Òéëµè£ÒüæÕç║ÒüØÒüåÒü¿ÒüùÒüƒÒüƒÒéüþá┤Òü»õ╝ÿÒü¬Òü¬ÒéôÞÇàÒéƵءÒü½ÒüúÒü¬ÒüÄÒüØÒéîÒüíµ░©ÚüáÒü«Õ░üÞéøÒü¿ÒüùÒüƒÒâ╝

@Matthew Schroeder

I'm well aware; but it might ease a Japanese speaking person's job if some parts are hard to see.

@The Everlasting

Like I said, I did it to help (and also out of free time lol), not to reinforce the validity of my arguments. Do I look like an unreasonable person here? Jeez.

@Matthew whether or not I want 3-A anything DMC and whether the links link to google plus threads is irrelevant and that doesn't make my points any less valid besides I'm not even arguing about 3-A DMC in this thread, this is just a thread to get some of the headcanon, rushed, and incorrect conclusions out of the verse.I wanted to get the "Mundus teleporting Dante into a dimension" and "Mundus is the black horned demon with a spear" out of here(along with adding some possible upgrades) because it's clearly false, whether or not it warrants some sort of upgrade or not is not up to me but if it does the scale of the upgrade is also not up to me, that's for you guys.

Except your post isn't valid, dude. There's 0 proof that Mundus created a dimension and if he did it's an outlier.

How is Mundus creating a dimension invalid? He created the Nightmare demon and gave it it's own Evil dimension and possibly created many more of the dimensions that we have seen in DMC1

False. The Nightmare demon's "Dimension" is, as its name implied, a mindscape. It is a nightmare. It isn't a real dimension that is physical.

1. Ôåæ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Nightmare: "When you are surrounded in its gel-like form, you will be teleported into an evil dimension. You must defeat the evil spirits that rule the dimension. The evil is a reflection of Dante's trauma that rests in his subconscious."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back