• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

Can someone explain the Book of Demons to me with the necessary scans? I heard Sevil talk about it and I asked him for a similar level of explanation and got no response, and I’m very curious as to how this item functions.

Can someone explain the Book of Demons to me with the necessary scans? I heard Sevil talk about it and I asked him for a similar level of explanation and got no response, and I’m very curious as to how this item functions.
From the scan I saw it's basically a living book that seals others and transform them into data and those who resist it's powers will be chosen by it and will grant them all the informations about every being that got sealed inside

Last edited:
Is there any reason why Arkham doesn't scale to 2-C through wielding the Force Edge in DMC3? 🤔

(EDIT: Nevermind, it's because he isn't a descendant of Sparda that he doesn't scale to Force Edge's AP)

Last edited:
Is there any reason why Arkham doesn't scale to 2-C through wielding the Force Edge in DMC3? 🤔

(EDIT: Nevermind, it's because he isn't a descendant of Sparda that he doesn't scale to Force Edge's AP)
Plus, he ain't worthy.

Sanctus resonated a bit better and didn't get turned into a complete blob but even he was unable to tap into its power.

FE has the power dormant inside anyways so he ain't scaling. Sanctus took a ritual to resonate with it and still didn't get the powah

aight, another thing I'd like to confirm, someone on another discord said DMC3 Vergil was confirmed to be able to defeat Mundus if Vergil wasn't weakened in the DMC5 prequel novel, is this true or false?

aight, another thing I'd like to confirm, someone on another discord said DMC3 Vergil was confirmed to be able to defeat Mundus if Vergil wasn't weakened in the DMC5 prequel novel, is this true or false?
False. It says DMC3 Vergil would've been able to defeat the Mundus who was still sealed at the end of DMC3 if he wasn't tired after all the fighting in DMC3.

man downgrades on other wikis suck

especially considering how people have sticks up their asses when it comes to scaling DMC

im trying to downgrade DMC3 on another wiki, keyword "trying", since im sucking pretty bad at it lmao

Last edited:
man downgrades on other wikis suck

especially considering how people have sticks up their asses when it comes to scaling DMC

im trying to downgrade DMC3 on another wiki, keyword "trying", since im sucking pretty bad at it lmao
Sealed DMC3 Mundus would still be at least High 3-A to Low 2-C since he was still sustaining the Demon World, and at the very least he would be comparable to Nightmare.

Downgrade turned into upgrade?
troll-face-creepy-smile.gif

Is there any lore/scaling pertaining to the void in DMC5?

We know it's called an infinite abyss on the official website but do we know where it came from? Is it just a part of the Demon World kinda like Fire Hell?

Is there any lore/scaling pertaining to the void in DMC5?

We know it's called an infinite abyss on the official website but do we know where it came from? Is it just a part of the Demon World kinda like Fire Hell?
Nah, nobody scales to the Void as of now.

Really wish the pocket planes would at least have had visible stars in the background.

But more importantly I really hope tier 1 happens at some point.

the way Nightmare and Beastheads are tiered on the wiki lol

Nightmare is Low 2-C and Beastheads is Low 6-B, likely High 4-C to 2-C

The way they are tiered on the wiki is exactly why I asked that question.

That's a mighty ass range for the Beastheads and there doesn't seem to be clear reasoning for it. Rather the reasoning seems to be for Chen as a host as opposed to the Beastheads proper that Dante fought maybe halfway thru the book near that seaside cliff.

Last edited:
Question: how much combat applicable the regen for low and mid tiers demons?
Depends. Low Tiers don’t have high godly, and even then it’s mostly glossed over in the series because the characters have the means to negate the Demon’s regeneration by being a Demon Themselves, (Dante, Vergil, Trish, Nero, Gilver, Chen, etc.), have Anti-Magic bullets (Beryl), or specifically modified weapons made to do so (Lady). I’d still say pretty applicable though, given some demons can regenerate from nothing as long as their prey persists and can come back from any damage not dealt by the main crew.

Depends. Low Tiers don’t have high godly, and even then it’s mostly glossed over in the series because the characters have the means to negate the Demon’s regeneration by being a Demon Themselves, (Dante, Vergil, Trish, Nero, Gilver, Chen, etc.), have Anti-Magic bullets (Beryl), or specifically modified weapons made to do so (Lady). I’d still say pretty applicable though, given some demons can regenerate from nothing as long as their prey persists and can come back from any damage not dealt by the main crew.
Now this is where i get confused, is this via possession? Since it was said the regen was applicable via that (but not being stated for mid tier demons)

Back