• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

Ngl, I hope so.

This’ gonna sound very mean, but I love the Snowgrave route. The extra challenge, the extra development, it’s just more fun than the normal routes. So the possibility to get one with Toriel…

I’ve seen some people theorize Undyne as well. When they do that, I joke that we could also get Napstablook, since he’s a cop too and Undyne’s busy with the dog gang, lol
Yeah if we get Toriel as a playable character, we could have a “FireGrave” route.

I can also see Undyne and Napstablook as a duo boss. Undyne goes ballistic as she finally has something to do as a police officer that’s interesting and pins everything on Kris and Susie and poor Napstablook is there helping her lol.

I feel like the characters relevant in undertale won't really play much of a role in deltarune's dark world, since the two worlds haven't really had any connection to eachother
except sans obviously, cause everything he even breathes next to for a half second becomes a big deal

I feel like the characters relevant in undertale won't really play much of a role in deltarune's dark world, since the two worlds haven't really had any connection to eachother
except sans obviously, cause everything he even breathes next to for a half second becomes a big deal
Yeah that’s fair too. Toby Fox did say that he wants for people to see Deltarune as something completely different from Undertale so we’ll just have to wait and see. The speculation and predictions on Deltarune are always exciting to talk about though because anything is liable to happen when it comes down to it.

Mystery Man will likely take a part in this too, I think

So while i was reading a yt thread a comment pointed out that flowey (in his photoshop state) has 6 files. that got me thinking. frisk has 1, while kris has 3.

So while i was reading a yt thread a comment pointed out that flowey (in his photoshop state) has 6 files. that got me thinking. frisk has 1, while kris has 3.
Yeah, it'll probably come up later. A lot has pointed to a third esoteric entity.
Nothing definitive yet, though.

Just wanna recommend this video to you all, because:

1. If you didn't know about the "UNUSED" dialogue already, you should.
2. Deltarune's Error Handler messages have some interesting pseudo-lore statements.

I've been watching a lot of Deltarune Theories lately. Anyone want I should link some others I've seen?

Just wanna recommend this video to you all, because:

1. If you didn't know about the "UNUSED" dialogue already, you should.
2. Deltarune's Error Handler messages have some interesting pseudo-lore statements.

I've been watching a lot of Deltarune Theories lately. Anyone want I should link some others I've seen?

i do

This theory explores who could be The Knight, in a manner both fairly informative & entertaining. Ever considered Undyne or Alphys?

A Pre-Chapter 2 Theory with a nice dose of critical thinking, about why Ralsei likely isn't Asriel. Read the comments, folks; Since it's pre-Chapter 2, your concerns may have been said already.

Have you ever wondered who Gaster is? Ever wanted to consider that in-depth? How's 27 minutes sound?

I've got a bunch of others I can post later. AtM, sleepy & distracted.

This theory explores who could be The Knight, in a manner both fairly informative & entertaining. Ever considered Undyne or Alphys?

A Pre-Chapter 2 Theory with a nice dose of critical thinking, about why Ralsei likely isn't Asriel. Read the comments, folks; Since it's pre-Chapter 2, your concerns may have been said already.

Have you ever wondered who Gaster is? Ever wanted to consider that in-depth? How's 27 minutes sound?

I've got a bunch of others I can post later. AtM, sleepy & distracted.

man all of this is making me think everything will come crashing down.

Maybe. Not every theory can all be true all at once.

What Deltarune theories do you all believe or disbelieve?

I don't buy the Kris=Knight theory. If Kris was the knight, then how did the Computer Lab fountain get started?

Noelle and Berdly had their books on the table. They walked in, got ready to do their project, and then the fountain was made. Kris was outside with Susie, so it couldn't have been them. There's also text upon checking the closet that implies someone had been hiding in there.

But that was just them standing in the room. Berdly and Noelle had actually managed to put their books on the table and what not, unless them appearing in the Dark World also managed to put their supplies into position.

Nooot really an argument, Susie and Kris also were in a total different class when they got back to the world.
You mean how Kris & Susie entered the Chapter 1 Dark World via the school closet, but exited it in the Unused Classroom?
I mean, that has an explanation; Besides that they traveled in the Dark World & exited at different points from when they left, they entered at 1 Dark Fountain & left at another; Castle Town & Card Castle's Dark Fountains are separate, after all.

You mean how Kris & Susie entered the Chapter 1 Dark World via the school closet, but exited it in the Unused Classroom?
I mean, that has an explanation; Besides that they traveled in the Dark World & exited at different points from when they left, they entered at 1 Dark Fountain & left at another; Castle Town & Card Castle's Dark Fountains are separate, after all.
Yes, so moving around changes your placement on the room of said Dark Fountain. Point being, Noelle and Berdly being at the table isn't really a reliable argument.

Gaster being described as someone with long hands and a knife-shaped blade doesn't strike me as very accurate, but I recognize this could be red herring so we think it's Kris.
I do find it interesting that they cite stuff from Undertale for evidence about the plot of Deltarune, but I do recall reading somewhere that Toby had been planning Deltarune even before Undertale. There was some such stuff, right?

There's also the question of if Seam knowing about how to defeat the Chapter 3 Boss is evidence considering how weird Dark Worlds are chronologically.

I do find it interesting that they cite stuff from Undertale for evidence about the plot of Deltarune, but I do recall reading somewhere that Toby had been planning Deltarune even before Undertale. There was some such stuff, right?
Sans is the definitive link between the two, I bet. But everyone knows the premises behind this at this point,

"Undertale Sans came from another world"
"Undertale Sans speech about "accepting things how they were" could draw a parallel of him being unable to return to the Deltarune universe"
"Undertale Sans has a picture of three people who Kris doesn't recognize, and he seems happy" (Kris, Susie and Noelle/Ralsei, probably)
"Undertale Sans says things like "you'll never see them again" as a Lost SOUL", etc, etc.

Pretty sure there's already a theory covering that.

There's also the question of if Seam knowing about how to defeat the Chapter 3 Boss is evidence considering how weird Dark Worlds are chronologically.
I mean, somehow, all objects are self aware, and their "world" still exists symbolically speaking, as Queen has memories that date far back, before her own dark world was created, same applies to Spamton.

"Undertale Sans has a picture of three people who Kris doesn't recognize, and he seems happy" (Kris, Susie and Noelle/Ralsei, probably)

Pretty sure there's already a theory covering that.
You mean "who Frisk doesn't recognize", right?

My issue with the cross-worlder Sans is that he says he just moved in Deltarune. So he can't have just come from Undertale if the theory's conclusion is that he gets stuck in Undertale after Deltarune.
After all, why would Papyrus be with him, when Papyrus is often not portrayed as having any hint of Sans's scientific side?
& if it was some cross-dimensional scientific experiment, why would he settle into a house in this new world? After all, if he's doing it for science, as most stuff about his character says he'd be doing it for, wouldn't he return immediately?

There doesn't seem to be a reason for him to go cross-dimensionally from Undertale to Deltarune risking abandoning his happy scientific life with Gaster AND bringing Papyrus (Not to mention, it seems to be a different Papyrus, which casts doubt that it's the same Sans; I doubt 1 Sans would just let the other abduct his brother to make him move to a new town for no reason.) to where he moves, & then sitting & waiting instead of going back until whatever disaster makes him ditch Deltarune for Undertale.

I guess ONE possible explanation for him to go from UT to DR (& then back again later.) is if this is all part of some scheme by Gaster &/or the "Other"/the Knight.
But there's ostensibly already someone to keep things in check: The Knight, & several other characters have reason to be The Knight. Not to mention, there being at least 1 pre-existing Dark Fountain & Sans having just moved in casts doubt that Sans is The Knight, since they make Dark Fountains, but Sans can't have if he's never been to this town before.

For Sans to be The Knight, the logic feels like:
"Sans is The Knight because Gaster needs someone micro-managing things, & Gaster chose Sans to be The Knight because... Reasons?"
Not to mention, even if Sans had the capabilities to be The Knight, & his character & motives aligned with it, it may not even be certain The Knight & Gaster or whoever are cooperating.
I mean, somehow, all objects are self aware, and their "world" still exists symbolically speaking, as Queen has memories that date far back, before her own dark world was created, same applies to Spamton.
Yeah. Hence it contradicting the idea of "Seam knows about the Chapter 3 Boss, therefore he must be the one instigating/controlling events, AKA Gaster/The Knight!", when, IMHO, it seems more like a product of Dark Worlds being weird chronologically.

Last edited:
You mean "who Frisk doesn't recognize", right?

My issue with the cross-worlder Sans is that he says he just moved in Deltarune. So he can't have just come from Undertale if the theory's conclusion is that he gets stuck in Undertale after Deltarune.
After all, why would Papyrus be with him, when Papyrus is often not portrayed as having any hint of Sans's scientific side?
& if it was some cross-dimensional scientific experiment, why would he settle into a house in this new world? After all, if he's doing it for science, as most stuff about his character says he'd be doing it for, wouldn't he return immediately?
Sans being from... well, NOT Undertale is heavily implied, so that's not really up to debate unless I'm shown a different interpretation of these implications.

Either way, as for the reason, again, Sans said multiple times he CANNOT go back, that it's better to just accept what's given to you, and that he gave up on trying to return. And yes, the theory would be that, Sans is originally from Deltarune, and he went to Undertale after some weird stuff happened.

More hints on that:
The lady from Snowdin said Sans and Papyrus just showed up someday and inserted themselves within their society. Meaning they weren't present during the great war, or the invasion of the underground.

Susie, a monster from Deltarune, states that everybody bleeds.... That's not the case for Undertale monsters, but who's the only one that bleeds?... Yeh.

As for why he'd get a home there, or why Papyrus' is there, it seems to be an exact replica of his house in Deltarune, so it might have been teleported with Sans, Papyrus being inside of the house is also a very reasonable assumption. The reason behind it is unknown.

Still, I think it's the strongest theory we got.
There doesn't seem to be a reason for him to go cross-dimensionally from Undertale to Deltarune risking abandoning his happy scientific life with Gaster AND bringing Papyrus (Not to mention, it seems to be a different Papyrus, which casts doubt that it's the same Sans; I doubt 1 Sans would just let the other abduct his brother to make him move to a new town for no reason.) to where he moves, & then sitting & waiting instead of going back until whatever disaster makes him ditch Deltarune for Undertale.
I never said it was a conscious decision now, did I? Accidents happen, especially if you know so much about spacetime continuum like that. Might be from personal experience.

Also, this assumes there is an original Sans and Papyrus counterparts in Undertale. Not necessarily the truth, as there's no Susie or Noelle in UT. The theory would say Sans and Papyrus are simply from the DT universe, without any counterparts representing their UT selves.

It's blatantly obvious that Sans is stuck in the Undertale universe, so he probably didn't have any control over moving there in the first place. Either that, or by studying about Spacetime Continuum, he either, did something stupid and teleported him, his house+papyrus, to an entirely new universe, or he simply was curious about exploring different timelines, which yes, Papyrus is aware of Sans' spacetime shinenigans.
I guess ONE possible explanation for him to go from UT to DR (& then back again later.) is if this is all part of some scheme by Gaster &/or the "Other"/the Knight.
But there's ostensibly already someone to keep things in check: The Knight, & several other characters have reason to be The Knight. Not to mention, there being at least 1 pre-existing Dark Fountain & Sans having just moved in casts doubt that Sans is The Knight, since they make Dark Fountains, but Sans can't have if he's never been to this town before.

For Sans to be The Knight, the logic feels like:
"Sans is The Knight because Gaster needs someone micro-managing things, & Gaster chose Sans to be The Knight because... Reasons?"
Not to mention, even if Sans had the capabilities to be The Knight, & his character & motives aligned with it, it may not even be certain The Knight & Gaster or whoever are cooperating.
This goes on a tangent which "my" theory never really addresses, nor does it try to answer, so I'll leave you to it.

One of my favorite theories/analysises, from a Youtuber I linked a video from before. Basically, the premise is "What if Queen represents everyones' mothers? & thus, what does that say about the psychology & family life of the characters?" with a conclusion something like "It's messed up.". Very fun analysis, IMHO.

A very interesting video. It was very in-depth, and the information was presented quickly and concisely, even with subtitles for those who better understand information through text than words.

Can’t say I expected the analysis on Toriel. It’s very much an… unexpected take on her, that even the comment section seems to be surprised by.

Can’t say I expected the analysis on Toriel. It’s very much an… unexpected take on her, that even the comment section seems to be surprised by.
Yeah, but I can't say I entirely disagree. It may be possible Kris has some grievances & that Toriel is a bit negligently mistreating to Kris, or failing to understand.
Not to mention if she shares her UT counterpart's drinking issues (Which Rudy seems to imply is true.), that could be problematic.

Back