• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

Quick question
anyone have a Scan for Spamton’s ‘Reality Manipulation’?
Since when did Spamton manipulate reality?

Quick question
anyone have a Scan for Spamton’s ‘Reality Manipulation’?
Since when did Spamton manipulate reality?
In his pacifist fight, he turns the background different colors, changes the carts to his head, and even creates an entire Spamton city in the background.

In his pacifist fight, he turns the background different colors, changes the carts to his head, and even creates an entire Spamton city in the background.
How is any of that reality warping? If just that constitutes reality warping, I could think of over a dozen profiles that'd have it as well. Even if you wanted to really stretch it, that would barely be enough to account for "minor reality manipulation" at the very most.

How is any of that reality warping? If just that constitutes reality warping, I could think of over a dozen profiles that'd have it as well. Even if you wanted to really stretch it, that would barely be enough to account for "minor reality manipulation" at the very most.
How else would you describe it? It requires no time nor action from Spamton, it just sort of happens around him.

That sounds like Creation or something to me, but Reality Warping? For creating a city?
I do not know. I didn't add it to him.
Creation could definitely work, since that can describe all of the feats currently listed under reality warping.
It would also explain why he doesn't reality warp in combat, but does create many things to fight with.

That sounds like Creation or something to me, but Reality Warping? For creating a city?
"Reality Warping (sometimes called Reality Alteration or Reality Manipulation) is a term used to describe the ability to manipulate reality itself.

The ability to change reality into how the person in question sees fit, while ignoring the rules of science. Users can alter any item already considered real"

Yeah, creating a "Spamton Themed City" out of absolutely nowhere, and then turning the background into rainbows and stuff when he feels happy without any indication that he had direct influence seems to be reality warping to me.

It is non-combat applicable.

I do not know. I didn't add it to him.
Creation could definitely work, since that can describe all of the feats currently listed under reality warping.
It would also explain why he doesn't reality warp in combat, but does create many things to fight with.
Creation does not work. He just transforms the background into a city inside a basement, then warps it to become a rainbow-like wall without even trying. That's not creation.

Do we even know if it's an actual city? Or just looks like one?

And if so, then maybe we could go with Minor Reality Warping.

Creation does not work. He just transforms the background into a city inside a basement, then warps it to become a rainbow-like wall without even trying. That's not creation.
He could have created the wall.
Honestly I'm neutral so long as it's listed as "Limited Reality Warping".
It not being combat-applicable doesn't really apply, since he uses the roller coasters he creates to affect the party.
It also feels like he utilizes his abilities in battle such as growing giant.

Do we even know if it's an actual city? Or just looks like one?

And if so, then maybe we could go with Minor Reality Warping.
It has depth to it, and he also extends the tunnel by a lot.
The coasters keep moving for the entire fight, while the city moves in the background.

He could have created the wall.
Honestly I'm neutral so long as it's listed as "Limited Reality Warping".
It not being combat-applicable doesn't really apply, since he uses the roller coasters he creates to affect the party.
It also feels like he utilizes his abilities in battle such as growing giant.
So he creates an entire city, turns into a wall, over the already existing way, in his image? Yeah, again, Creation does not work here, as it never overlays already existing matter.

It is a non-combat applicable reality warping, but one regardless. No need to be listed as limited, most citations of said ability are not to its full extent.

So he creates an entire city, turns into a wall, over the already existing way, in his image? Yeah, again, Creation does not work here, as it never overlays already existing matter.

It is a non-combat applicable reality warping, but one regardless. No need to be listed as limited, most citations of said ability are not to its full extent.
But it is combat applicable. He puts them on the carts which forces them to change their soul, since they can't dodge normally anymore.

But it is combat applicable. He puts them on the carts which forces them to change their soul, since they can't dodge normally anymore.
…what?
that seems like a leap on logic. Kris does the same Soul Change during the Snowgrave Spamton fight, which occurs without carts. In addition, the carts during the Berdly fight have no effect his soul.

…what?
that seems like a leap on logic. Kris does the same Soul Change during the Snowgrave Spamton fight, which occurs without carts. In addition, the carts during the Berdly fight have no effect his soul.
Okay, that's fair.

Yeah I thought of that a few weeks ago. There is some evidence suggesting it is Spamton, but it is also very doubtful.

The call starts with a seemingly jovial person saying "Hello! Can I speak to G...". Of course, the fact that G is obviously the first letter in Gaster has led many people to believe that this person was referring to him, ever since 2015. And now that we have Spamton, someone heavily implied to have been called by and called back to Gaster, it makes some sense to believe that this was Spamton trying to call Gaster. Before he was driven mad and had his life destroyed, of course. And while it is a much more minor part of it, the fact that he speaks in a happy manner could be considered a weaker piece of evidence, as Spamton, a salesman, is likely used to speaking like that, not to mention that he would be happy to be trying to get in touch with the man who helped him get big. And another thing to note is that this is in Snowdin, the place where Sans in specific lives, and also in a room where you can travel with the River Person, someone who is heavily theorized to know and mention Gaster, and who also mentions a "man from another world", who I am very confident is in reference to Sans.

But of course, the idea of Toby referencing Spamton, a character that you could argue wasn't even fleshed out back at that point, is extremely farfetched. And it doesn't help that the caller proceeds to sing a song about it being the wrong number when they realize it, which is obviously just a joke Toby made. If the caller realized it was the wrong number and just stopped the call, then it'd be a bit more believable.

Additionally, the caller asks the person they thought they called if they could speak to G. Assuming that this is in reference to Gaster, I feel like it's very doubtful that Gaster would have someone to receive calls for him. But it could be possible, and it's also not impossible that it could be related to whoever the two are when Gaster says "What do you two think?" in Entry Number Seventeen.

And most of all, the song in the background is also in G key, apparently. Which means that them saying G is almost certainly just adding to the joke.

Overall, if I had to rate how likely I personally believe this theory is on a 1-10 scale, I'd probably go with a 3. Not almost certainly false or impossible, but definitely not what I'd call a likely one, either.

Edit: I forgot to mention another bit of counterevidence on top of all of that. Keep in mind that Grillby also starts with a G, and Grillby is in Snowdin, where the call takes place. So yeah, even less likely.

Last edited:
Also, I made a comment on YouTube summarizing a large portion of Gaster's lore. Going over all of the confirmed and canonical information while also addressing why he is practically guaranteed to not only be Mystery Man, but also related to Deltarune. I already did something earlier in thread but I'll just copy and paste that comment here. I'll go find it now.

"Canonical, absolutely confirmed information about Gaster (meaning no speculation at all, regardless of how likely a theory is): Gaster was the former Royal Scientist. Gaster created the CORE and likely the True Lab. Gaster fell into the CORE and was shattered across time and space, effectively erased from existence, or perhaps more precisely, exists within a limbo, neither completely non-existent nor fully extant. Entering Gaster's name as the human's name, the vessel's name, or your name in either Undertale or Deltarune will reset the game. Gaster's Theme is, of course, the canonical theme of Gaster and can only be found in the Sound Test room, where the 4 songs Happy Town, Meat Factory, Trouble Dingle, and Gaster's Theme play, notably, you can switch between songs as you please, but after you select Gaster's Theme, that is locked in and you can no longer play other songs. Gaster has several followers who seem to also be in a similar state, and when you're in the same room as them, your phone no longer works. Gaster has an unknown relation to Sans, which is confirmed by the fact that Sans blatantly has an attack named a Gaster Blaster. Gaster's stats in the files were at one point 666,666 HP, 66,666 ATK, and 66,666 DEF, but it was removed, also, Gaster's name has 6 digits. And lastly, as well as (in my opinion) by far the most important information, is that Gaster wrote Entry Number Seventeen. We know this for several reasons. 1. Gaster is the former Royal Scientist. 2. Nothing implies Alphys can write in Wing Ding's and it would make no sense for her to do that when every entry found in the True Lab is written normally. 3. There is actually another Entry Number 17 unused in the game, which is quite clearly made by Alphys. 4. The room that you can find it in is LITERALLY called "room_gaster". Oh, and a bonus detail more than likely intended by Toby is that Alphys types the entry number using numbers, whereas the Wing Ding's Entry Number 17 is written using the word Seventeen.

So, with the confirmed info out of the way, let's get into the very likely theories, some of which are so likely in fact, that they border on being 100% certain.

First off, the Mystery Man is almost certainly Gaster. For starters, you remember how his stats explicitly included only the number 6? Well, the FUN value required to have a chance at getting the Mystery Man's room is 66. Not enough to convince you? That's fine, what about the fact that the teleport sound he makes is identical to the sound used for one of the Gaster Follower's? Of course, it's still fine to hold some skepticism, maybe these are all coincidences...oh wait, the teleport sound, when reversed, slowed down, and looped, sounds almost exactly like Gaster's Theme. Yeah, Mystery Man is Gaster.

Next up, Gaster is related to Deltarune. I am so confident about this that I am hard-pressed not to just include it with the facts about him. The voice you hear at the start of the game has a typer value of 666. A typer value is basically, to summarize it extremely, a specific set of data used for a specific character's dialogue. And 6 is, wouldn't you guess it, a number heavily linked with Gaster. Keep in mind that Entry Number Seventeen is only written in capital Wing-Dings, and the voice here speaks in all uppercase. Next up, the person speaking on Twitter using the Deltarune/Undertale account also talks in capital letters, not to mention that one of Gaster's infamous lines from Entry Number Seventeen is quoted. Oh, and I can't forget that, during the timeframe where those messages were sent, the name for the account was covered in blocky text, and the amount of digits were 6, the same as how many there are in Gaster's name. Not enough yet? Next up, have you ever heard of the Wayback Machine? It is a machine used to catalog websites and everything that goes on them. The Deltarune website has existed for a long time, and during its life span, there were only ever 2 images on the website, both very dark, but with Wing-Dings hidden in them, all of them being uppercase. The first one reads "THIS NEXT EXPERIMENT WILL BE VERY, VERY, INTERESTING." a direct quote from Entry Number Seventeen. And the next one reads "THREE HEROES APPEARED, TO BANISH THE ANGEL'S HEAVEN." a direct quote from Ralsei's story about the 3 heroes in Chapter 1. Still not enough? What about how, in Entry Number Seventeen, Gaster talks about darkness so much that it's like he's obsessed with it, with darkness being an extremely major theme in Deltarune?

Oh, and there's also a ton of evidence suggesting that Gaster is the Knight in Deltarune, which is an extension of the previous topic, so I'll go ahead and get into that, as well. First of all, you know how a mysterious man behind a tree gives you an egg? Well, this is something absurd, but when you type egg in all caps into a Wing-Dings translator, the resulting symbols are the same moves a knight can make in Chess. When you use your cell phone in a Dark World, a noise plays, the same noise heard in Entry Number Seventeen, which is described directly as "garbage noise". After you defeat Spamton NEO, if you return to his shop in the garbage dump, exactly 6 people appear, who knew Spamton. Apparently, Spamton was a salesman who couldn't get successful, and someone who called him was able to help him get big. But someday, Spamton's sales plummeted and his life was destroyed. The 6th one to the left says that he put Spamton's phone to his ear, as it was still on after Spamton had left his room, and when he listened to the audio, it was nothing but garbage noise. On top of ALL OF THAT. Several characters, including Spamton himself, have said lines very similar to what Gaster said in Entry Number Seventeen, primarily things relating to darkness.

Honestly, if you still think Gaster is unrelated to Deltarune after everything I've just said, I have no idea what'll convince you outside of direct confirmation in the game itself. And also, I haven't even gone over everything about Gaster. I've actually only dived into, at most, a bit over half of the iceberg. There is still much more that I could cover, but this comment is absurdly long already."

Edit: I forgot to mention another bit of counterevidence on top of all of that. Keep in mind that Grillby also starts with a G, and Grillby is in Snowdin, where the call takes place. So yeah, even less likely.
There's also the fact that any Gaster Follower could be responsible for this. And there's no leitmotif of Wrong Number Song in Spamton's theme song, something Toby consistently do to create connections between characters

Deltarune theories I've enjoyed recently.

Whether you agree or not, I think The Knight leads to intereting theorization.

Making a profile for the best character (Maus/Mauswheel).

Would Maus be 9-B, and Mauswheel be 9-A? Maus is a fodder enemy, but Mauswheel is treated more like a miniboss.

My personal theory is that in every future chapter, Roulxs Kaard will fight you with a new puzzle based gimmick each time until he finally gets to show his true power in the final chapter.

Also I think the reason we haven’t seen Papyrus is because he’ll be somehow plot relevant or because he’s being held for the end credits as a joke lol!

My personal theory is that in every future chapter, Roulxs Kaard will fight you with a new puzzle based gimmick each time until he finally gets to show his true power in the final chapter.

Also I think the reason we haven’t seen Papyrus is because he’ll be somehow plot relevant or because he’s being held for the end credits as a joke lol!
Inb4 someone tries to backscale chapter 5 Roulxs to chapter 1

Back