• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

Also another prediction of mine is that Catty and Jockington are the next classmates who are going into a dark world. (Honestly I hope Temmie is too though it’s unlikely)

Toriel is very likely to be a playable character in Ch. 3 too.

My Deltarune Predictions:

Gaster is the Knight, but the Knight being set up as the potential main villain is a diversion and Gaster is actually a good guy.

Ralsei has ulterior motives, either he's evil or he's somewhat neutral (as in not as good as we thought but not a full-on bad guy).

This isn't one of my more likely predictions and I don't think it'll happen but I could see it being true, Mike might be the next Secret Boss.

In the final chapters, some of the Undertale character's will have more relevance on the plot, especially Sans, but for most of the game they'll be pretty minor.

And for Snowgrave Route:

Each chapter you'll kill more and more of the classmates.

You'll eventually fight Susie and probably also Ralsei.

You'll kill everyone in the Dark World and the Light World by the end.

Might have the Sans fight (or potentially a revamped version), but doubtful.

Even if Sans isn't a fight again, I think there's a slight chance we'll also get yet another version of Megalovania.

My Deltarune Predictions:

Gaster is the Knight, but the Knight being set up as the potential main villain is a diversion and Gaster is actually a good guy.

Ralsei has ulterior motives, either he's evil or he's somewhat neutral (as in not as good as we thought but not a full-on bad guy).

This isn't one of my more likely predictions and I don't think it'll happen but I could see it being true, Mike might be the next Secret Boss.

In the final chapters, some of the Undertale character's will have more relevance on the plot, especially Sans, but for most of the game they'll be pretty minor.

And for Snowgrave Route:

Each chapter you'll kill more and more of the classmates.

You'll eventually fight Susie and probably also Ralsei.

You'll kill everyone in the Dark World and the Light World by the end.

Might have the Sans fight (or potentially a revamped version), but doubtful.

Even if Sans isn't a fight again, I think there's a slight chance we'll also get yet another version of Megalovania.
I like them all!

Also, extremely unlikely prediction that I don't believe will happen at all but could happen: It's possible we may see the Undertale timeline again, or at least hear of it. It's heavily implied that Sans may have traveled to the Undertale timeline from Deltarune. Let me list the reasonings:

Sans is aware of alternative timelines and time manipulation. And is also a scientist implied to have tried making a time machine.

Papyrus commented on Sans "PRANKING YOU ACROSS SPACE-TIME" as though it were a common occurrence (and we know Sans can teleport).

The door to his room is the exact same as the portal doors in Deltarune, just with a color change. It wouldn't have been hard for Toby to just make them into regular doors so that is almost certainly intentional.

The River Person has dialogue saying "Beware the man who came from another world.".

In the Snowdin shop, the Shopkeeper says that Sans and Papyrus just showed up one day out of nowhere.

And lastly, Papyrus comments in a phone call that going to his room feels like another world.

Alright here’s ALL of my predictions

-Ch. 3 is based on TV sitcoms and game shows and takes place in all of Kris’ house.

-The main villain is the whoever smile on the TV is

-We may or may not get to meet this “Mike” character Spamton talks about

-Probably unlikely, but Susie will either admit she’s homeless or has a bad home life which makes Toriel to take her in as her own

-Lancer, Queen, and King will still be plot relevant in every chapter someway or another

-Roulxs Kaard will be a boss every chapter with a different puzzle based gimmick every chapter until he finally shows his true power in the final chapter

-Ralsei knows something you don’t but for “good reasons” forcing you to fight him as a boss

-Catty and Jockington will appear in one of the dark worlds similarly to how Noelle and Berdly did

-Noelle’s father Rudy will become more and more ill until Kris or Noelle decides to make a dark fountain to keep him alive there however things will become worse

-Papyrus will accidentally fall into a dark world becoming plot relevant lol

-The Roaring actually happens

Also, Undertale takes place in the 2010's, whereas Deltarune takes place in presumably the early 2000's at the latest. So the timelines would match up assuming they're in sync.
According to... what? I believe we had a discussion about this, and the conclusion was that it could take place in any year

Ralsei's manual says the game takes place in 202X
This makes sense. If we align both timelines, we see that this would make sense.

Monster Kid is a teenager.
Gerson died of old age.
Asriel is in university.

Deltarune is separate from Undertale as a universe, sure, but its timeline (events) such as a characters age should still be telling when the games takes place in.

According to... what? I believe we had a discussion about this, and the conclusion was that it could take place in any year
We did, I don't remember that being the conclusion specific though. What was the level of technology showed again? Cause while it isn't 1997 as I thought before, we still see some relatively unadvanced stuff.

I still think Deltarune is a timeline where the Monsters won the war.
Oh, that's actually an interesting theory. Humans obviously haven't shown up once, have brief references with Kris seemingly being afraid of the topic, and there's a book about how to raise one, which could be further implications. Not to mention that there's plenty of evidence suggesting that Monster's aren't massively weaker than humans in Deltarune, contrary to Undertale, which could explain why they were capable of winning.

Very dark and honestly absurd crackpot theory: Susie makes several mentions of eating people's faces, threatening it with Kris before. One of the songs in the Sound Test room (all of which may be related to Gaster or may just be there as filler songs before playing Gaster's Theme) is named Meat Factory. And there are multiple mentions of blood and humans being made of blood and meat. Which made me get a silly thought of what if Monster's ate humans at some point lmao.

And yeah never mind the whole timelines being in sync thing. I do still think it's very much possible that Deltarune takes place pre-2010's, but obviously there's heavy direct implications otherwise and the belief is based on less solidary evidence than those implications.

Either way, Sans being from Deltarune still has plenty of evidence to make it a good theory.

This shows intent from the author..
Which is why I said most likely canon. It's still very likely, but not outright confirmation.

Box TV. Fashion choices mostly used in the 1990's and 2000's. The Queen using arcade style games, although makes a joke about only playing mobile games, but that in itself is contradictory and could've just been something Toby did because the opportunity was too good to pass up on.

And honestly the opening scene in Chapter 1 just gave heavy vibes like that.

Toriel is old, and their TV is dusty. Try visiting your grandma every once and a while.
Fashion choices mostly used in the 1990's and 2000's.
... Says who?
The Queen using arcade style games
Queen is the old computer in the computer lab.
although makes a joke about only playing mobile games, but that in itself is contradictory and could've just been something Toby did because the opportunity was too good to pass up on.
Of course the one evident contradiction to your thesis is "just something Toby did because reasons"

Sorry, this doesn't fly. Mobile Games straight up confirms this takes places after 2010s.
And honestly the opening scene in Chapter 1 just gave heavy vibes like that.
No it... didn't? What the hell.

Toriel is old, and their TV is dusty. Try visiting your grandma every once and a while.

... Says who?

Queen is the old computer in the computer lab.

Of course the one evident contradiction to your thesis is "just something Toby did because reasons"

Sorry, this doesn't fly. Mobile Games straight up confirms this takes places after 2010s.

No it... didn't? What the hell.
Old doesn't mean they choose to not have modern technology. My grandma is dead but thanks I guess.

Says a lot of people who played the game, including myself? That's not really a proper counterargument, either way.

Being an old computer doesn't mean they wouldn't know of modern technology. An old computer can still go on modern YouTube.

It isn't the one evident contradiction, nor is my claim inaccurate, and your reasoning for the clothes argument is literally "Says who?".

And you're the one who mentioned that Queen is an old computer as a counterargument.

Another great counterargument.

I don't know why you're even trying to debate this when I literally said to disregard the point a few replies ago.

Old doesn't mean they choose to not have modern technology. My grandma is dead but thanks I guess.
A lot of older people do. Having older technology inside their house when there is an older person in it does not really prove anything in regards to the year they are.
Says a lot of people who played the game, including myself? That's not really a proper counterargument, either way.
Okay, seriously, what the **** are you talking about? "That's not a counterar-" there was no ******* argument in the first place. You just claimed something out of nowhere, to which I replied asking for a reasoning other than your own opinion.
Being an old computer doesn't mean they wouldn't know of modern technology. An old computer can still go on modern YouTube.
Can an older computer emulate PS4 games?... Exactly.
It isn't the one evident contradiction, nor is my claim inaccurate, and your reasoning for the clothes argument is literally "Says who?".
Bro, what is wrong with your brain? Like, for real? "MY" reasoning for the clothes argument? It's your ******* argument, smartass. You never gave any reasoning behind it, and you expected a full-on refutation to that shit? Oh p-l-e-a-s-e.
It's a contradiction, and your claim is ******* baseless. Mobile Games didn't exist back in the day.
And you're the one who mentioned that Queen is an old computer as a counterargument.
She has access to the internet. I used it as a counter to the fact she is emulating arcade games, not as a limitation to her knowledge. Stop with the non-sequitur.
Another great counterargument.
It's on par with the argument, baseless shit.

Once again mentioning my dead grandparents.
Why are you trying to pretend like you've been victim of a personal intended attack? How the **** was I supposed to know that? It was a suggestion, "go to an old's people house, and you will see how they do have older technology", literally made to support my argument: "Toriel is old, of course she has old junk"
How about not using potentially sensitive ad hominems for a trivial argument I already tried to stop?
Here's an ad hominem: You're being ******* stupid.
Oh, that's right, just claiming you are stupid is not an ad hominem. Just like suggesting you to go to an old person's house.

Annnnd you just proved what I had been suspecting for a while now. Just gonna ignore you from now on. Was hoping people in this thread would stay civil, but where there's a debate, there's an asshole. First insulting me and telling me to visit my dead grandparents, then proceeding to insult me for every single point I said in my last reply about an argument I said multiple times I no longer was even trying to argue about. Yikes.

Why are you trying to pretend like you've been victim of a personal intended attack? How the **** was I supposed to know that? It was a suggestion, "go to an old's people house, and you will see how they do have older technology", literally made to support my argument: "Toriel is old, of course she has old junk"

Here's an ad hominem: You're being ******* stupid.
Oh, that's right, just claiming you are stupid is not an ad hominem. Just like suggesting you to go to an old person's house.
Lol furthering my point even more with that. Have fun being an ignorant egotistical ********. Wish there was a block option, but there is a report option so that works as well.

Guy plays the victim, tries to make an argument into a personal shit, and is a total coward to any opposition. Who would have guessed?

You can **** right off, sir.

Lol furthering my point even more with that. Have fun being an ignorant egotistical ********. Wish there was a block option, but there is a report option so that works as well.
You're free to try. You're being ******* unreasonable with that "grandparent" stuff.

"Did you say the word "grandma"? DIDN'T YOU KNOW MY GRANDMA IS DEAAAAD? whines harder"

Just get out of my ******* face if you're not bringing an actual argument. Better an egotistical "********" (calling me that just makes your complaint useless) than a hypocrite.

Toriel is very likely to be a playable character in Ch. 3 too.
Ngl, I hope so.

This’ gonna sound very mean, but I love the Snowgrave route. The extra challenge, the extra development, it’s just more fun than the normal routes. So the possibility to get one with Toriel…

I’ve seen some people theorize Undyne as well. When they do that, I joke that we could also get Napstablook, since he’s a cop too and Undyne’s busy with the dog gang, lol

Ngl, I hope so.

This’ gonna sound very mean, but I love the Snowgrave route. The extra challenge, the extra development, it’s just more fun than the normal routes. So the possibility to get one with Toriel…

I’ve seen some people theorize Undyne as well. When they do that, I joke that we could also get Napstablook, since he’s a cop too and Undyne’s busy with the dog gang, lol
Dog gang is optional so Undyne will liiikely be the cop to show up. Naps is also just as likely.
Maybe both?

I wonder if, as a follow-up to Snowgrave, we will be able to kill Undyne.... again. I'd say Toriel, but I don't... really want to do that

Back