• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that "having metal limbs that Aang can't bend" doesn't mean anything, because Aang doesn't use his bending on people's limbs.

It's like arguing mental resistance as an advantage against a guy who relies on telekinesis.

Aang doesn't bend people...

The only people who even do that are bloodbenders, and Aang isn't one of those.

So that Avatar Vendetta guy can bend human limbs and Aang cannot.

Also can Aang not just remove Ed's alchemy superpowers?

Back to topic, these matter not as Aang is much faster and much stronger than Ed is. And I doubt Ed would even be given a kidney stone because of how he wishes to use the kidney stone for and how he knows how kidney stones are formed.

Aang just blitzes and AP one-shots before Ed can blink.

Jasonsith said:
That Avatar Vendetta guy?
Is a bloodbender.

EDIT: So since you edited your comment, let me elaborate.

1. The episode of Avatar that introduces us to bloodbending tells us that its something only waterbenders of the highest and most advanced caliber can do. Literally none of the Avatars in the past even knew this was something that could be done, and Aang himself has never demonstrated it at any point, nor has he shown the sheer skill that bloodbending requires. (note that I say "skill" and not "power"; Aang is a powerful bender, but his actual finesse with waterbending is nowhere near as good as any of the characters who've shown the ability to bloodbend)

2. Even if he could do it, the operative wording I used was that he doesn't do that. Ed having limbs Aang can't bend is moot, because "bending an opponent's limbs" is something we've never seen him do in a fight.

Bending and Alchemy are completely different in how they work. Aang shouldn't be able to remove Alchemy from Edward. Edward only canonically lost his powers to The Truth (Which is basically God), and only because Edward didn't want them anymore.

Also, was that auto-correct? Because I don't think Edward's gonna pass any kidney stones in the fight.

@MrKingOfNegativity, @Unoriginal Memes: thanks.

And I do not think Ed will be allowed a Philosopher's Stone.

Also, I hate auto-correct.

Ah yeah just find another trivial thing: Philosopher's Stone in Traditional Chinese is "Þ│óÞÇàõ╣ïþƒ│" (abbrv. Þ│óþƒ│), whose Chinese character Þ│ó is similar in shape as ÞàÄ (kidney).

Oh reminds me of the joke in the Chinese speaking community.

@Negativity

Last Airbender as a universe doesn't have metal prosthetics like we see in Fullmetal, so he hasn't seen someone like that, but he would probably know that's not his real arm. My point was, even if Aang knew metalbending, which I don't think he does, he couldn't bend the arm because the lighter automail is not made of impure, iron-based metals like those in Avatar.

@Jasonsith

I'll state it again, just to be safe: Alchemy is a science, not a unique superpower. Anyone in Fullmetal can learn how to do it, unlike becoming a bender in Avatar. Ed is a special type because he can substitute himself into the transmutation circle part of the equation. He's funneling the energy of the Earth through himself in order to perform the alchemy. He can do this because he gained knowledge from The Gate of Truth. Technically speaking, anyone can do it but they don't know how. When Ed gave up his alchemy at the end of the series, he did so willingly and because it was a deal with basically God, that's why he no longer had the ability to use it.

In conclusion, the nature of Alchemy shouldn't allow Aang to take away Ed's abilities. Only way Ed is unable to do it is by losing an arm

Did he ever fight Combustion Man up close? Last I remember, he was defeated by Sokka's boomerang hitting him on that thing on his head. I think that was the second time when Zuko tried to interfere

Ed scales to a depowered Father at most. And basically that battle is all alchemists against depowered Father exploiting Father's finite stamina.

Oh yeah The preview of Aang vs Edward.

I like it that the battle starts Ed being "called" by Aang little and Ed actually calling Aang hairless.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Yes, very fitting start. Also, I know I'm not in the minority here, but I love when they start off with the reason for them fighting.
Same here. I felt that Weiss vs Mitsuru felt kinda incomplete because the fight begun with the two already in mid battle.

@Titan: My bad, though they were already at it, that's what I mean. They had an exchange right at the beginning, but it did feel a small part was missing. Not wanting to be nitpicky or anything though.

DBX General Spoilers
@Jason: The results are surprising close in the votations.

Ok. But without spoiling the winner, what was the percentage in votes? (Dont say the names, I just want to know the percentage scores)

Maskofthedragon said:
Tipper17 said:
Js250476 said:
Just as a heads up the ending contains spoilers.
Like what
Just in case
You hear the Avatar State and I doubt Ed counters it in like 20 seconds

Just in case
And I do not think SA would let Aang bust up his Avatar State for < 20 seconds just to get countered by Ed swiftly.
And the G1 Blog for thiws fight

Surprisingly split in opinion. Real Carnage vs Lucy v.2.0

And Ed can scale to lightning timers now? That's a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back