• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Sorvoe551 said:
I'm now extremely concerned for Cable. From what I can tell, he scales DEFENSIVELY to DC Heralds, not offensively, and they're giving him the pitty win if they let him become Waverider (who not only was a completely different person a while ago, but required a lot of stuff to make happen. The comments will flood with stuff like "you give DC all the powerups, what about Marvel? Where was Rune King Thor and Allfather Ultron?")

At least let Nate Grey play a part of this, that'll even it up at least
Ya mean Booster

The song was on youtube for a short time, and it might have some spoilers in it.

Spoiler
The song goes Xman for a short period near the end, but then switches to Justice League for the rest of the song. So assuming Booster fakes his death shortly before taking the win

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I mean in general.
Four Fist Death Punch

Lost Ice Storms

Elements of Alchemy

Marvelous

Watch Out, Samurai!

Bizarre Stars

Literally every song that has ended with a character's leitmotif has ended in that character winning.

I'm not wrong.

FFDP - Pokemon Battle Theme cuts off the MK theme

LIS - Esdeath singing and flipping the audience off

EoA - Avatar theme

Marvelous - Justice League Theme cuts off the Avengers theme

WOS! - Literally plays the outro clip from samurai jack

Bizarre Stars - HnK theme cuts off Jotaro's theme

Point is it's common enough that to act like the song never has any indication on the victor isn't correct. To say the victor is 100% going to the person the song indicates isn't true, but the cases where it's true far outnumber the times it's been false.

Neither of you guys are wrong You can't always assume the theme song will assume the winner all the time and admitting certain songs do spoil it

I am correct, though

Every song that has ended with a leitmotif has matched up with that winner. That's not a matter of opinion, that's literally how the songs go

Gray getting stomped by Esdeath is no surprise so I'd give Death Battle kudos there. I fondly remember Esdeath being Large Country level from the crater feat.

LordGinSama said:
Gray getting stomped by Esdeath is no surprise so I'd give Death Battle kudos there. I fondly remember Esdeath being Large Country level from the crater feat.
Literally even if she was (and she's not, she's 22 teratons), Slayers can amp themselves by eating elements so lol

Also they said that they were the same speed when even BOS gray was faster so lol

Literally even if she was (and she's not, she's 22 teratons), Slayers can amp themselves by eating elements so lol

Also they said that they were the same speed when even BOS gray was faster so lol

What speed did they put her at specifically? Besides this sites standards Esdeath winning is correct given her stats with it vs gray

ZephyrosOmega said:
I am correct, though

Every song that has ended with a leitmotif has matched up with that winner. That's not a matter of opinion, that's literally how the songs go
I mean emerald heroes didn't sound like one where Hal would win where most thought alien x would come over n at the end

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Ngl, that song linked more with Daredevil than it did Nightwing. Yet, Dick won.
Yeah, exactly. I realize Nightwing doesn't really have a noteworthy iconic theme to draw from, so it makes sense for Daredevil's to mostly be used, but regardless, that song is still an instance of the leitmotiff at the end pretty explicitly not matching the winner

Did the mech feat get downgraded somehow? Back when I was around the feat was around 200-300 Teratons.

I remember Slayers receiving a boost by eating the respective elements but I don't recall them getting to the opponents level of strength. Maybe if you go by Ignia yeah but he did kinda let Natsu eat his fire willing as opposed to actually attacking Natsu. That doesn't necessarily mean Esdeath is useless either as she can still splatter him in one shot with her sword or any melee attack that doesn't use ice.

Sadistic ice tiddy ftw.

The animation was something I enjoyed. the animation was a lot better a few years ago but I found this one to be satisfying nonetheless.

Tipper17 said:
What speed did they put her at specifically?
Besides this sites standards Esdeath winning is correct given her stats with it vs gray

They didn't

They just slapped "they both dodged lightning" on it.

Also no, Gray is 100-500 times faster and can amp himself to Esdeath's level by eating ice. There's a reason Natsu has a 6-A key in 100 years quest, it's cause he ate fire from a 6-A

What speed did they put her at specifically?
Besides this sites standards Esdeath winning is correct given her stats with it vs gray

They didn't

They just slapped "they both dodged lightning" on it.

Also no, Gray is 100-500 times faster and can amp himself to Esdeath's level by eating ice. There's a reason Natsu has a 6-A key in 100 years quest, it's cause he ate fire from a 6-A

Meh I see but whatever this fight been heavily debated anyways so as I said it's a coin toss depending on how you take there feats

Yeah, exactly. I realize Nightwing doesn't really have a noteworthy iconic theme to draw from, so it makes sense for Daredevil's to mostly be used, but regardless, that song is still an instance of the leitmotiff at the end pretty explicitly not matching the winner

The leitmotiff for that song sounded a bit like the op for the Netflix Daredevil show.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
The leitmotiff for that song sounded a bit like the op for the Netflix Daredevil show.
Did it? I didn't notice it at all.

Where you get this? Also pretty sure folks expect something like this to happen cable kills standard booster then Waverider Booster comes in and murders him Given time travel will be used a lot in this fight

Where you get this? Also pretty sure folks expect something like this to happen cable kills standard booster then Waverider Booster comes in and murders him Given time travel will be used a lot in this fight

I dont think Waverider will be used.

I dont think Waverider will be used.

I don't see why not the fact that it was mentioned in the blog as something he could access to there's no reason to believe it wouldn't be used

Just because it was mentioned in the blog doesn't mean it'll happen in the actual episode. Remember it's called a "fan blog" for a reason. And plus Waverider comes from convergence, a storyline whose canonical status isn't well defined.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Just because it was mentioned in the blog doesn't mean it'll happen in the actual episode. Remember it's called a "fan blog" for a reason. And plus Waverider comes from convergence, a storyline whose canonical status isn't well defined.
A blog that was done by two guys that are on the research team not just some random blog outta nowhere. Esdeath was allowed ISIC despite it being a prep technique and folks argue over whether it will be allowed and guess what happened?

One thing sure: @Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff roots for Cable.

But I do not like the chances of Cable in front of BG.

Back