• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like what?
A lot of downplay on Hulk and overwank on Broly. People saying that DB doesn't buy Marvel heralds so Hulk is going to get destroyed.
It's moreso the way they're saying that. They're free to think Broly wins, but they constantly say things like "hurr durr you guys are dumb Broly is multi+ while Hulk is just solar system and he's gonna stomp Hulk haha."

They're obviously trolling lol. Haven't said anything on that page for awhile now cause I don't feel like getting in unnecessary drama. Admins need to step it up tho

They already used Erza IIRC, and I couldn't even remember she was from Fairy Tail until I looked it up. So yeah, kind of a who to me (Although she's probably more popular in the anime community)

Pol was better off being possessed by Anubis

Any who, I just want quality DBs and 90% of the DBs to feature brand new characters that haven't appeared on DB (including alternative versions of pre-existing characters, we already had the Batman "archetype" 5 times in total on DB lol).

Outside the big 3 (Gray, Natsu and Erza) who already got their matches, I feel like most FT match ups are just part of a LONG list of anime match ups that have some demand behind them but lack that "je ne sais quoi" or "X factor" like Naruto Vs Ichigo, Sasuke Vs Hiei and recently Lee Vs Sanji (which would've got more hype if it weren't you "know").

Outside the big 3 (Gray, Natsu and Erza) who already got their matches, I feel like most FT match ups are just part of a LONG list of anime match ups that have some demand behind them but lack that "je ne sais quoi" or "X factor" like Naruto Vs Ichigo, Sasuke Vs Hiei and recently Lee Vs Sanji (which would've got more hype if it weren't you "know").
yeah maybe outside of Shanks vs Gildarts not many matches involving FT has that X factor to them

Aside from being anime women that attack using swords, what are Erza and Saber's connections anyways?

-Both women had to endure being at the bottom of life (Erza lost her family and became a slave and Saber was born the time of war and lost her father to the Britania).

-They rose to the top and became a force to be reckoned with due to their immense skill and power. (Erza rose up to become the title "Titania: Queen of Fairies" in her guild and Saber trained to become and eventually, become king of Britania)

-They lost their closest ally in their past who became evil. (Jellal and Lancelot).

-Both are skilled with their weapons.

-Both have powerful weapons that can OHKO (Ataraxia Armor, Armadura Fairy Armor, Celestial Armor, Nakagami Armor and Clear Heart Clothing vs. Excalibur).

-They both show loyalty to the ones they call friends and family.

-They both have family members that want nothing more than to kill them (Irene and Modred).

-Both women had to endure being at the bottom of life (Erza lost her family and became a slave and Saber was born the time of war and lost her father to the Britania).

-They rose to the top and became a force to be reckoned with due to their immense skill and power. (Erza rose up to become the title "Titania: Queen of Fairies" in her guild and Saber trained to become and eventually, become king of Britania)

-They lost their closest ally in their past who became evil. (Jellal and Lancelot).

-Both are skilled with their weapons.

-Both have powerful weapons that can OHKO (Ataraxia Armor, Armadura Fairy Armor, Celestial Armor, Nakagami Armor and Clear Heart Clothing vs. Excalibur).

-They both show loyalty to the ones they call friends and family.

-They both have family members that want nothing more than to kill them (Irene and Modred).
well there you go

Ash vs Lucy is very popular

This DBC was hosted by Sam, Josh and Luis. (Keep in mind despite being the writers/animators for the show they are possibly the least vs community savy of the RT crew so...keep that in mind for the rest of this post)

Q&A SEGMENT:

Q1
: "Rock Lee has never used all 8 gates so why did you give him all 8 gates"
Josh: "Because we know he mastered all 8 gates so there's no reason to assume he can't use them."

Sam's Q: "Since Sanji beat Lee's 8 gates and Lee scales from Guy, doesn't that mean Sanji beats All Might?"
Luis: "Probably but it's something we'd have to research and find out. But my assumption is yes."

Q2: "If Sanji scales to Luffy why is he considered faster than Luffy's laser beam feat?"
Josh: "The key thing is that Luffy dodged those beams in his base form, and we have reason to believe Sanji scales to at least Gear 3rd. So Basically if Sanji is up to scale with Gear 3rd we know he's faster than him in Base Form. This doesn't mean that Sanji is stronger than Luffy at his strongest but certainly stronger than Luffy in just his Base Form."

Q3: "Why did another fight start with food?"
Josh: "It's pure coincedence at this point, Ben started to notice it and wanted us to lean into it."

Chat Q: "Can you guys say why you picked Hulk vs Broly instead of Asura vs Broly/Hulk?"
Sam: "I dunno if I can speak for Ben on this but we do have this Death Battle suggestion sheet that's on every youtube link and RT page. We didn't just pick Hulk because he was more popular, we certainly wanted to use Asura a lot but compared to characters like Broly and especielly Hulk it is weird because you can finish the research on Asura in two days and Hulk would still need two months and it's weird to have someone with such a concise bit and not much to dig into and in some sense it's a lot harder to research a character that hardly has any source material. Hulk literally has thousands of books and shows that we can find feats consistently as oppose to Asura who only has the game to pull one-off feats so it's harder to back that up as much. Also idk Hulk vs. Broly is just cool. Honestly I would just have Asura vs. Might Guy, I just think that would be more interesting."
Luis: "Also just because Asura doesn't show up now doesn't mean he will never show up later after all this is Death Battle guys it's our job to find that answer for you."

Liam and Lazy are confirmed to be the researchers for Sanji vs. Rock Lee so next time Liam shows up we know who to rail on about the laser calc :raiden

When doing Bowser vs Ganon Sam was sure Bowser was gonna win because of his crazy black hole feats but after two weeks of research it became apparent to him Ganon would win because he's more broken and can just curse him and shit. Plus he has magic and that trumps Bowser's space feats (his words not mine)

Mark supposedly auditioned for Rock Lee which is......surprising to me to say the least (hundreds of actual actors audition to Sound Cadence no way someone's Rock Lee wasn't better than that)

Hulk vs. Broly according to Sam is the first episode they started working on this year. Melany and the RWBY team finished the fight in February while they were still working in the office pre-COVID.

Copy n paste from a friend of mine

Season 2 Sam along with Nick, Chad and Josh aren't really know or care about approaching any vs debate it's primarily riding on the shoulders of Ben and whoever is researching at the time. That's mainly why Season 2/3 was so particularly atrocious because Sam and Nick were a primary part of the writing/research team and they didn't know or care much about how to do character research properly. Sam always talks about how much he hates anime and how he dislikes One Piece and Fairy Tail....yet he constantly volunteers to be part of the One Piece and Fairy Tail centered episodes.

I still think that Hulk vs Super Broly is the best choice if we are going to have Asura vs Z Broly.
I see Z Broly being more suited for Asura, both for the AP and for character itself.

but compared to characters like Broly and especielly Hulk it is weird because you can finish the research on Asura in two days and Hulk would still need two months and it's weird to have someone with such a concise bit and not much to dig into and in some sense it's a lot harder to research a character that hardly has any source material. Hulk literally has thousands of books and shows that we can find feats consistently as oppose to Asura who only has the game to pull one-off feats so it's harder to back that up as much.
This is such a weird reason to not use Asura, he only has one game so they'd be done with researching him very quickly? Also their reasoning for how it's in some sense harder to research a character with little source material is just stupid tbh.

Hulk vs. Broly according to Sam is the first episode they started working on this year. Melany and the RWBY team finished the fight in February while they were still working in the office pre-COVID.
The RWBY team had a hand in animating the fight? That's neat.

When doing Bowser vs Ganon Sam was sure Bowser was gonna win because of his crazy black hole feats but after two weeks of research it became apparent to him Ganon would win because he's more broken and can just curse him and shit. Plus he has magic and that trumps Bowser's space feats (his words not mine)
The logic of having magic automatically trumping feats on a stellar scale is uh... it sure is something. Magic can trump feats like that (And given Ganons broken regeneration and magic he doesn't have to worry much about matching up to those feats with his own AP) but the way it's worded makes it sound like they just assumed that just having any magic>stellar level feats. Also the fact that the line implies Bowser doesn't have magic is funny, even with their research not being as good back then , they wouldn't of had to look hard or dive deep into obscure material to find anything like transmutation, spatial hax, hitting and destroying souls or whatever. I'd like to see Bowser be brought back at some point (Even without Ganon or Dedede who likely aren't coming back he still has several good matchups) just for them to give him the representation he deserves as opposed to dumb brute who can't read or do anything magical besides shapeshifting.

Why Asura vs Might Guy? That sounds so stupid...
Sam find it to be more interesting despite the fact neither of them share anything in common beyond appearance (Guys 8gates) And Asura murders in Just base

I still think that Hulk vs Super Broly is the best choice if we are going to have Asura vs Z Broly.
I see Z Broly being more suited for Asura, both for the AP and for character itself.
How come?
Broly from Super has only one movie, but they still use him, what the ****
They had Tracer and Widowmaker on the show despite them barely having any feats in there fights
This is such a weird reason to not use Asura, he only has one game so they'd be done with researching him very quickly? Also their reasoning for how it's in some sense harder to research a character with little source material is just stupid tbh.
it is frankly my friend try to explain there point but even he said it sound stupid coming out
“I believe his point was basically that Hulk has consistently different series where he pulled off crazy planet level style feats (or at least feats that reinforce that he's on that level) whereas Asura's only source material is the game so his planet level feats would be harder to argue as being as consistent and could just be written off as an outlier because he's only done feats like that once or twice in his game and thereby no multiple source materials for him to have those feats consistently.”
“Granted, It sounds even dumber when I say it out loud.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back