• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanzu River: In WBaWC, the protagonists travel across the Sanzu River to reach Higan. Throughout the games it’s been explicitly mentioned that the river is infinite in size. The incident resolvers in this game didn’t have time to call the ferryman, Onozuka Komachi, to come over and help them cross so they just flew across river without her, ergo infinite speed Incident Resolvers.
The thing with Komachi is that her abilities is that she can manipulate distance, to make them as short as she wants or stretch them out to be infinite. Komachi has stated to Reimu before that if she wants to cross then she’ll need to pay Komachi money. This basically means that Komachi the length of the Sanzu River is inconsistent, mainly due to Komachi haggling money out of people since it’s her job. This easily explains why the incident resolvers in WBaWC didn’t want to find Komachi, she could easily shorten the distance so they could get to hell in time, but since they were in a hurry they couldn’t and were forced to cross the river themselves. Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.
I have no idea what this is supposed to debunk. The context here is technically wrong (the lack of time wasn't the issue, it's never stated why they didn't use Komachi, though they do mention it would have been more convenient to make use of her services), but you are right that it still wraps around to "Komachi usually warps the river when paid but because she wasn't paid the river wasn't altered when they crossed it". So yeah, this part checks out, good work ig.

But then this...
Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.
This makes my head hurt. What does this mean? "They crossed the river but didn't actually" with 0 elaboration. And this is somehow the 2nd time I've seen this argument. You admit they crossed the river. You admit the river is infinite. You admit Komachi didn't mess with it. All 3 of these things are what make the feat valid. So why do you recognize those 3 things as valid, but then come to a completely unrelated conclusion? Can you imagine if someone said something like "Goku and Beerus clashed, their shockwaves shook all of universe 7, and they reacted to the shockwaves as they traveled. Obviously, this means universal/MFTL+ Dragon Ball is wrong"? Because that's more or less what this is.

So you somehow got the correct conclusion, but also concluded that because the feat is valid it is therefore invalid. And people wonder why I'm aggressive when debating Touhou.

Kaguya's infinite corridor: The corridor is made up of infinite links in spacetime, and the character Reisen sealed up a majority of these doors before the heroines could arrive. Since the incident resolvers can reach the end of the so-called Infinite Corridor then that means they have infinite travel speed.
One problem though, Reisen has mentioned on three fourths of the routes that she couldn’t close all the doors in time. And this isn’t even a speed feat. Also this isn't even a Touhou specific issue but moreso an issue with this site, but I'd argue against granting infinite speed to characters if they crossed said distance in finite time and not instantly. Really contradicts the feat
Uh

We aren't even using the Reisen feat. Why was this brought up? It's not even an issue, since Reisen DOES successfully close the doors if the protags go down stage 6A; The only reason she fails if you do stage 6B is because nobody was planning on the protagonists returning after failing the first time, so they were caught off guard. Also, how is the corridor thing not a speed feat?

And as for them not flying to the end instantly, here's a fun math problem for you. Speed is distance divided by time, right? So we take our distance (infinite) and divide it by the time the protagonists took to fly across it, and we have their speed! Now, we don't know how long they flew, so I'll let you try out all sorts of different numbers (3,17, 38, 99, just some examples), divide infinity by them, and you can tell me the results, mmkay? I think you'll find the results very (un)surprising!

Since the season ends tomorrow....
Death Battle Season 9 view count report card as of 12/20/22

1. Omni-Man vs Homelander: 8,688,312 (Comics/TV Web Series vs Comics/ TV Web Series)
2. Thor vs Vegeta: 3,817,335 (Marvel Comics vs Anime&Manga)
3. Tanjiro vs Jonathan: 2,795,526 (Anime&Manga vs Anime&Manga)
4. James Bond vs John Wick: 2,606,423 (Books/Movies vs Movies)
5. Hercules vs Sun Wukong: 2,418,844 (Mythology)
6. Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna: 2,365,930 (Marvel Comics vs DC comics)
7. Boba vs Predator: 2,363,567 (Movies vs Movies)
8. Magneto vs Tetsuo: 2,350,231 (Marvel Comics vs Anime&Manga)
9. Spongebob vs Super Friends Aquaman :2,176,001 (Cartoons vs Cartoons/DC comics)
10. Harley Quinn vs Jinx: 2,160,918 (DC Comics vs Video Games)
11. Excalibur vs Raiden: 2,113,126 (Video Games vs Video Games)
12. Black Adam vs Apocalypse: 2,102,426 (Marvel Comics vs DC comics)
13. Jason Vorhees vs Michael Myers: 1,864,613 (Movies vs Movies)
14. Sauron vs Lich King: 1,836,375 (Books/Movies vs Books/Video Games)
15. Trunks vs Silver: 1,786,437 (Video Games/Anime&Manga vs Comics/Video Games)
16. Deku vs Asta: 1,691,563 (Anime & Manga vs Anime&Manga)

looks like comics fights and anime/manga fights are kings with movie fights being a reliable draw.

I will update this list the day before Season 10 starts next year. Trunks vs Silver may get a huge boost if it gets decent trickle down views from Gogito. If not, it may end up dead last on the list.

The plot manipulation would do it. Just write Wukong out of the plot, he doesn’t have a resistance to that (unfortunately) to my knowledge
I mean it would probably depend on how you interpret plot manipulation, like based on our profile Wukong can resist Fate Manipulation and Subjective Reality which you could argue is simular enough to plot manipulation if you interpret plot manipulation in such a way.

I have no idea what this is supposed to debunk. The context here is technically wrong (the lack of time wasn't the issue, it's never stated why they didn't use Komachi, though they do mention it would have been more convenient to make use of her services), but you are right that it still wraps around to "Komachi usually warps the river when paid but because she wasn't paid the river wasn't altered when they crossed it". So yeah, this part checks out, good work ig.

But then this...
Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.
This makes my head hurt. What does this mean? "They crossed the river but didn't actually" with 0 elaboration. And this is somehow the 2nd time I've seen this argument. You admit they crossed the river. You admit the river is infinite. You admit Komachi didn't mess with it. All 3 of these things are what make the feat valid. So why do you recognize those 3 things as valid, but then come to a completely unrelated conclusion? Can you imagine if someone said something like "Goku and Beerus clashed, their shockwaves shook all of universe 7, and they reacted to the shockwaves as they traveled. Obviously, this means universal/MFTL+ Dragon Ball is wrong"? Because that's more or less what this is.

So you somehow got the correct conclusion, but also concluded that because the feat is valid it is therefore invalid. And people wonder why I'm aggressive when debating Touhou.

Uh

We aren't even using the Reisen feat. Why was this brought up? It's not even an issue, since Reisen DOES successfully close the doors if the protags go down stage 6A; The only reason she fails if you do stage 6B is because nobody was planning on the protagonists returning after failing the first time, so they were caught off guard. Also, how is the corridor thing not a speed feat?

And as for them not flying to the end instantly, here's a fun math problem for you. Speed is distance divided by time, right? So we take our distance (infinite) and divide it by the time the protagonists took to fly across it, and we have their speed! Now, we don't know how long they flew, so I'll let you try out all sorts of different numbers (3,17, 38, 99, just some examples), divide infinity by them, and you can tell me the results, mmkay? I think you'll find the results very (un)surprising!
Actually, Marisa does say why she didn’t get Komachi iirc, situation was too dire to waste time looking for her. Youmu seems to have forgotten and jumped the gun based on her dialogue, Reimu is the only one without solid reason really.

I mean it would probably depend on how you interpret plot manipulation, like based on our profile Wukong can resist Fate Manipulation and Subjective Reality which you could argue is simular enough to plot manipulation if you interpret plot manipulation in such a way.
plot Manip works differently than either of those abilities and generally works on a higher level. It’s kinda beyond controlling just fate or reality, as the narrative itself controls those very factors within a story. Controlling the narrative is one of the most ridiculous powers out there lol.

Wish I could do a poll on here lol. But predictions for ColAlex and BillCord?

I’m thinking Cole probably wins though I don’t know too much about him, and am definitely betting on Discord.
I know for a fact Discord wins, and I've heard more people say Cole wins than Alex, though I know nothing about either of those two.

1. Omni-Man vs Homelander: 8,688,312 (Comics/TV Web Series vs Comics/ TV Web Series)
9. Spongebob vs Super Friends Aquaman :2,176,001 (Cartoons vs Cartoons/DC comics)

looks like comics fights and anime/manga fights are kings with movie fights being a reliable draw.

I will update this list the day before Season 10 starts next year. Trunks vs Silver may get a huge boost if it gets decent trickle down views from Gogito. If not, it may end up dead last on the list.
Shit outside the top two damn near all of em are In The 2Mil range

Wish I could do a poll on here lol. But predictions for ColAlex and BillCord?

I’m thinking Cole probably wins though I don’t know too much about him, and am definitely betting on Discord.
Cole definitely wins, he holds the stat trinity iirc and his abilities counter a lot of Alex's. I've also heard that Alex would be notably weak to a lot of Cole's arsenal.

Shit outside the top two damn near all of em are In The 2Mil range
And the bottom 4 are all basically guaranteed to reach 2 mil in time as well.

Honestly looking back on it Omni man vs Homelander is so ******* good ong
Its a damn good episode, in terms of storytelling its definitely one of DBs best.

That actually reminds me. The audience poll in one of the fireside chats had literally 80% of the voters say they had never played OFF when discussing Sans vs Judge.

There is a very, very high likelihood we could end up in a timeline where they pass on Sans vs Judge and Spawn vs Ghost Rider and end up doing Sans vs Ghost Rider since the hosts seemed to be interested in that MU based on the DBC they had.

That actually reminds me. The audience poll in one of the fireside chats had literally 80% of the voters say they had never played OFF when discussing Sans vs Judge.

There is a very, very high likelihood we could end up in a timeline where they pass on Sans vs Judge and Spawn vs Ghost Rider and end up doing Sans vs Ghost Rider since the hosts seemed to be interested in that MU based on the DBC they had.
That'd be depressing...

Is this a good death battle MU?

06FD2E1C-0821-440B-B5BC-BBB21E646263.jpg

Man, peoples really like and want to see Homelander got stomped so hard out of spite lel

Blogs

So I just watched Gogeta vs Vegito again with my friends this time. As someone who's not a huge DB fan (i'm only just now reading classic DB) I didn't have a whole lot of hype going into it. But on the rewatch I got to see it with all my friends who are all huge Dragon Ball fans (despite their usually unified dislike of Super) and the entire episode & fight was a blast, seeing them freak out at all the references and moves they used and how hype the fight was for them overall was a blast to see and really made me appreciate the episode a lot more. It took it from an 8/10 for me to a 9/10 I'd say.

A very fun episode, not my favorite and not one I'm super attached to, but a very high quality episode that's clearly a love letter to the fans of DB.

Anyways, I assume everyone is going to be throwing their predictions / guesses for next season, so I'll throw mine out for now. Ignoring what we know is coming in Cole vs Alex and Bill vs Discord, I believe there's a high or near guaranteed chance of seeing:

Bowser vs Eggman: extremely popular legacy MU, Mario movie hype in the first quarter of the year, Sonic is making a huge comeback with the movies, Prime, and Frontiers/other games

Gojo vs Makima: extremely popular more recent MU with currently massively successful franchises, Chainsaw Man being an astounding new hit and JJK being literally Jump's #1 best performing franchise. This MU had a DBC and Makima's story is largely wrapped up as of now allowing all her abilities to be looked over, would likely do numbers in views.

Rengoku vs Mirio: massively popular modern shonen franchises. The last Demon Slayer episode performed crazy numbers and all My Hero episodes have performed pretty well iirc, this is a popular matchup, its very likely, though I have no stake / interest in it.

Master Chief vs Doom Slayer: major legacy MU, both characters have gotten more new material and Doom Slayer is basically a completely different character than he was during the initial episode. Has insane fight potential and is probably the fight from Season 1 that's in most desperate need of a modern remake. While the outcome is pretty obvious nowadays its still a popular fight and would likely pull numbers due to the relevance / popularity of both franchises.

Kira vs Adachi: Jojo MUs perform ******* insane numbers, and it feels a little early to pull JioJoker, so this is my bet on the next Jojo fight. Persona is massively popular right now and this is a pretty popular MU overall that even got discussed from the ballot (though how it was discussed on the ballot gives me the feeling that it MIGHT not be next season, so consider this to be my most "its likely but I'm probably wrong" prediction. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Jojo MU instead, I don't really like Jojo much though so I couldn't tell you which one though).

At Least One Dragon Ball MU: Self-explanatory and basically guaranteed every season. Likely using either Frieza, Cell, Gohan, or Piccolo.

Palpatine vs Xehanort: No idea how I forgot about this one, but it had a very successful DBX, is a very popular MU using two huge franchises. Considering how fast Gogeta vs Vegito got turned into a real episode I could see this getting the same treatment. I will note that Obito vs Vader is also similarly likely.

There's also gonna be at least one comics MU but I really don't care enough to guess which Marvel and DC Heralds will show up this time.

Last edited:
Sanzu River: In WBaWC, the protagonists travel across the Sanzu River to reach Higan. Throughout the games it’s been explicitly mentioned that the river is infinite in size. The incident resolvers in this game didn’t have time to call the ferryman, Onozuka Komachi, to come over and help them cross so they just flew across river without her, ergo infinite speed Incident Resolvers.
The thing with Komachi is that her abilities is that she can manipulate distance, to make them as short as she wants or stretch them out to be infinite. Komachi has stated to Reimu before that if she wants to cross then she’ll need to pay Komachi money. This basically means that Komachi the length of the Sanzu River is inconsistent, mainly due to Komachi haggling money out of people since it’s her job. This easily explains why the incident resolvers in WBaWC didn’t want to find Komachi, she could easily shorten the distance so they could get to hell in time, but since they were in a hurry they couldn’t and were forced to cross the river themselves. Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.

Kaguya's infinite corridor: The corridor is made up of infinite links in spacetime, and the character Reisen sealed up a majority of these doors before the heroines could arrive. Since the incident resolvers can reach the end of the so-called Infinite Corridor then that means they have infinite travel speed.
One problem though, Reisen has mentioned on three fourths of the routes that she couldn’t close all the doors in time. And this isn’t even a speed feat. Also this isn't even a Touhou specific issue but moreso an issue with this site, but I'd argue against granting infinite speed to characters if they crossed said distance in finite time and not instantly. Really contradicts the feat
Glad one actually makes some attempt to debunk infinite speed for Touhou Project instead of calling it BS and move on.

Shall wait for anyone to go for or against it, and point towards one alternate measurable speed feat. Highly recommended to put it in a blog.

Anyways, I assume everyone is going to be throwing their predictions / guesses for next season, so I'll throw mine out for now. Ignoring what we know is coming in Cole vs Alex and Bill vs Discord, I believe there's a high or near guaranteed chance of seeing:

Bowser vs Eggman: extremely popular legacy MU, Mario movie hype in the first quarter of the year, Sonic is making a huge comeback with the movies, Prime, and Frontiers/other games

Gojo vs Makima: extremely popular more recent MU with currently massively successful franchises, Chainsaw Man being an astounding new hit and JJK being literally Jump's #1 best performing franchise. This MU had a DBC and Makima's story is largely wrapped up as of now allowing all her abilities to be looked over, would likely do numbers in views.

Rengoku vs Mirio: massively popular modern shonen franchises. The last Demon Slayer episode performed crazy numbers and all My Hero episodes have performed pretty well iirc, this is a popular matchup, its very likely, though I have no stake / interest in it.

Master Chief vs Doom Slayer: major legacy MU, both characters have gotten more new material and Doom Slayer is basically a completely different character than he was during the initial episode. Has insane fight potential and is probably the fight from Season 1 that's in most desperate need of a modern remake. While the outcome is pretty obvious nowadays its still a popular fight and would likely pull numbers due to the relevance / popularity of both franchises.

Kira vs Adachi: Jojo MUs perform ******* insane numbers, and it feels a little early to pull JioJoker, so this is my bet on the next Jojo fight. Persona is massively popular right now and this is a pretty popular MU overall that even got discussed from the ballot (though how it was discussed on the ballot gives me the feeling that it MIGHT not be next season, so consider this to be my most "its likely but I'm probably wrong" prediction. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Jojo MU instead, I don't really like Jojo much though so I couldn't tell you which one though).

At Least One Dragon Ball MU: Self-explanatory and basically guaranteed every season. Likely using either Frieza, Cell, Gohan, or Piccolo.

There's also gonna be at least one comics MU but I really don't care enough to guess which Marvel and DC Heralds will show up this time.
Now that important Marvel vs DC matchups have been coming to depletion, Marvel vs non-DC and DC vs non-Marvel matchups should catch up and help extending the use of what Rooster Teeth know better.

Speaking of Rooster Teeth, what matchups are there for

• RWBY (we have had Yang, Weisd and Blake, and Ruby and Cinder Fall are coming)
  • Camp Camp
  • gen:Lock
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine (there is really Bendy vs Cuphead notable)

Glad one actually makes some attempt to debunk infinite speed for Touhou Project instead of calling it BS and move on.

Shall wait for anyone to go for or against it, and point towards one alternate measurable speed feat. Highly recommended to put it in a blog.

Fuji already went over it right here:

But then this...

Uh

I commend them for actually attempting an argument over saying "infinite speed bad" then leaving like they accomplished something but their argument is, no offense to them, very poor. You can read over my blog in defense of Infinite speed too, covers all the refutations I've seen.

There's actually likely more than the 4 infinite speed feats in that blog in the series, there's honestly about 6-8 of them in total, but I don't include them in that blog as they aren't as well known as the 4 I covered in that blog, as 3 of them are actually accepted on the wiki lol.

plot Manip works differently than either of those abilities and generally works on a higher level. It’s kinda beyond controlling just fate or reality, as the narrative itself controls those very factors within a story. Controlling the narrative is one of the most ridiculous powers out there lol.
I feel likes there's an augment to be had about that the differences between plot manipulation and fate manipulation on like higher levels of reality should be atleast comparable if not basically the same just presented differently, seeing as both are the manipulation on how events play out on a higher level of reality. Wukong being unbound by fate in a setting with higher dimensional stuff feels like it should potential way if someone likes spongbob tries to change how events of a story would end.

Palpatine vs Xehanort: No idea how I forgot about this one, but it had a very successful DBX, is a very popular MU using two huge franchises. Considering how fast Gogeta vs Vegito got turned into a real episode I could see this getting the same treatment. I will note that Obito vs Vader is also similarly likely.

Kratos are guarranted to be in next season, and then there is Among Us vs Fall Guy

I'll be surprised if Ichigo vs Captain America are going to make it into the next season

Kratos are guarranted to be in next season, and then there is Among Us vs Fall Guy

I'll be surprised if Ichigo vs Captain America are going to make it into the next season
I think those are all more likely to happen in Season 11, rather than Season 10. Considering all those MUs were on the ballot for next season, its unlikely any of them would appear.

Some more that I think are likely:

Kars vs Meruem, Stitch vs Rocket, Shifu vs Splinter, Jetstream Sam vs Adam Taurus.

Some more that I think are likely:

Kars vs Meruem, Stitch vs Rocket, Shifu vs Splinter, Jetstream Sam vs Adam Taurus.
I can really see Stitch vs Rocket and Shifu vs Splinter this season for sure. Stitch v Rocket fits the mandatory Marvel MU and gets a new franchise in that's highly beloved, Shifu v Splinter gets a re-run with a franchise that was a surprise success in S8 and brings TMNT back in.

Kars v Meruem could definitely pop in too honestly, especially with HxH not showing up in the Deku MU, and with how overdue that verse is for appearing. It could end up being the fabled Jojo MU of the season since I'm really not confident in Adachi v Kira being next season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back