• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can drum up enough attention for Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic, it could happen!

As is it’s just a matter of when they pull someone. Sakuya, Marisa, Reimu, Remilia/Flandre, and Cirno are probably the most likely starting picks. Though Cirno should come later. All these characters have matchups against characters from somewhat popular to very popular franchises that could help introduce them well.
Tbh i feel like sakuya has a higher chance of bein in death battle. Since she is the character that even outside the fandom a person would have heard of her. And dont forget that night of nights remix! Never gets old.

Kinda curious about Bill vs Discord. I hope they still do Among us vs Fall Guys due to memes.

Cole vs Alex is meh. I prefer Kratos vs Asura because it sounds cooler.

Tbh i feel like sakuya has a higher chance of bein in death battle. Since she is the character that even outside the fandom a person would have heard of her. And dont forget that night of nights remix! Never gets old.
Basically tho it boils to which Mu for her they see as a strong introduction

She also has some pretty good matchups like dio, hit, and ultraman zero.

even then i would still be hyped since 2hu gettin the spotlight

To be fair, there was a LOT of misinformation going around before the episode came out. The main reason I felt Trunks had a good chance was because of some abilities on his profile that were later found to be false, like probability manipulation and resistance negation.

now that we’ve had time away from the debate to look at things more closely and the profiles are being more evaluated, people are realizing it’s a bit less close than initially believed.

Yeah I can elaborate. When it comes to higher dimensional stuff there’s a few ways things can go.

higher dimensional existence is when you yourself exist on a higher level of dimensionality. Not just residing in a higher dimensional plane, not just being able to affect or destroy higher dimensional constructs, no, you yourself need to demonstrably be shown to be higher dimensional in nature.

a good example for this would be Archie Knuckles. In his Chaos Form, upon death, he “ascends” into the Chaos Force and becomes one with it. He literally ascends into a higher dimensional energy construct and becomes one with it, and would thus be higher dimensional. Meaning he wouldn’t be able to be affected by attacks and haxx by most regular means, he’d be effective untouchable to most characters.

However, you can be a character that ISNT higher dimensional themselves, but can still INTERACT with characters with higher dimensional existence or higher dimensional constructs. This is where Silver sits, as Chaos Magic can effect higher dimensional entities and can also warp/destroy higher dimensional constructs. Meaning his AP/durability would be 5D/6D, but he himself wouldn’t be a higher dimensional entity, just his power can effect things on that level.

Did that clarify for you?
I think I realize what I got wrong till now, I assumed that scaling in any way to 5D or above stuff automatically made you higher dimensional. As you say, characters existing in a higher dimensional cosmology aren't automatically higher dimensional themselves unless they have evidence of it. For that reason they can have 5D or higher AP without (and I assume durability as well?) and still not be higher dimensional, if their abilities or power can affect beings who effectively are. Am I getting on track? Sorry for somewhat parroting you, but if I can actually explain it myself then it means I am getting it.

I don't really like any of Sakuya's MUs.
Anyways, Touhou getting in would be funny for me, because the infinite speed BS isn't gonna be bought, and Sakuya is gonna die to either Homura or Hit (as she should).

There's only three opponents that'd make sense as a solid gateway for Touhou on the show. A Sailor Moon character, a Madoka Magica character, or a Dragonball character(Everyone here knows who this one is, and who they'd be facing).
I think Johnny Joestar and Jack Frost might have a solid chance with how popular Juju is right now and Jack being the mascot of an entire company

I think I realize what I got wrong till now, I assumed that scaling in any way to 5D or above stuff automatically made you higher dimensional. As you say, characters existing in a higher dimensional cosmology aren't automatically higher dimensional themselves unless they have evidence of it. For that reason they can have 5D or higher AP without (and I assume durability as well?) and still not be higher dimensional, if their abilities or power can affect beings who effectively are. Am I getting on track? Sorry for somewhat parroting you, but if I can actually explain it myself then it means I am getting it.
Having higher dimensional AP doesn't make you immune to hax from those weaker than you, unless this is like a dragon ball thing where they can overpower hax with strength

Having higher dimensional AP doesn't make you immune to hax from those weaker than you, unless this is like a dragon ball thing where they can overpower hax with strength
I get you, I think, like what Kirb was saying. Essentially, your stats are incredibly high, but you don't get to be "out of reach" of abilities that being Higher Dimensional would get you.

Yeah! You’re getting it, that’s the basis for dimensional tiering scaling and how it interacts with characters.

one thing to note is that, if a character isn’t higher dimensional in existence themselves, but they have higher dimensional AP/durability, they can still be affected by the haxx of characters even if they aren’t higher d themselves.

it definitely seems overwhelming and confusing at first but once you spend a bit of time learning it, things make sense, you’re doing good no worries.

I don't really like any of Sakuya's MUs.
Anyways, Touhou getting in would be funny for me, because the infinite speed BS isn't gonna be bought, and Sakuya is gonna die to either Homura or Hit (as she should).
To be fair I still haven’t seen anyone make a genuinely good refutation against infinite speed 2hu besides calling it BS then moving on.

I think Johnny Joestar and Jack Frost might have a solid chance with how popular Juju is right now and Jack being the mascot of an entire company
Johnny Joestar v Reimu? That MU… kinda blows super hard ngl. Reimu vs Arle Nadja or Sailor Mars is generally much better. Cirno vs Jack Frost is an excellent MU but poor introduction for both characters. It’s a shoe in once Touhou and SMT are introduced regularly tho.

To be fair I still haven’t seen anyone make a genuinely good refutation against infinite speed 2hu besides calling it BS then moving on.
Sanzu River: In WBaWC, the protagonists travel across the Sanzu River to reach Higan. Throughout the games it’s been explicitly mentioned that the river is infinite in size. The incident resolvers in this game didn’t have time to call the ferryman, Onozuka Komachi, to come over and help them cross so they just flew across river without her, ergo infinite speed Incident Resolvers.
The thing with Komachi is that her abilities is that she can manipulate distance, to make them as short as she wants or stretch them out to be infinite. Komachi has stated to Reimu before that if she wants to cross then she’ll need to pay Komachi money. This basically means that Komachi the length of the Sanzu River is inconsistent, mainly due to Komachi haggling money out of people since it’s her job. This easily explains why the incident resolvers in WBaWC didn’t want to find Komachi, she could easily shorten the distance so they could get to hell in time, but since they were in a hurry they couldn’t and were forced to cross the river themselves. Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.

Kaguya's infinite corridor: The corridor is made up of infinite links in spacetime, and the character Reisen sealed up a majority of these doors before the heroines could arrive. Since the incident resolvers can reach the end of the so-called Infinite Corridor then that means they have infinite travel speed.
One problem though, Reisen has mentioned on three fourths of the routes that she couldn’t close all the doors in time. And this isn’t even a speed feat. Also this isn't even a Touhou specific issue but moreso an issue with this site, but I'd argue against granting infinite speed to characters if they crossed said distance in finite time and not instantly. Really contradicts the feat

S11 so far

alex_mercer_vs_cole_macgrath___death_battle_by_theroseflower_dczyadd-fullview.jpg
bill_cipher_vs_discord_by_worthyboik_degw8p8-pre.jpg

Sanzu River: In WBaWC, the protagonists travel across the Sanzu River to reach Higan. Throughout the games it’s been explicitly mentioned that the river is infinite in size. The incident resolvers in this game didn’t have time to call the ferryman, Onozuka Komachi, to come over and help them cross so they just flew across river without her, ergo infinite speed Incident Resolvers.
The thing with Komachi is that her abilities is that she can manipulate distance, to make them as short as she wants or stretch them out to be infinite. Komachi has stated to Reimu before that if she wants to cross then she’ll need to pay Komachi money. This basically means that Komachi the length of the Sanzu River is inconsistent, mainly due to Komachi haggling money out of people since it’s her job. This easily explains why the incident resolvers in WBaWC didn’t want to find Komachi, she could easily shorten the distance so they could get to hell in time, but since they were in a hurry they couldn’t and were forced to cross the river themselves. Just because they crossed the river that’s mentioned to be infinite in-length, doesn’t mean they actually crossed said infinite river.

Kaguya's infinite corridor: The corridor is made up of infinite links in spacetime, and the character Reisen sealed up a majority of these doors before the heroines could arrive. Since the incident resolvers can reach the end of the so-called Infinite Corridor then that means they have infinite travel speed.
One problem though, Reisen has mentioned on three fourths of the routes that she couldn’t close all the doors in time. And this isn’t even a speed feat. Also this isn't even a Touhou specific issue but moreso an issue with this site, but I'd argue against granting infinite speed to characters if they crossed said distance in finite time and not instantly. Really contradicts the feat

Read this then come again, but the short answer is these aren’t valid refutations and don’t even cover all the infinite speed feats. 2hu has more of them than most franchises that qualify for infinite.

Read this then come again, but the short answer is these aren’t valid refutations and don’t even cover all the infinite speed feats. 2hu has more of them than most franchises that qualify for infinite.
Just saw that this was edited. Anyways sure. At work rn but I'll get back to this later.
I will say, one thing I do agree with here is that VS wiki's treatment for infinite speed is weird

The answer: He probably won’t. I can’t wait for Bill to lose his shit at Discord’s cocky and playful personality, like “How am I losing to this?!”
Have Bill Cipher petrified by Discord using Magic of Friendship while Bill roars and laments on how TH he would lose.

👁️👁️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back