• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, I assume everyone is going to be throwing their predictions / guesses for next season, so I'll throw mine out for now. Ignoring what we know is coming in Cole vs Alex and Bill vs Discord, I believe there's a high or near guaranteed chance of seeing:

Bowser vs Eggman: extremely popular legacy MU, Mario movie hype in the first quarter of the year, Sonic is making a huge comeback with the movies, Prime, and Frontiers/other games

Gojo vs Makima: extremely popular more recent MU with currently massively successful franchises, Chainsaw Man being an astounding new hit and JJK being literally Jump's #1 best performing franchise. This MU had a DBC and Makima's story is largely wrapped up as of now allowing all her abilities to be looked over, would likely do numbers in views.

Rengoku vs Mirio: massively popular modern shonen franchises. The last Demon Slayer episode performed crazy numbers and all My Hero episodes have performed pretty well iirc, this is a popular matchup, its very likely, though I have no stake / interest in it.

Master Chief vs Doom Slayer: major legacy MU, both characters have gotten more new material and Doom Slayer is basically a completely different character than he was during the initial episode. Has insane fight potential and is probably the fight from Season 1 that's in most desperate need of a modern remake. While the outcome is pretty obvious nowadays its still a popular fight and would likely pull numbers due to the relevance / popularity of both franchises.

Kira vs Adachi: Jojo MUs perform ******* insane numbers, and it feels a little early to pull JioJoker, so this is my bet on the next Jojo fight. Persona is massively popular right now and this is a pretty popular MU overall that even got discussed from the ballot (though how it was discussed on the ballot gives me the feeling that it MIGHT not be next season, so consider this to be my most "its likely but I'm probably wrong" prediction. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Jojo MU instead, I don't really like Jojo much though so I couldn't tell you which one though).

At Least One Dragon Ball MU: Self-explanatory and basically guaranteed every season. Likely using either Frieza, Cell, Gohan, or Piccolo.

Palpatine vs Xehanort: No idea how I forgot about this one, but it had a very successful DBX, is a very popular MU using two huge franchises. Considering how fast Gogeta vs Vegito got turned into a real episode I could see this getting the same treatment. I will note that Obito vs Vader is also similarly likely.

There's also gonna be at least one comics MU but I really don't care enough to guess which Marvel and DC Heralds will show up this time.
I say a fighting game MU given we didn't had one this season

I say Liu Kang vs Jago or possibly something else

Speaking of Rooster Teeth, what matchups are there for

• RWBY (we have had Yang, Weisd and Blake, and Ruby and Cinder Fall are coming)
  • Camp Camp
  • gen:Lock
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine (there is really Bendy vs Cuphead notable)
Well, you pretty much listed all the major RWBY ones aside from Neopolitan vs Himiko Toga and MAYBE Jaune vs Sokka. Apparently, BATDR gave Bendy some much needed buffs, so that should probably be taken into account for matchups. Don't know enough about the other two (but from what I heard about Gen:Lock, I kinda doubt that'll get anything...).

that makes me worry of their quality
They have already had planned the first half of Season 10 by the time the second half of Season 9 begins so they would be likely having ample time to add something. Just they now have two matchups automatically fixed when they plan for the second half of Season 10.

cxw1cx4o177a1.png
d2z537to177a1.png

that makes me worry of their quality
I see plenty of people making paragraphs on how they want their MU's to go, but DB isn't going to appeal to one person.
people shouldn't have high hopes for DB doing their favorite MU correctly always keep expectations relatively tame and see what could they do and that they have to avoid to make an episode at the very least decent

So, are there any other same verse, non battle royal MUs that could happen or you guys wanna see?
Um, none really. But if I had to make a list:

Goku vs. Vegeta
Goku (Super) vs. Goku (GT)
Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Shin Godzilla
Kratos (Greek) vs. Kratos (Norse)

and that's it. There's probably more, but I don't really want to see any of them. Battle Royals are awesome, they should be doing more of those.

Goku vs. Vegeta

and that's it. There's probably more, but I don't really want to see any of them. Battle Royals are awesome, they should be doing more of those.
Bruh Greek Kratos and Norse Kratos are the same dude

I would have voted for Ghidorah vs deathwing, but I didn’t wanna spend the money.
Also, if you discounted anime spaghetti Ghidorah, who would win? I know nothing about WoW but considering Arthas got country level and supersonic, it shouldn’t be an issue for Ghidorah

Maybe Superman vs Batman would be badass
Potentially stupid idea (as with several of my ideas, I feel): Snively from Archie Sonic vs Grimer from Fleetway Sonic. They're from the same franchise, but not the same continuity (although FWIW, Grimer was made because the STC writer thought Sega would force him to add Snively, only to later find out that wouldn't be the case due to legal reasons).

Goku vs. Vegeta

I can’t figure out how to start a private conversation, do you mind sending me a dm? I’m an old friend of yours from the SA forums.

sorry about the off topic post

I know there are statements about Norse Kratos being stronger, but his younger self was just built ******* different. Man was literally a slasher villain for the entire Greek pantheon.
With Power of Hope, mid-fight, he would unironically start out-muscling his older version in raw power, and give him the Zeus treatment for letting himself get soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back