• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe???? tho doing so soon after trunks vs silver might say otherwise. trunkssilver burnt a lot of bridges with the dragonball community.
Honestly? It's not Death Battle's fault that people got mad over Silver winning against Trunks, especially when Silver was the underdog the entire time and had a lot of odds stacked against them.
Not to mention there's a good chunk of those people who didn't even bother watching the pre fight analysis and verdict analysis so them being shocked at what happened is totally on them

Nah this fight was planned before Trunks/silver aired and fairly long before that. It has nothing to do with any reaction from the community.
hey, well i didn't suggest the finale is a pity fight or an attempt to get the dragonball audience back, im just saying that the fallout of trunks vs silver is still fresh on peoples mind and that may impact how well the finale does

Honestly? It's not Death Battle's fault that people got mad over Silver winning against Trunks, especially when Silver was the underdog the entire time and had a lot of odds stacked against them.
Not to mention there's a good chunk of those people who didn't even bother watching the pre fight analysis and verdict analysis so them being shocked at what happened is totally on them
i dont blame death battle either, though even some peeps who agrees that Silver wins, did say that DB could've explained the verdict better.

Hot take: this is the most forgettable episode of this season, maybe even one of the most forgettable. Not because the characters are bad or uninteresting but because they had better opponents, more requested MU's and because both series are still on-going with powers and abilities being tested and forseeable power spikes to happen, maybe a lot of people just not care

Stealing from Reddit:

rresrirxej2a1.jpg

Did they Family Guy pose Deku lol

So with the stats given it makes me think Shigaraki could actually whoop Asta's ass fr, with his numerous broken quirks, hyper regeration, reactive evolution and decay which he wouldn't be able to survive. And Asta wouldn't be able to shut him down since quirks ain't magic and he's not strong enough to end him in one shot, not an easy fight but I'd back Shigaraki under DB's calcs

Like, it's not the end of the world because they used a MU I don't really care for, the animation will probably be good and the rest of the season was great.
Animation its the only saving grace that this MU have to be even consider good or sufficient...

If not for the fact that we had like plenty of high quality Gogeta VS Vegito YouTube videos for years, meaning at best the fight would be nothing that people haven't see before.

Last edited:
So with the stats given it makes me think Shigaraki could actually whoop Asta's ass fr, with his numerous broken quirks, hyper regeration, reactive evolution and decay which he wouldn't be able to survive. And Asta wouldn't be able to shut him down since quirks ain't magic and he's not strong enough to end him in one shot, not an easy fight but I'd back Shigaraki under DB's calcs
What about Shigaraki vs Kabuto?

They could also easily scale Asta to the petatons range (Multi-Continental) via Salamanders feat that they even mentioned in a black box and MFTL+ with the smallest of confirmed multipliers, and no one would bat an eye especially if give Shigaraki those liberties. I think they dummed Asta down a bit and upped Deku to not make it look like a complete stomp tbh

They really didn't factor in Fa Jin or Gearshift at all for this fight, or even Deku's fighting style and intelligence. the calcs by themselves are fine though I would've emphasised an argument being made for pro-Deku with a miniscule gap like that but fine. Both country level and FTL-FTL+. But this fight felt like it was pre-final act/part 2 War Deku which does make sense since the episodes production would've started when the second halve of the War didn't start or just started.
They did in the blackbox. Despite the increase Deku would get with them, they hardly were even a factor considering the AP advantage Asta already had, not to mention the limited amount of time Deku had using it.

They gave Asta High 6-A scaling via blackbox so probably not

image.png

They gave Asta High 6-A scaling via blackbox so probably not

image.png
Didn't make the script and was relegated to a blackbox, so I think it's probably a Xeno Incalculable speed Trunks scenario. This comes of as more of a you could argue this but they didn't and I don't blame them as in the G1 predict blog it is questionable

Yeah, I went back to look few old DBX views.

There absolutely is a trend that good performing DBXs have a good chance of becoming or inspiring character choices. Next time performed the best by landslide in its season.

They did in the blackbox. Despite the increase Deku would get with them, they hardly were even a factor considering the AP advantage Asta already had, not to mention the limited amount of time Deku had using it.
Mate what are you on, they downplayed Gearshift in the episode so it might as well not have even been included and Fa Jin is a acceleration power that increases you're already base power several multitude times over it's so strong it makes a 45% on the level that of 100% now imagine Fa Jin applied to Deku's higher percentages. Yes true about that but Deku's a smart fighter with experience the predict blog explained well how he'd make use of it, not to mention Asta's Devil union form only last 5 minutes as well

Okay @Ultraguy_9000 can u give me the process on how the MU selection goes down with the team n all?
I mean eh at the beginning of the year the RT, animators and IH staff will normally suggest fights and then the IH narrow those down based on what they think will perform and be well received. Then they have to get approval from those above them. We (the RT) aren't involved in final decisions. I'm pretty sure somebody just took interest in this fight after seeing the strong performance of the DBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back