• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so empty, tired, resentful. I legitimately haven’t felt this dejectedly salty about an episode since Raven VS Twilight. I can’t believe a silly internet show is making me feel this way, I’m not as emotionally mature as I thought. Why this season, why the finale if they HAD to do it? My head hurts…
Don't do MLP like that, least that's fresh and entertaining :)

UwDp8TB.png

Gearshift does show up in the animation, right at the end haha. hard to catch because of when it showed up in the manga vs production pipeline, but Asta's final blow has a yellow glow around it and his eyes are distorted in the same way that they are during Gearshift

From Liam himself

As a kid I always wanted Vegito vs Gogeta.
It doesnt have the same impact as then but ehh I will take any db matches I can get.

Rooting for gogeta cuz he will probably get better scaling or recent feats but vegito wins if both fusee's are "equal".

Man i wish it was another goku vs superman rematch instead of this. I means the match would be intresting if they use their heros counterparts but still.

so regarding the MU selection vote, it appears how we vote will be on a third party website, not on youtube. im assuming there will be better safeguards in whatever site they host the vote in

In the wake of Next Time, I have a confession to make:

I honestly wouldn't mind a Johto Pokemon Battle Royale. When it comes to "same series" matchups, stuff like that work better in my opinion.
Feel like there's more chance of getting it animated as one of Terminalmontage's Pokemon Battle Royale than as a DB. (Wich frankly, are even better.)

Boy, do i have some thoughts on this matchup.

Firstly, in a season whose entire theme is introducing new franchises, not having that present in the finale just feels wrong. The continuities being used aren't even new, and Xenoverse got introduced earlier IN THIS HALF OF THE SEASON. In that respect, it's about the most baffling choice for a season finale for this season specifically you could possibly pick.

Additionally, we've had 4 Dragon Ball characters in this season alone. Of these, all of them were Saiyans and Vegeta is essentially getting analyzed 3 times in one season, which is ridiculous no matter who the character is. I get Dragon Ball characters are popular requests, but could we have some variety in what's selected? After this fight, we'll have gotten 6 (technically 8) Saiyans in a row. Frieza, Cell, Piccolo, ANY of the human characters, left to hang for no reason whatsoever. Somethings wrong when I would've gotten more hyped for Krillin or Yamcha over f*cking Gogeta.

On a more personal note, I've never really cared much for same-series matchups outside of battle royales. One of the biggest draws of Death Battle is the crossover aspect and doing things that are only possible with the crossover. So to not only throw that away for a season finale, but for something that already exists within official Dragon Ball material just feels redundant.

The worst part about all of this? I feel no anger, no disappointment, no ... anything, really. Just pure, unadulerated apathy. And in my books, that's a hell of a lot worse. If you're angry or dissappointed, that's because there's engagement. That's investment. This? This is the most whelmed I've been with a season finale in ... I want to say ever? The only one that comes close is Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie, and even then, that was never meant to be a finale. And I say this as someone who's been watching since early Season 2.

Like, I'm sure the episode will be at least passable on a purely technical level, and I'm sure DevilArtemis and Co. put their all into it, but purely on the matchup, you couldn't find one that'd disinterest me more if your life depended on it.

tl:dr matchup boring

Last edited:
Honestly to repeat what you said. Why this match as the finale? Like death battle is about characters from different franchises battling each other to the death. That’s what makes the show appealing, so to end the season with a same verse match up is just confusing as all hell. Like I love DB and Gogeta but I would never in a million years think “Man I would love to see the finale of a DB season to end with a Vegito vs Gogeta”

Like it’s neat if I’m being extremely generous to the episode but not as the finale.

Just make the animation good I guess idrc lol

I mean, it is worth being finale material. I guess it being THIS finale probably should’ve been expected to be off the table tho.
I mean from a casual standpoint
lets be honest and really think about it

is Kyle vs Simon finale tier? Kyle is a literal who and the MU itself is only brought up by VS nerds circles, I think how "huge" the MU is exaggerated.

I think it's season premiere worthy, but not finale
This
its not that big of a MU outside vs circles like us
Honestly to repeat what you said. Why this match as the finale? Like death battle is about characters from different franchises battling each other to the death. That’s what makes the show appealing, so to end the season with a same verse match up is just confusing as all hell. Like I love DB and Gogeta but I would never in a million years think “Man I would love to see the finale of a DB season to end with a Vegito vs Gogeta”

Like it’s neat if I’m being extremely generous to the episode but not as the finale.

Just make the animation good I guess idrc lol
idk i guess higher ups saw how well it did as a DBX and Told them do it as a finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back