• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was... welmed. They didn't even mention True Devil Union or Black Asta, the fight was meh. As for next time, WHY have a DB vs DB match, and if we ignore that why not have DBS Goku vs GT Goku

big-brain-lateralus.gif

The DB Crew and Ben Singer on their way to make the most ********-ass decisions when they notice they are on a W streak every season

I kinda dont wanna shit on next time too much but...

Maybe, tinfoil time yay, there might have been a change of plans? 3+ weeks of extra time is odd after 3 years of consistency. 1st half was much more polished, I wonder if they bit more than they can chew this season. I hate to say it, but Vegito vs Gogeta could fit as a "backup" finale idea.

Jesus what a useless match, who's stronger Character A or the character whose canonically stronger than character A. Like seriously who thought this was a good idea for a season finally.
Atleast Seth is going to be able to pay rent off this.
He kind of already, he ******* on gogeta in the ultra vegito video, but I could still see him making a video on this

I'll leave an in depth write up on the episode and the things I liked and didn't

The fight itself(by there interpretation) was remarkably really close battle. Only a 6x AP Strength gap and FTL vs FTL+. A lot of people were expecting this to be a lopsided slaughterfest on the same levels as Omni-Man vs Homelander or Spongebob vs Aquaman even, rather pleasantly surprised for that even though I had to watch my number 1 comfort character die I can take satisfaction in country level and FTL Deku.

Gawddammit Death Battle didn't do the Thor extraplot meme for MHA

I kinda dont wanna shit on next time too much but...

Maybe, tinfoil time yay, there might have been a change of plans? 3+ weeks of extra time is odd after 3 years of consistency. 1st half was much more polished, I wonder if they bit more than they can chew this season. I hate to say it, but Vegito vs Gogeta could fit as a "backup" finale idea.
Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit odd that it's taking that long. I think something must've happen for this to change.

What’s that? The episode that everyone hated when it was announced turned out to be mid? What a shocker. It’s almost like DB should listen to their audience lol.
Id rather have them feed Gon Freeccs to Deku than waste the latter’s debut on Asta who’s most interesting abilities don’t even ******* work on him. Some charaters just have only bad or worse matchups and that’s okay, but apparently the team decided to pull a Korra VS Storm 2.0. I repeat, us being resigned to Deku VS Gon did NOT mean we wanted the show to waste TWO characters on an even worse match up that ended up sucking anyway.

Blogs

I am beyond ******* LIVID, BEN SINGER, WHAT THE HELL is your ******* damage. Not only you wasted both Deku’s and Asta‘s matchups on a mediocre episode and fight, you also subverted all our expectations on a good finale! ******* “GOGETA VS VEGITO”? No Kratos VS Dante, Galactus VS Unicron, GRU VS MEGAMIND??? Things people ACTUALLY wanted? You couldn’t even be rational and pick Gogeta VS Omnimon??? Instead you give us 4 Goddamn dragon ball characters and 3 matchups within the same season. You can **** RIGHT OFF with that bullshit.

Anyways, see y’all in 3 weeks.
okay i changed my mind, watching people cope and seethe is gonna make this MU all worth it lol

Like, it's not the end of the world because they used a MU I don't really care for, the animation will probably be good and the rest of the season was great.

They really didn't factor in Fa Jin or Gearshift at all for this fight, or even Deku's fighting style and intelligence. the calcs by themselves are fine though I would've emphasised an argument being made for pro-Deku with a miniscule gap like that but fine. Both country level and FTL-FTL+. But this fight felt like it was pre-final act/part 2 War Deku which does make sense since the episodes production would've started when the second halve of the War didn't start or just started.

No matter how you look at it, next time is meh. If we use pure lore and data books, then Vegito auto-wins. If you use GT for Gogeta, Vegito auto-wins. If you use pure feats from Super, then only the guy who's made the most recent appearancesn has better feats and scaling, so Gogeta auto-wins.

And if they use Heroes then it just devolves into wack shenanigans and I still end up not caring.

okay i changed my mind, watching people cope and seethe is gonna make this MU all worth it lol

Like, it's not the end of the world because they used a MU I don't really care for, the animation will probably be good and the rest of the season was great.
I hope Singer the Slasher snubs your favorite matchup by pitting them against Capeshit Herald #9691 then you’ll know how I’m feeling with the loss of a Gogeta VS Omnimon debut

I wanna know which version are they exactly using for both characters in the season finale?

Because it might be a much closer battle if its composite for both.
Actually that would literally change nothing since the strongest Vegito and Gogeta are from heroes who both have limit breaker forms.

Season 9 bros, we got too cocky. We should’ve seen the signs at Fettdator, but we just brushed it off as a fluke. Then JohnWick came along, we made excuses for the odd matchup choice. Then Jason VS Michael happened with and we began to wake up. Now we are at Asta VS Deku, we should’ve known better but we coped thinking the finale would save this Season’s “flawless“ record, only for any remaining hopes to be dashed in a ki blast.

Like...okaaay it's fine but like why the finale episode? a lot of viewers that aren't tuned into DBZ ain't going to give 2 ***** about this episode and they'll have to wait till April lmao

Can we pretend ICY-U was the season finale instead of that monstrosity? Seriously, Gogeta vs Vegito is up there with Korra VS Storm with episodes I hate based on how much I dislike the matchup alone, that’s an instant 3 score penalty out of 10 in my book.
The season ended when they ****** up Jason vs Michael. I'm just waiting for the S10 trailer

Gogeta vs Vegito will give them more views than Kyle vs Simon and Galactus vs Unicron combined
maybe???? tho doing so soon after trunks vs silver might say otherwise. trunkssilver burnt a lot of bridges with the dragonball community. Jason vs Michael did not do so hot either, tho that could be blamed on youtube's age restriction strike. who knows how deku vs asta does

maybe???? tho doing so soon after trunks vs silver might say otherwise. trunkssilver burnt a lot of bridges with the dragonball community. Jason vs Michael did not do so hot either, tho that could be blamed on youtube's age restriction strike. who knows how deku vs asta does
Nah this fight was planned before Trunks/silver aired and fairly long before that. It has nothing to do with any reaction from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back