• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for the more popular ones yes but Cable ain't that popular of am X-Men character and it'll be awhile before then
Yeah Cable peaked in the 90s similar to Rogue while Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Iceman, Professor X etc remained consistently popular and iconic. It's a shame Cyclops has been receiving the short end of the stick for years now (they either kill him off, turn him into a villain, use him as jobber or all three) and I don't think Marvel knows what to do with Gambit anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah he is
Noooooooooooope
explain cause i find the whole Real fan or not shit discussion to be stupid
Him hating characters like Silver and Charmy while having Sally be his waifu. Attitudes like that make him a non fan/SATam fan instead of a fan of the actual Sonic writen by Sonic Team and not the American version they made up.
Ben has actually 100% Sonic Mania, finished Generations, Unleashed, and Black Knight, and owns the Blu-Rays of both Sonic movies.
Literally means nothing. You could have played literally every game and still be a non fan since you didn't understand anything. Plus Mania and Gens are literally the games that non fans love and use to say they are fans when they aren't.
You sound like those redditors who say understanding Rick and Morty requires having big IQ
Non fans seething right now.
Bruh. Did you forget the QnA for Wally vs Sonic where Ben pulled out his collection of Archie sonic comics and was able to cite things even faster then Liam, the actual researcher for the episode?
Archiefans are literally the biggest non fans. Archie barely followed actual Sonic lore and spread misinformation about the series and the characters. 90% of Archiefans are non fans who are seething now that Sega is abandoning them
Lmao bruh
It's the truth and all this seething only proved it.

The main difference between a fan and a non fan is that the latter rots in their mediocricty. They don't want to improve nor let go of their false view. Meanwhile a fan continously tries to improve and find more information about the series due to their sheer passion of the series. They usually know lore a non fan wouldn't dream of

Honestly i don't see any reason to use the canon version of trunks if ur going with his Heroes Incarnation who can do far more than his canon counterpart

Eh, this reasoning I feel is a bit weird given they did overdone matchups like Ryu vs Jin and Madara vs Aizen, as well as MUs like Mario vs Sonic and Goku VS Superman, that reasoning could have applied to them as well. Also, they could've done some unique stuff to make it stand out cause afaik, I don't think any of the animations used Sword of Hope or Rage. And as for Silver not having enough material, yeah I kinda disagree there since he has a appeared in some games and they could use spin-offs as supplementary material or even IDW since that's closer to the games than Archie is and they did it for Shadow. Even in games like Generations and Forces he still played kind of a role even if he was largely just there. Also, they've used characters with less material before lol. And they're literally using Sauron who has limited screen time iirc. So yeah I find this reasoning a bit weird. I'm not mad by this, just find it weird.

And yeah I hope this means Gohan vs Superboy doesn't happen.
tru but i guess they want it to have some oomph then just the usual shit

Noooooooooooope

Him hating characters like Silver and Charmy while having Sally be his waifu. Attitudes like that make him a non fan/SATam fan instead of a fan of the actual Sonic writen by Sonic Team and not the American version they made up.

Literally means nothing. You could have played literally every game and still be a non fan since you didn't understand anything. Plus Mania and Gens are literally the games that non fans love and use to say they are fans when they aren't.

Non fans seething right now.

Archiefans are literally the biggest non fans. Archie barely followed actual Sonic lore and spread misinformation about the series and the characters. 90% of Archiefans are non fans who are seething now that Sega is abandoning them

It's the truth and all this seething only proved it.

The main difference between a fan and a non fan is that the latter rots in their mediocricty. They don't want to improve nor let go of their false view. Meanwhile a fan continously tries to improve and find more information about the series due to their sheer passion of the series. They usually know lore a non fan wouldn't dream of
Oh you’re trolling, got it.

i mean silver isn't exactly a beloved character in the fanbase due to 06 shit and Charmy is whatever need a better example than that tbh

Did you know that alot of people in Sonic fandom hate Silver and fap on Sally? That's not really Ben exclusive thing, by your logic alot of Sonic fandom is filled with "FAKE FANS"

Oh you’re trolling, got it.
This is why you will stay a non fan.
S3&K is one of my favorite games of all time, ah yes, I'm definetly not a fan of Sonic or at least not a "TRUE FAN" like you say
Ok and? S3&K is the favorite of classic boomers who are often than not non fans too, so yeah.
i mean silver isn't exactly a beloved character in the fanbase due to 06 shit and Charmy is whatever need a better example than that tbh
True but it's that plus thinking Shadow is just a edgelord and his opinions on SATam that make him a non fan.
Did you know that alot of people in Sonic fandom hate Silver and fap on Sally? That's not really Ben exclusive thing, by your logic alot of Sonic fandom is filled with "FAKE FANS"
Yes, the fandom is filled with non fans that hold Sonic down. Thankfully both Iizuka and Kishimoto are making Frontiers for the actual fans as they said in interviews

So to be a "TRUE SONIC FAN" you don't have to like the games but understand a shit ton of lore and call out other people who like Sonic for not being "TRUE FANS" just because they don't know who is Bean the dynamite's father? Got it!

So to be a "TRUE SONIC FAN" you don't have to like the games but understand a shit ton of lore and call out other people who like Sonic for not being "TRUE FANS" just because they don't know who is Bean the dynamite's father? Got it!
Unironically yes. Being a real fan isn't about consuming media but actually understanding it. Obvious if you are a fan you will actually like it too which will fuel your passion to know more.

Being a fan is about understanding the characters and the lore in the way Sonic Team intended. To understand what makes Sonic Sonic and not another mascot.

Unironically yes. Being a real fan isn't about consuming media but actually understanding it. Obvious if you are a fan you will actually like it too which will fuel your passion to know more.

Being a fan is about understanding the characters and the lore in the way Sonic Team intended. To understand what makes Sonic Sonic and not another mascot.
You're gatekeeping lmao

You're gatekeeping lmao
Yes and? There's nothing wrong with gatekeeping
Tbh I don't mind a little gatekeepering (prevents the normies from censoring or trying to water down content) plus helps keeps the toxicity within a fandom low but this is way too far, I get your frustrations @Theuser789 but gaslighting people into not being "Sonic fans" via your own standards is poor practice and it only makes you come off as unnecessarily confrontational and aggressive, keep in mind we all have different opinions, PoVs, interpretations when it comes to a popular franchise and that's ok. Drop the hostility alright?

@Loh67867 Let's the change the subject, since this back and forth isn't healthy for either of you.

So out of curiosity, is the keysword the only thing letting him win? Also on that topic, what are Silver's wincons? I know he cant just "time huh?" because Trunks being acausal
I honestly don't know how will Silver win at this point, Silver is more powerful than Trunks but he has the same speed as Trunks and Trunks can just make Silver not hit him and then via dura neg just kill him, I don't see any wincons for Silver

Tbh I don't mind a little gatekeepering (prevents the normies from censoring or trying to water down content) plus helps keeps the toxicity within a fandom low but this is way too far, I get your frustrations @Theuser789 but gaslighting people into not being "Sonic fans" via your own standards is poor practice and it only makes you come off as unnecessarily confrontational and aggressive, keep in mind we all have different opinions, PoVs, interpretations when it comes to a popular franchise and that's ok. Drop the hostility alright?
There's nothing wrong with being a non fan tho. The only ones who seethe at non fans existing are non fans themselves. It's fine if you are just a casual fan that doesn't know about the series, just admit that instead of living in denial. I only dislike non fans when they butt in the series and want to change it to their needs and we get games like Lost World because of it.

Thankfully both Iizuka and Kishimoto realized they shouldn't listen to them and instead focus on what makes Sonic great. Hopefully Frontiers carries their spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back