• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, those suck more lmao, plus Trunks' normal version will not appear on the show (And if he does, probably not against Youmu) and Vergil has WAAAAAAAAY better MUs like Sesshomaru
Disagree, i feel Youmu vs Vergil is a amazing MU too, a great alternative beside him against Sesshomaru
Agree on Trunks and not only that, Trunks will lose hard too against Youmu

Honestly, the other Youmu MU that actually good are her against either Baiken, Narmaya, or the newborn fave Kamen Rider Blades
I'm not taking Youmu vs Danny Phantom yet because i still need to know more about this
All this talking over a Touhou character that's practically not high as far as requested Touhou reps ar concern
But it's entertaining at least lel, i have so much fun with this even if some of the MU need to be judged for

The thing is, like you said it's not the fairest Junko MU and i'm sure this is not the best Granolah MU which made it feels flat as heck despite the good connection
I've been looking for alternative matchups for Granolah and Junko is literally his best one. I have seen people wanting Granolah to fight a Blue vs Red character (Locus https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Locus_(Red_vs_Blue) the fodder and "base Goku without an arm and amputated legs victim") and that fodder fire guy from Hitman reborn (Enma Kozato, who quite literally loses to Granolah at his weakest before he got that wish even when Enma is in his strongest form lol https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Enma_Kozato)

universal vs low multiversal isn't as bad as universal vs ******* building level or planet level

Maybe you can find a fairer matchup for Granolah, who knows?

I've been looking for alternative matchups for Granolah and Junko is literally his best one. I have seen people wanting Granolah to fight a Blue vs Red character (Locus https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Locus_(Red_vs_Blue) the fodder and "base Goku without an arm and amputated legs victim") and that fodder fire guy from Hitman reborn (Enma Kozato, who quite literally loses to Granolah at his weakest before he got that wish even when Enma is in his strongest form lol https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Enma_Kozato)

universal vs low multiversal isn't as bad as universal vs ******* building level or planet level

I don't particullary care about DB so i'm not going to bother on finding an MU for Granolah and let's be real, he's suck as heck as character
And i'm still stand that Junko vs Granolah isn't the best so case closed lel

ya not gonna find Much granolah given his arc hasn't been animated which frankly limits him in MU

Well, fair enough. I still won't say that Junko vs Morgan is good.

Anyway, I have been thinking of making a thumbnail for Junko vs Kratos (THE BEST Junko MU) since it's a funny matchup, and a thumbnail for Megumin vs Denki Kaminari because both are one-hit wonders that become useless after one attack. I also started ranking and powerscaling every series I know and putting it on a single document. I will probably show the results here, I will say that I won't agree with how this wiki scales most characters, I think (With all due respect) that y'all are wankers.

Should probably ask here just to make sure, but DOES Clementine scale to the Governor? I saw somebody questioning that, and I feel it would be the deciding factor here.

Let's all agree on sacrificing Youmu to Vergil and Trunks. They're cosmic beings too with swords, white hair, and pronouns.
Feeding Vergil or Trunks to her is mixed to me. I really love Youmu vs Vergil because the fight potential is just absolutely insane, but it’s very light on connections, but if she was ever getting on DB I’d take her vs Vergil.

Should probably ask here just to make sure, but DOES Clementine scale to the Governor? I saw somebody questioning that, and I feel it would be the deciding factor here.
They explain why in the blog, it’s both a scaling chain and a “humans in TWD are all comparable” so there seems to be solid enough reasoning ig.

All this talking over a Touhou character that's practically not high as far as requested Touhou reps ar concern
Eh, Junko is one of the most popular modern characters in the series, but yeah she’s not standing at the absolute apex of requests nowadays.

I'll be honest, I don't give a shit about fairness, straight up doesn't matter, as long as the MU has good animation potential, then it's good, Magneto vs Tetsuo is one hell of a stomp but it still ended up being my favorite out of the whole season
Can we even say it was a stomp when both characters were placed in the vaguely uni cosmic range. Like yeah Magneto wins but it’s not an astronomical stomp or anything and not even close to the biggest stomp in that season.

Anyways if people want my opinion on how many Touhou matchups we could or should get:

I mean, it’s a massive franchise with over a hundred named characters and decades of content, there’s plenty of characters with a good amount of material to pull matchups from, and with Touhou’s relative obscurity in the Vs community in the west, the only characters we’re really going to see get requested are the main characters. I think Touhou could be used as much as they want by pairing it against larger franchises because there’s such a large volume of content to pull from. It deserves the reps for sure.

it’ll really just depend on how well the episodes perform on if Touhou will end up getting a lot of MUs/eps I feel. It’s not like the verse is low on MUs or anything.

Kasen vs Fleetway
Marisa vs Yuffie
Sakuya vs Hit/Whoever
Reimu vs Sailor Mars/Arle/Whoever
Cirno vs Jack
Remilia vs Rachel
Flandre vs Marx
Yukari vs Altair

I generally think these are probably the most important MUs for the verse to pull. It covers a lot of different characters from other franchises & touches on a lot of different avenues of Touhou scaling. There’s plenty of other decent or viable MUs like Ran vs Archie Tails or whatever too.

Anyways if people want my opinion on how many Touhou matchups we could or should get:

I mean, it’s a massive franchise with over a hundred named characters and decades of content, there’s plenty of characters with a good amount of material to pull matchups from, and with Touhou’s relative obscurity in the Vs community in the west, the only characters we’re really going to see get requested are the main characters. I think Touhou could be used as much as they want by pairing it against larger franchises because there’s such a large volume of content to pull from. It deserves the reps for sure.

it’ll really just depend on how well the episodes perform on if Touhou will end up getting a lot of MUs/eps I feel. It’s not like the verse is low on MUs or anything.

Kasen vs Fleetway
Marisa vs Yuffie
Sakuya vs Hit/Whoever
Cirno vs Jack
Remilia vs Rachel
Flandre vs Marx
Yukari vs Altair

I generally think these are probably the most important MUs for the verse to pull. It covers a lot of different characters from other franchises & touches on a lot of different avenues of Touhou scaling. There’s plenty of other decent or viable MUs like Ran vs Archie Tails or whatever too.
seems fair i'll try to see which ones have strong chances
Kasen vs Fleetway
I feel this one has a strong shot these days

sure i may be wrong but ya blog on it prob helped get more on board with it and getting some traction

Fleetway maybe not that well known but the crew is aware fo him and its still sonic at the end of the day

Kasen does have Competiton from Z-Broly and Onslaught due to brand recognition and the former popularity but we don't need another round of DB vs Sonic on the show and Onslaught is a who to most unless ur a 90s baby
it does hurt that Kasen isn't that familar to most in the west but i could see her having a shot

Marisa vs Yuffie
idk much on both alts so i guess its possible but i don't think Yuffie is someone they have any real hard interest from FF7 to get on in comparison to someone like Vincent or non FF7 reps

Sakuya vs Hit/Whoever

Sakuya is one of the more well known Touhou characters that constantly gets thrown in vs animations and one that pretty easy to toss as the first rep in the series issue is her Best MU's suffers in having better or being obscure

Hit is a popular DB super era character and Ultraguy did confirmed he does see Hit's name thrown around meaning he not lacking in requests popularity
and folks in the DB Server seemed to be fine with the MU even if its lacking in Connections.
Reimu is another big name touhou star and i would say someone like Yusuke would been a lock if folks didn't fell off from it and viewed as a massive stomp(which it is)
Mars and Arle would be fine pick tho the latter is lacking in big ass clout(could be wrong)

theres madoka but she has Moon
Cirno vs Jack
Remilia vs Rachel
Cirno vs Jack is there anhd have MEME popularity tho idk how well that would help and feels like if you want to do this MU you need bring in the big names first to help make things easy

Remillai vs Rachel feels like that should've been done if the team didn't have an adverse reaction to Blazeblue and the game relevance these days being damn near dead
Flandre vs Marx
Yukari vs Altair
idk if Marx has better but this one should be fine to do and Flandre is also another Touhou big name

Yukari is another Touhou bug name thou idk if Altair is that relevant outside vs clout

Can we even say it was a stomp when both characters were placed in the vaguely uni cosmic range. Like yeah Magneto wins but it’s not an astronomical stomp or anything and not even close to the biggest stomp in that season.
They literally said in the episode that Tetsuo was not uni and that explosion was just a nuclear one, it was a city level character fighting a universal one (I actually don't remember what stats did they give to Magneto but if it was lower, then they just downplayed him so that it would seem fairer, they've done the same shit in RF vs GB and Shadow vs Ryuko), it was a stomp, lol

They literally said in the episode that Tetsuo was not uni and that explosion was just a nuclear one, it was a city level character fighting a universal one (I actually don't remember what stats did they give to Magneto but if it was lower, then they just downplayed him so that it would seem fairer, they've done the same shit in RF vs GB and Shadow vs Ryuko), it was a stomp, lol
Tetsuo was Planet vs Mags Star
They mentioned both Uni shit but more of a counter argument

Mobile games sure love to amp up characters.
Wasn't even the mobile game that did it, it was novels
Cue Dance with the Devil and Burial Knocked Down Exhaustedless Lucifer

I wonder if bill has any wincons or he has 0% chance of winning
He is a Hyperversal God, he solos
Please tell me you're being ironic
I am, I've literally never wanted a character to lose as badly since Omnilander
Well Bill (Cipher I assume you are referring to) does deserve some Death and torture.

And Bill is quite an incompetent villain all in all.
Meanwhile Discord is "proportionately" less prone to stupid flops (he is beaten by Tirek but this is Tirek), and has a better character development as a villain - before, throughout and after the conversion.

Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic
Marisa Kirisame vs Yuffie Kisaragi
Sakuya Izayoi vs Hit/Whoever
Reimu Hakurei vs Sailor Mars/Arle/Whoever
Cirno vs Jack Frost (SMT)
Remilia Scarlet vs Rachel Alucard
Flandre Scarlet vs Marx
Yukari Yakumo vs Altair (Re: Creators)

Ran Yakumo vs Archie Tails or whoever
Those of THE MOST wanted matchups are basically there.

(I am still waiting for filing Gohan vs Pegasus Kouga and one more matchup for that monthly submission.
Just some peace message: I am not spending out from what I set myself to save.)

By their logic Doctor (Arknights) and co may actually scale from the estimated fireball yield from the Chernobog Incident, which is a reference from the Chernobyl Incident. And since Doctor is basically "not a fighter", their friends scale above them.

Last edited:

Kasen vs Fleetway
Marisa vs Yuffie
Sakuya vs Hit/Whoever
Cirno vs Jack
Remilia vs Rachel
Flandre vs Marx
Yukari vs Altair

Yeah, outside from the many of MU ideas that Touhou had, those you listed are the important MU even almost of it aren't my like (Sonic vs Kasen are neutral but like it, Yukari vs Altair is a must)

Made me wish that Vergil/Blades vs Youmu, Yuyuko vs Ghost, and Shiki Eiki vs Demon King Nobunaga can get a recognition and rise as the important MU but the chance aren't that high right now

They had planet level stuff for tets lol. And they did treat it as uni and had an entire breakdown about it, (at the worst they might’ve expressed some doubts over it), they just pointed out that the explosion is visually similar to nuclear ones due to the symbolism. Mags just won because he’d be able to shut down the Big Bang via haxx and he’s otherwise stronger and faster than tets via herald scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back