• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, wouldnt it be awkward if someone tried to leak sth that has managed to stay relatively hidden information? Esp. since people have been respectful for DB and not trying to make it into public info.

It'd be a real dick move to tell that.

Leak or not:

I do not need a leak to confirm Ant-Man vs Atom.

Like, we do not need leaks to confirm Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna or Thor vs Vegeta or Boba Fett vs Predator or Black Adam vs Apocalypse.

hy0ys0zjo4p71.png

Peak MU, ngl Wiz.

Dragon ball and jojo its a given, didnt expect wick match tho, omnilander blew expectations
Well, The Boys drama and Invincible animation were being promoted back when Omni-Man vs Homelander was set to air.

This only shows how a well-timed episode airing boost views.

Yes. Homelander and Omni-Man can still return to fight against other combatants.

hy0ys0zjo4p71.png

Peak MU, ngl Wiz.

(You-know-who: Bring back Sora just to be slain by Shulk and I do not care Shulk proceeds to slay Lightning then)

I know you two do it to run for the joke, but either way

In short, shit af, mostly on the research for Akuma, at this point im just sick of SF wankers or fans in general with their mentality, bunch of desperate individuals who cant comprehend their verse aint shit overall when it comes to vs debating

Most already know my stance either way on that, along Ryu vs Jin, im not ever gonna change it no matter who it is, i know better, i have been involved more then most at it, so yeah

Well, The Boys drama and Invincible animation were being promoted back when Omni-Man vs Homelander was set to air.

This only shows how a well-timed episode airing boost views.
Which should be another thing Death Battle has to take notice, to promote matches when a series has hype or relevance

Even if they do cape shit one, make it at least worth if you need views like that one

I kinda like Akuma vs Kahn, its fine/ok as a fight.

Severe missed opportunities but say AM vs Namor was more boring than that AkuKahn.
Honestly Akuma had a better match option, Raoh, but then again MK had more relevance then while it lasted, now its left in dark atm

Shao Kahn also as one suggestion i had for him was vs Nightmare, connections and all too, could have used a runback its been long for Soul Calibur

I like Akuma vs Shao Kahn. To be fair, it was one of my most wanted fights back then. Choreography, combos and music are top tier, but the rest...episode is clearly unfinished: stiff animation, many errors etc. Shao Kahn voice is too soft and battle place is boring. Without this flaws it would be solid 9/10.

Whenever Akuma vs Shao Kahn is brought up all I can think about is how our site doesn't use realm merging as an AP feat and sticks MK top tiers like Shao Kahn at Large Building level lmao.

Iirc OG timeliness Shao Kahn is set to be rated even lower (Whenever profiles for the pre MK9 versions of these characters are made) since nothing above tier 9 seemed to have been accepted for those guys. I think Onaga is the only dude that gets above that but even then iirc it was agreed he only gets town level durability with the kamidogu and nothing else. Kinda wild to think about how low VSBW puts the series.

Whenever Akuma vs Shao Kahn is brought up all I can think about is how our site doesn't use realm merging as an AP feat and sticks MK top tiers like Shao Kahn at Large Building level lmao.

Iirc OG timeliness Shao Kahn is set to be rated even lower (Whenever profiles for the pre MK9 versions of these characters are made) since nothing above tier 9 seemed to have been accepted for those guys. I think Onaga is the only dude that gets above that but even then iirc it was agreed he only gets town level durability with the kamidogu and nothing else. Kinda wild to think about how low VSBW puts the series.
Mk feels like it needs a revision but who here still care about it to do so?

Apparently it's gonna get one at some point, I think Saman said a revision for the series is gonna pick up at some point with feats being collected by atm I don't think anyone else can be bothered to do anything about it. Which is a shame because as it currently stands literally nothing from any of the games before MK9 is being used since the old and new timelines got separated so there's just a ton of shit that is missing.

I say the biggest issues with the AkumaKahn is that it was a Legacy Mu that was done way too late in the game

it should've been done back in s5 or s6 when folks still cared about the rivalry where by the time it happened its like meh in the community.

for the fight it feels Rushed like it wasn't given the proper time to make it really good when u look at the storyboards for it

episode is clearly unfinished
which sums it up

all it shows DB needs to find ways or get new animators to help out on the fights to have them feel more complete within the time restraints.

Last edited:
Honestly AkumaKahn had really good choreography but the stiff movements ended up making it look way worse and janky, the setting itself was bland as hell they just fought in some desert (Which I know is kinda what the arenas for Outworld look like in the games but the games had way more interesting stuff going on like monsters in the background, the masses of outworld cheering on the fight, the episode just had sand and some stone pillars which only made the janky movement of Shao and Akuma stand out even more, and ofc there's the death which is so immensely disappointing considering this is Shao Kahn, they should've done a lot more then what they decided to go with.

SEASON 10 FINALE LEAKED

Holy shit lmao

SEASON 10 FINALE LEAKED

I hate and love to see how they actually have been drawn with close connections.

What is next? Seth vs Kirbopher?
Or "Aigis vs Noel Vermilion" VS "Sora vs Shulk"?

Honestly AkumaKahn had really good choreography but the stiff movements ended up making it look way worse and janky, the setting itself was bland as hell they just fought in some desert (Which I know is kinda what the arenas for Outworld look like in the games but the games had way more interesting stuff going on like monsters in the background, the masses of outworld cheering on the fight, the episode just had sand and some stone pillars which only made the janky movement of Shao and Akuma stand out even more, and ofc there's the death which is so immensely disappointing considering this is Shao Kahn, they should've done a lot more then what they decided to go with.
We have BatGwen, we have Blakasa, and we have AkumaKahn.

So s10 is gonna start latter than usual huh?

if it means the fights would be given enough time to cook so be it
Heard so.

Wish they do not eff us up.

Shit i say DB ****** up on not being able to get Torrian on AkumaKahn and wasted him on Blakasa
Well, Blakasa has its own fault irrelevant to Torrian, and just like AkumaKahn, it is a matchup good on paper flopping on execution.

On AkuKahn beyond jankiness of movement:

• Have the background be evening setting red sun, again a bright blue sky at day feels off here and red theme is more fitting for both
  • Have the fight take place on an arena
  • Have them make another set of Baraka's die to Akuma's Raging Demon & Kahn as a fun reference to prev. Kahn ep
  • Have Kahn have the voice filter on all lines, it fits better
  • Just before Akuma goes blanco, have Kahn laugh at him, showing his arrogance causing a mistake
  • When Akuma goes Oni, have him destroy the arena, making it ruined desert like it is currently, allowing to Oni have actual impact on the battle
  • Same transformation makes skies black immediately too, rather than randomly at spamming Ki blasts
  • Remember Apocalypse stomping Adam's head? A serious single hammer swing at Akuma's head could easily be a good kill, at least they could have Akuma's head get cut off and show a severed body
These changes feel like they could have been possible without massive increase of budget needed.

EDIT: Oh and that uno-reverse scene near end is bit confusing, maybe change scene order so its easier to see Kahn just ripped Akuma's arm naturally and flying hammer hits immediately.

Last edited:
Even if someone revises it, you cant expect any good ratings to come out of it

All of that is thanks to a staff that more or less screwed the verse to be shitty as it is now, with its revisions back then to limit/restrict what you use, aka no comics, no what ifs, no statements, no fatalities/brutalities, using word of god when it fits them and ignoring when its death of the author, as well as split the two eras as if they are anything similar to post crisis, pre crisis, new 52 kind of deal, when its literally past and future shenanigans to prevent bad route ending

Im not big MK lore guy but technically isnt MK actually a mess? Or at least modern games barely show any notable feats and have most people job, being way below lore feats of older games?

Tho it still seems odd cause MK seems like a rare verse here that is punished for inconsistencies, when a lot of verses are likely guilty of it too.

Tbf since MKX they run into pis with some characters, cuz otherwise you cant progress the story, but really, the verse at this point is one that its better looking at lore then visual feats, cuz some of them are just to flex how good they look rather then give you stats worth looking at

Also it is treated as such cuz most that used to run it years back during downgrades are individuals still living in early to mid era of debating mindset, pointed above what that means with MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back