• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
79838213_2930403613637895_529514942986977280_n.jpg

In response to your Apocalypse fighting the Phoenix, I raise you Black Adam defeating DC Santa Claus.

This is a speed feat because of Darkseid.
To be fair, DC Santa Claus is super inconsistent even by DC standards.
Why? how?
Griffith, like the rest of God Hand, does not physically exist in a conventional sense, merely being abstract thought now, though he can make avatars.

Fighting Griffith is compared in Berserk itself to a fictional character fighting the author of their own story. Even Heaven Ascension DIO and Novel Dio probably couldn't win.

Eh, aside from being a huge-ass stomp debate wise I could see it being pretty good.

Novel Dio vs Griffith espesially vibes hard.
I don't see it
The entire fight will be nothing but Dio not landing a single hit on Griffith
Guts who sword can harm folks on the astral plane couldn't do shit to Griffith

Nothing Dio can do other than Mald over not being able to harm him
Not really interesting for an animation

So is Kiryu vs Olimar should I say?
Also for a lot of matchups that are massive stomps so ugly?
Stomps varies but if the MU involves a character who literally ever since enter God Hood and the character having no ways of bypassing said abilities whatsoever

It's only works from pure stomp like Omnilander but difference is Griffith is just as bad if not worse than Dio and most would exactly Cheer for him like they do with Nolan

That preview, holy shit, it looks incredible. Visuals are great, I love the comic panels at the start, and of course the music bangs. Apocalypse though… yeah, I think they applied the voice changer a little TOO thick, I had to rewatch and listen carefully to figure out what he was saying. If they can just make Apocalypse easier to understand, that would be perfect.

seems even the most critical people are praising the sneak peek-though not the music lol
I've noticed most Death Battle fans seem to have a predisposed dislike of rap cause often the sentiment is "why did they use rap here". Not sure if that's part of it or its just finding the lyrics corny (which is entirely fair lol). But I think the instrumentals are pretty good all things considered.

I've noticed most Death Battle fans seem to have a predisposed dislike of rap cause often the sentiment is "why did they use rap here". Not sure if that's part of it or its just finding the lyrics corny (which is entirely fair lol). But I think the instrumentals are pretty good all things considered.
I know Nem has expressed a dislike for it, (gee, I wonder if there's any correlation), but really? Rap is like some of the best tracks on the show.

Skimming through the thread....
DBX is the best place for Pokemon fights really. Ash vs Yugi is the only Pokemon fight I see happening in the near future.
Sonic being planet level? You think that's bad. There's people that is questioning why Trunks vs Silver is happening when it's already established that SS2 Vegeta beats Shadow? So yeah, people think Sonic characters aren't Cell Saga level
Cole vs Alex is dead. Just forget about it
We should expect two more 3D fights this season
Cole vs Alex I wanna say isn't dead yet but at this point idek

Lyrics are great. Raps are great too. Even pure instrumental style musics are great.

More importantly, they fit into the fight itself.

That "Fight like a Devil" still vibes me and it is a masterpiece with really fitting raps.

Kirin form Gunvolt vs the new FE Protagonist could work depending on how the story goes.
Which FE protagonist may I ask?

I understand that Byleth Eisner (male and female) are more or less reserved for fighting against Rean Schwarzer.

... That said, will male or female Byleth be used in a Death Battle?

I know Nem has expressed a dislike for it, (gee, I wonder if there's any correlation), but really? Rap is like some of the best tracks on the show.
I always thought Nem disliked rap cause he's more of metalhead
n0l93mg88rn91.png

...Why does this actually fit really well...

The Orphan of Kos vs SCP-096
Thanks alot, Weekly. You ******* killed us all

I really wonder what kind of crack the animation team was doing in order to have a background that good, it's so much better than everything else they've done. Hell, even by 3D fight standards it's incredible.

Nem could say Shadow vs Mewtwo wasn’t that bad and you’d have mfers crawling out of the woodwork going “I don’t agree with Nem most of the time, but he is sort of right.”
Exactly folks be treated his words as if it's the gospel when it's just his opinion something he stated multiple times

He ain't saying anything different then most folks I've seen here or anywhere

Lyrics are great. Raps are great too. Even pure instrumental style musics are great.

More importantly, they fit into the fight itself.

That "Fight like a Devil" still vibes me and it is a masterpiece with really fitting raps.
To be fair that one fits that fight cuz both their series have done rap music to their games before, tekken had a stage specifically with snoop dog on it and singing too, so its not uncommon for both, others like thanos vs darkseid might be a miss, i had a friend who didnt like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back