• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried one of my own MUs on the 'who wins?' chart:

chaos_vs_Makoto_Yuki_who_wins.png

____frisk___undertale_____by_gaminggoru_ddzb4cy-fullview.jpg
1657852_papercant_john-egbert.png

and
102915d297d72d2080592085261dfd9f.jpg
red___creepypasta___by_shinysmeargle_dej4ic3-fullview.jpg

also kinda
X4OGT8FBjvLJxgydPryQCISi.png
ce2062d8f082de568e62c53625e32609a76578ec.png
Gonna also give reasoning why all of em are stalemate:

Frisk vs John: John can't kill Frisk due to determination/reset, while Frisk can't harm John due to latter being Multi+.

EXE vs RED: RED has an immortality EXE can't bypass, but RED also can't do much against EXE

Omori vs Batter: Omori is uni and has immortalised but can't kill Batter became Player saves him.

If DB were making an episode then probably instead of tie they'll just pick John, EXE and Omori.

They can negate Caliborn/Lord English’s narrative plot armor and high-godly regen, Frisk doing a “time, huh” through DETERMINATION ain’t gonna do shit against fate/plot manipulation that can negate other plot/fate manipulation.
Plot and time manipulate are different things.

Negating plot shenanigans doesn't means negating time shenanigans cause they're different abilities.

Plot and time manipulate are different things.

Negating plot shenanigans doesn't means negating time shenanigans cause they're different abilities.
Caliborn was “the Lord of Time” with complete control over all aspects of time and ANY timeline that didn’t lead to his creation or victory was predestined to fail and shrivel to nothing and this applied to the infinite timelines, stories, and multiverses of Paradox Space. John circumvented this by just, MAKING A NEW NARRATIVE outside LE’s influence which shouldn’t have been possible.

Caliborn was “the Lord of Time” with complete control over all aspects of time and ANY timeline that didn’t lead to his creation or victory was predestined to fail and shrivel to nothing and this applied to the infinite timelines, stories, and multiverses of Paradox Space. John circumvented this by just, MAKING A NEW NARRATIVE outside LE’s influence which shouldn’t have been possible.
Ok that's still a plot hax not time hax.

Ok that's still a plot hax not time hax.
Why does the distinction matter? In Homestuck the Time Aspect and plot/narrative progression are intertwined if not one in the same. What’s stopping John Egbert from just saying “no” to Frisk’s reset and dooming them to an unavoidable death like LE does do any other Time player that tries to screw with his plans? John’s retcon powers are basically what wankers think GER is, but on CRACK

Why does the distinction matter? In Homestuck the Time Aspect and plot/narrative progression are intertwined if not one in the same. What’s stopping John Egbert from just saying “no” to Frisk’s reset and dooming them to an unavoidable death like LE does do any other Time player that tries to screw with his plans? John’s retcon powers are basically what wankers think GER is, but on CRACK
Boomstick: And that's why John can beat Goku.

(No wait, that meme works better with Spongebob...)

IDK, maybe I'm reading this the wrong way, but I feel that should be enough to net John the win.
I mean, again plot/fate manipulation and time manipulation are opposite abilities.
I mean is there something that explicitly says narrative = time? Like, I recently started to read Homestuck because of this MU and all so I do know that its narrative goes through several time frames but I still don't think time = plot here.

I'll look about it more later in the series I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back