• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's probably just a coincidence, but somebody in the comments noted that this fight has Biblical connotations: it's a fight between "Adam" (the first named human in the Bible) and "Apocalypse" (the central event in the Book of Revelations). The beginning vs the end, essentially.

Though like I said, probably just a coincidence...

It's probably just a coincidence, but somebody in the comments noted that this fight has Biblical connotations: it's a fight between "Adam" (the first named human in the Bible) and "Apocalypse" (the central event in the Book of Revelations). The beginning vs the end, essentially.

Though like I said, probably just a coincidence...
there's also this:

Looking into more apocalypse, he should scale to Evan Sabahnur who is literally just a clone of him, and looking at the page everything he has Apocalypse has too, it's just elaborated on better

Self-Power Bestowal: Evan has the potential for virtually any conceivable superhuman power
  • Adaptation: Evan can adjust his body to apparently any disease or environment at will and sometimes subconsciously.
  • Energy Projection: Evan is able to project energy as "dematerializer" blasts from his eyes and emit energy blasts from his hands.

There's an AU where's this MU happens
yzqsdgw9x4n91.jpg
I hope to God this doesn't happen. But I'd easily take it over Trunks vs Homura

I feel peeps are selling Lich short here

Lich vs Sauron been a long ass Debate and comparison dating back in the late 2000s and now

WOW was one of the most popular games at it's peak back then
Also to add we only had one video game rep this season no way Jinx and if Silver are the only ones we're getting

World of Warcraft ain't some literal who video games series and I'm not sure death battle want to touch Harry Potter given JK Rowling's shit

Saturday morning cartoon characters, they’re anthropomorphic cats that fly a jet around to fight bad guys and disguise themselves as car mechanics
There is a bleak chance they could fight against (and possibly die to) Samurai Pizza Cats / Neko Ninja Tai (of Samurai Pizza Cats, whose name of the Japanese official series is Kyatto Ninden Teyandee)
  • 80s to 90s Japanese anime characters
  • Anthropomorphic robot cats
  • can fly (by being launched, with armor, or piloting a giant robot)
  • (shot by a launcher to different locations to) fight bad people
  • has a "part time job" (as a more or less disguise) as restaurant workers

Problem is: Neko Ninja Tai is a 3-personnel team whereas Swat Cats AFAIK is a 2-personnel team.

Last edited:
You think that Sauron episode is gonna flop, guys?
Its probably gonna do fine. WOW and LotR are big IPs.
doubt, though Biff Weed's claim that nobody in his discord knows who Sauron is a bit alarming

I think DB are safe from flops for the time being, it would need a really really bad fight/episode to kill the momentum
That's probably more of a disconnect of more recent, modern, mostly anime based viewers not being familiar with a more classic book franchise. I'm not the most familiar with LotR as a franchise because that type of fantasy series never appealed to me, but I do know about its impact and Sauron as a villain. Other people though, I dunno.

It'll likely do fine just via pulling viewers related to each franchise.

Outside of people freaking out that there's black people in it, I haven't heard anything bad about Rings of Power
Umm…. No? Like I don’t doubt there are Minority of idiots that hate the show for that reason and yeah **** those guys. But your wrong about not hearing anything bad about ROP.

Like you can literally look anywhere on social media and find absolutely valid criticism of the show. The writing is really bad, the characters suck ass, the actions moments lack the weight and realism of the LOTR movies. And for costing a total of billion dollars the show looks worse that the movies that came out 20 years ago.

LOTR is first a fictional book verse so theoretically any race can be any color JRR Tolkien wants.

On the other hand, LOTR is taking place in a "fictional medieval Europe continent" so people will normally perceive humans living there will be more "white" or "yellow" or even "middle east brown" rather than "african black". There is no hatred on ethnic black people even if people freaks out there are a significant group of black people in the verse which takes place in a fictional medieval Europe. I guess we do not pin everything to racism but rather just look at a verse from its cultural background.

Back to topic: The Sauron episode will likely not flop very hard. As hard hitting like OmniLander in clicks? Nah.

That said: which Nintendo verse do you expect to be in this season? We are kind of expecting a Kirby character or a Pokémon character to be in Season 9 back in 2021 (in celebrating Forgotten Land and PLA) but so far there are no representative characters yet to come.

Last edited:
That said: which Nintendo verse do you expect to be in this season? We are kind of expecting a Kirby character or a Pokémon character to be in Season 9 back in 2021 (in celebrating Forgotten Land and PLA) but so far there are no representative characters yet to come.
I still feel like Meta Knight getting a matchup is possible, but it does seem less likely as time goes on. Again, if not this season, next. I'm starting to feel convinced we aren't getting a Pokemon matchup this season though. Probably next...

LOTR is first a fictional book verse so theoretically any race can be any color JRR Tolkien wants.

On the other hand, LOTR is taking place in a "fictional medieval Europe continent" so people will normally perceive humans living there will be more "white" or "yellow" or even "middle east brown" rather than "african black". There is no hatred on ethnic black people even if people freaks out there are a significant group of black people in the verse which takes place in a fictional medieval Europe. I guess we do not pin everything to racism but rather just look at a verse from its cultural background.
As you said it's a "fictional medieval Europe continent".

fictional

They can have black people if they choose, it's literally a fictional representation of a medieval European content with magical fantasy stuff out and about. There really shouldn't even be any discussion on this at all but generally most people seem to not care about this fact, luckily.

As you said it's a "fictional medieval Europe continent".

fictional

They can have black people if they choose, it's literally a fictional representation of a medieval European content with magical fantasy stuff out and about. There really shouldn't even be any discussion on this at all but generally most people seem to not care about this fact, luckily.
Great. Forget what people are talking before I do and move on.

I still feel like Meta Knight getting a matchup is possible, but it does seem less likely as time goes on. Again, if not this season, next. I'm starting to feel convinced we aren't getting a Pokemon matchup this season though. Probably next...
They have missed several good chances in bringing Pokémon characters for a Death Battle - and when the latest one as they did they bring in a generic four arm manlet instead of introducing more classical or characters recently relevant at that time.

Great. Forget what people are talking before I do and move on.

They have missed several good chances in bringing Pokémon characters for a Death Battle - and when the latest one as they did they bring in a generic four arm manlet instead of introducing more classical or characters recently relevant at that time.
Pokémon characters are weird to pull into for versus because I've noticed most people... don't really care to see a lot of specific Pokémon in fights? Outside of the very iconic ones or specific legendaries I tend to not see much pull for them.

Honestly a Mewtwo run back, an Arceus fight, and having Ash on are really the only major ones I see in the community rn, and frankly they could do any of those matches at any point with how enduring popular Pokémon is. You don't really need to cash in on a specific release of a franchise that releases yearly to use it's characters, really.

I'm wondering if Sauron's fight will be held up by some people as showing more respect to the source material than Rings of Power, cause I've noticed that certain comments on other episodes hype up the fight for giving more respect to a character than their modern material.

no, they really haven't. Goro vs Machamp is one of the few match-ups that work outside of Pokemon vs Digimon/Yugioh rivalry and even then those rivalries aren't really a thing anymore.

I like Pokemon, but as Kirbonic put it, it's just not a good verse to use...in VS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back