• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I’m curious do you consider the debunk blog here in vs wiki to be effective in what it debunks?
I dont play DMC so I have 0% significant insight on its workings and with that I dont remember much of either blogs and arguments.

But modern VS sucks so I almost would want to root against imagining Dante destroying an universe. And thats a gargantuan lowball here :V

I don’t think they’d buy the cosmic stuff for Samus to make her fight a multi doom guy, they’ll probably still make her fight X.

To be fair, Xeno is still building off the pre-existing entire history of DB as a whole for it’s cosmology (and DB is a much older franchise than Sonic) which gives it a better head start than most verses, but it still kinda suffers the same issues that DBS does with its matchups of just not having as expansive a cosmology and relying largely on multipliers.

DBHs issue is that it placed a hard lock on its cosmology with its story structure (the whole finite time scrolls thing really hurts its potential a lot lol) and a lot of its potential higher dimensional scaling requires a lot of leniency due to not really using wordage required for higher dimensional spaces.

I don’t really see the verse getting higher than 2A and baseline L1C with leniency unless there’s some major changes down the line lol.
Yeah but the canon DB cosmology is so small compared to Heros, and Dragon Ball as a franchise is simple, and not constant, so there isn't that big of a head start. Other franchises have been nonstop in pumping out continuations of their stories, where there was a massive hiatus after GT from Super.

That's besides the point, Heros is just going to continue to get stronger, who knows where it will be in a few years. We could get new wild shit.

There isn't much of a headstart, as canon DB is pretty simplistic compared to other verses on its level. So my points still stand

Speedy asked people to send him the debunks for the Nero vs HellBoy blog, looks like they will do a rebuttal/response
Eh the Nero vs HellBoy “debunk” of Uni DMC was super bad, like it directly took shit out of context and used AoE fallacies. I don’t have high hopes for G1 to make a convincing argument against Uni DMC after that

Last edited:
Yeah but the canon DB cosmology is so small compared to Heros, and Dragon Ball as a franchise is simple, and not constant, so there isn't that big of a head start. Other franchises have been nonstop in pumping out continuations of their stories, where there was a massive hiatus after GT from Super.

That's besides the point, Heros is just going to continue to get stronger, who knows where it will be in a few years. We could get new wild shit.

There isn't much of a headstart, as canon DB is pretty simplistic compared to other verses on its level. So my points still stand
Let's just hope they don't become desperate enough to make Dragon Ball Evolution canon...

I dont play DMC so I have 0% significant insight on its workings and with that I dont remember much of either blogs and arguments.

But modern VS sucks so I almost would want to root against imagining Dante destroying an universe. And thats a gargantuan lowball here :V
Oh yeah I forget that you don’t like how modern debating goes lmao.
Eh the Nero vs HellBoy “debunk” of Uni DMC was super bad, like it directly took shit out of context and used AoE fallacies. I don’t have high hopes for G1 to make a convincing argument against Uni DMC after that
bruh didn’t they also say in the blog itself that prima guide are bad, but then use one in the blog?

If your stats breaks the story of the verse, that's bad. That's why lasers suck, lightspeed is way too stupid fast. And nowadays stuff just keeps getting too high in VS. We give way too much benefit of the doubt.
To be fair, we can only ignore what the writers/creators put into the series for so long. Eventually things become a little too blatant / consistent to not include even if realistically things would **** with the story to a degree. Like if there’s 5 separate indications of universal feats performed by the same character, or dozens of light speed feats, or 9 infinite speed feats across multiple characters in the same series, it’s hard to deny it just because it would be silly.

I do agree some verses get more leniency than they should have, but others are absolutely fine as is even if their stats are a little high

I dont see much trust in them after pulling that shit, let alone when they wanked geese and nitpicked canons

If your stats breaks the story of the verse, that's bad. That's why lasers suck, lightspeed is way too stupid fast. And nowadays stuff just keeps getting too high in VS. We give way too much benefit of the doubt.
Honestly i would rather take things being higher then lower, unless they are absurd levels, like how tiktok and most youtube channels try to get verses at multiversal or tier 1 shit, taking things way too literal

You cant ignore a verse telling you on the same topic of a power level some possess if they keep pointing it out

They REALLY went in on Uni DMC lol
That was a super pretentious read, they were making memes thinking they were right. And I thought people on here could be smarmy

Honestly the fact Liam put his trust in G1 only made it worse for him, he has tier 7 jojo with over x1000 FTL for example which didnt sit well with many, yet thinks uni DMC is bunk from a group that clearly isnt known to be accurate, let alone which disagreed with their research by the difference both had

Honestly, it probably isn't issue for every everything. A lot of the things I see just makes me take scorched earth approach. In order to try to be less biased, I just nuke it from all. That theoretically should make things more better. But then some verses do suffer from that.

Lightspeed I wont stand tho lol I aint accepting over-glorified bullets to be fine. Too bad DB does :^)
more stuff
So on previous point, it really is context dependent. By default I'm skeptical tho. Frankly I dunno why Im even talking about this here. This forum really doesnt do as I would and Im pretty sure this kinda thinking pisses people off here lol

To be fair, we can only ignore what the writers/creators put into the series for so long. Eventually things become a little too blatant / consistent to not include even if realistically things would **** with the story to a degree. Like if there’s 5 separate indications of universal feats performed by the same character, or dozens of light speed feats, or 9 infinite speed feats across multiple characters in the same series, it’s hard to deny it just because it would be silly.

I do agree some verses get more leniency than they should have, but others are absolutely fine as is even if their stats are a little high
Eh I feel it's a case by case thing
Honestly i would rather take things being higher then lower, unless they are absurd levels, like how tiktok and most youtube channels try to get verses at multiversal or tier 1 shit, taking things way too literal
I mean I guess but I don't see that being much better

Honestly that reddit post from cardinaikkng on DMC and GOW did a good job of addressing the high ends and low ends where both series stacks up

That's why lasers suck, lightspeed is way too stupid fast.
Lasers rule and I love that they end up causing outlandish shit like relativistic to ftl Zelda, cope 🗿

Putting the small print here in case anyone thinks I'm being super serious, obviously thinking lasers suck and that several characters getting within the range of lightspeed is stupid is valid

Personally I like to take a more conservative approach and put things lower rather than higher (As long as it isn't too ridiculous like building level Mario and Sonic), but I can understand preferring it the other way round.

I don't know what to think
RDT-20221217-2318178906804587895707494.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back