• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic:

1. Death Battle has showcased two more fusion designs for combatants aside from OmniLander (namely Harlinx and Asuku).
1.1. what type of fusions of Death Battle combatants actually benefit most out from the individuals? (And what are those who are actually worse off)
(I have a feeling it would be filled with glass cannon + stone wall or brick + wizard combos)
2. Anyone actually begin tempted to buy a music composing software and start to make music by yourself? A couple of music composing software actually gets a Xmas offer I am so tempted to buy one (such that I may actually save money or even make money in the long run if I want to make music by myself)
3. I can see people starting to draw pictures or even make sprite animations themselves. What types of software they are using?

This never look nice towards Dragon Ball
TBH

So far nobody would actually beat Digimon high tiers unless those are extradimensional beings.

Dante vs Bayonetta is a MU I like but not one I want to participate in the debate of lol I think I’ll skip out on volunteering for that one. Doom Slayer v Chief too but I think I’ll sit out of that one too, I’m only somewhat familiar with Doom lore from just casually playing/replaying the games

Ehhhh I don’t understand why MC vs Doomguy since it’s not even a fair match anymore. Also worried for what there going to do with DMC stats again lmao
They’ll probably avoid the cosmic doom stats and just use his calcs and such, which would make the fight, while a clear Doomdood win, no longer a gargantuan stomp.

An unfortunate fate for the verse, most of its matchups are against verses that just, have much larger cosmologies or are far more haxxed.
DBH/Xeno is a pretty young verse compared to what it's up against. Heros is like D tier in terms of attention it gets from Toei, and doesn't have constant comics pumping out things every few weeks.

For what it is, Heros is a insanely impressive verse, the fact its constantly being compared to bullshit juggernauts like DC Marvel Sonic and other things goes to show how big it has gotten in such a short amount of time.

Give it a few more years and more insane shit will come out. Just how Dragon Ball works.

Now that his story is over, what would Ash's strongest 6-Pokemon team be?

Imo, Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja are locks. The remaining two are up for debate and I'm going to say Snorlax and Muk? Haven't seen the latest seasons though. Wanted to put Infernape in but he clashes with Charizard and upsets team balance.

Now that his story is over, what would Ash's strongest 6-Pokemon team be?

Imo, Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja are locks. The remaining two are up for debate and I'm going to say Snorlax and Muk? Haven't seen the latest seasons though. Wanted to put Infernape in but he clashes with Charizard and upsets team balance.
Lucario and Dragonite are front runners.

They’ll probably avoid the cosmic doom stats and just use his calcs and such, which would make the fight, while a clear Doomdood win, no longer a gargantuan stomp.
What about they make a Samus Aran vs Doom Slayer?

Now see if they would be fishing the cosmic or even multi universe level stats.

Except either Samus Aran stomps on Master Chief or died a glorious death from X.

******* THANK YOU

The entire point of the Cell Saga was Gohan was not his father. He fought when he needed to, that's it.

Goku allows for a far more natural progression into each arc, as he has drive that Gohan lacks. Toriyama was 100% right to keep Gohan a reactive character. It's surprising how many people, Totally Not Mark included, miss the point of the arc they so heavily praise.
Western folks tend to seem to interpret DBZ in a way that "Gohan will surpass Goku" and thus they wanted Gohan to takeover as mc? And while Cell saga did lean to that, in the manga its not as a big deal. Frankly, Gohan being the big thing comes kinda late in Cell saga and is kinda sloppy.

Poor Mark just wanted to try his idea of "Gohan is mc of Buu saga" but frankly his idea is just so much lamer than what actually happened.

Buu saga is actually fine, the real problem is they never should have implied Gohan would be the key to it. Easiest way to fix Buu saga is to lessen Gohan's role, as seen with Mark's idea, trying to make Buu saga fit Gohan changes it drastically.

Gohan being mc just... makes things less fun? DBZ becomes sth way too different if Gohan was to take over so yeah, Toriyama had the right call.

Western folks tend to seem to interpret DBZ in a way that "Gohan will surpass Goku" and thus they wanted Gohan to takeover as mc? And while Cell saga did lean to that, in the manga its not as a big deal. Frankly, Gohan being the big thing comes kinda late in Cell saga and is kinda sloppy.

Poor Mark just wanted to try his idea of "Gohan is mc of Buu saga" but frankly his idea is just so much lamer than what actually happened.

Buu saga is actually fine, the real problem is they never should have implied Gohan would be the key to it. Easiest way to fix Buu saga is to lessen Gohan's role, as seen with Mark's idea, trying to make Buu saga fit Gohan changes it drastically.

Gohan being mc just... makes things less fun? DBZ becomes sth way too different if Gohan was to take over so yeah, Toriyama had the right call.
I disagree with it being sloppy, Gohan taking over for the end of the Cell arc was ******* amazing, amazing build up, amazing execution. It was so good that it made people want Gohan to be the new MC, that's how great it was.

The thing is, people were attached to the wrong part of the story. Gohan's strength, not his pain and trauma that came with it.

Currently Gohan has it made, has a job he loves, a wife and a child, and is still pretty ******* strong.

I disagree with it being sloppy, Gohan taking over for the end of the Cell arc was ******* amazing, amazing build up, amazing execution. It was so good that it made people want Gohan to be the new MC, that's how great it was.

The thing is, people were attached to the wrong part of the story. Gohan's strength, not his pain and trauma that came with it.

Currently Gohan has it made, has a job he loves, a wife and a child, and is still pretty ******* strong.
Gohan being important to Cell saga only happened around Semi-Perfect Cell which is a bit too long time to wait.

And yeah, Gohan went home and became a family man and that's a good thing.

Wdym if Gohan would be the MC Dragon Ball would be the best thing ever, look at Dragon Ball X smh

My money is on the one who has the most **** of them, which only proper way for scaling youtubers.

reptage.png

To be fair, the World Coronation Series had him beat other regional champions (as in the final bosses of the games, we had Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Diantha and Iris) in order to get to Leon, the World Champion himself and in order to qualify to begin with he had to go through a pretty long set of qualification and elimination matches. He did not quite did it in an organized tourney, but Ash essentially did beat competition on the level of a regional league to even get a shot at the finals.

Food for thought: would our takes change if Coronation was double elim?

My money is on the one who has the most **** of them, which only proper way for scaling youtubers.
Rule 34 wise, Jaiden and Rebecca are nearly neck and neck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since winter still persist, here's my winter birb matchup

Anivia VS Articuno (League of Legends VS Pokémon)

Connections:

• Both are blue giant ice birds that use the elemental powers of ice that start with the letter A
  • Both are said to aid people that were lost in the harsh snowy mountains

Uh...that's it.

What about they make a Samus Aran vs Doom Slayer?

Now see if they would be fishing the cosmic or even multi universe level stats.

Except either Samus Aran stomps on Master Chief or died a glorious death from X.
I don’t think they’d buy the cosmic stuff for Samus to make her fight a multi doom guy, they’ll probably still make her fight X.

DBH/Xeno is a pretty young verse compared to what it's up against. Heros is like D tier in terms of attention it gets from Toei, and doesn't have constant comics pumping out things every few weeks.

For what it is, Heros is a insanely impressive verse, the fact its constantly being compared to bullshit juggernauts like DC Marvel Sonic and other things goes to show how big it has gotten in such a short amount of time.

Give it a few more years and more insane shit will come out. Just how Dragon Ball works.
To be fair, Xeno is still building off the pre-existing entire history of DB as a whole for it’s cosmology (and DB is a much older franchise than Sonic) which gives it a better head start than most verses, but it still kinda suffers the same issues that DBS does with its matchups of just not having as expansive a cosmology and relying largely on multipliers.

DBHs issue is that it placed a hard lock on its cosmology with its story structure (the whole finite time scrolls thing really hurts its potential a lot lol) and a lot of its potential higher dimensional scaling requires a lot of leniency due to not really using wordage required for higher dimensional spaces.

I don’t really see the verse getting higher than 2A and baseline L1C with leniency unless there’s some major changes down the line lol.

Ehhhh I don’t understand why MC vs Doomguy since it’s not even a fair match anymore. Also worried for what there going to do with DMC stats again lmao
From my understanding it's more about the legacy of the match than anything. Like Doom and Halo both served as cultural keystones of gaming with Halo basically starting the "modern fps" and served as "the finale nail in the coffin" for doomlikes (which I know is ironic say that in 2022 but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back