• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait doesn't Ash still have those weird remake movies?
AFAIK, I Choose You was more of a different retelling of Ash's beginning as a trainer, while Power of Us and Secrets of the Jungle were completely original stories. Only Mewtwo Returns 3D was a straight up Remake IIRC. It's likely the next movies will simply be about the new protags.

Maybe it won't be so bad. Ash ended in a very high note, being the world champion and all, which is pretty much the biggest accomplishment he could achieve given his specialization as a trainer has always been battling. Being a Pokemon Master has always been kept as intentionally vague so even if Ash is not acknowledged as one in-story there won't be a feeling that he missed something beyond that his adventures continued separate from us the audience.

And quite a few people have felt that Ash was long overdue, and he should be allowed to retire and try a different protagonist like most long runner kid series do (being divided by series or sagas, and each one with a new cast), and that needing to always have Ash is what kept the guy from getting any meaningful developments for so long.

To be fair, the World Coronation Series had him beat other regional champions (as in the final bosses of the games, we had Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Diantha and Iris) in order to get to Leon, the World Champion himself and in order to qualify to begin with he had to go through a pretty long set of qualification and elimination matches. He did not quite did it in an organized tourney, but Ash essentially did beat competition on the level of a regional league to even get a shot at the finals.

Maybe it won't be so bad. Ash ended in a very high note, being the world champion and all, which is pretty much the biggest accomplishment he could achieve given his specialization as a trainer has always been battling. Being a Pokemon Master has always been kept as intentionally vague so even if Ash is not acknowledged as one in-story there won't be a feeling that he missed something beyond that his adventures continued separate from us the audience.

And quite a few people have felt that Ash was long overdue, and he should be allowed to retire and try a different protagonist like most long runner kid series do (being divided by series or sagas, and each one with a new cast), and that needing to always have Ash is what kept the guy from getting any meaningful developments for so long.
Still, its hard to move on to new chatacters that replace the ones before them,

Heck dragon ball couldnt let go of goku and prolly wont ever

Still, its hard to move on to new chatacters that replace the ones before them,

Heck dragon ball couldnt let go of goku and prolly wont ever
Pretty much Ash was that character folks were familiar with since the start

To me I find if a mixture of bout time and yet why now?

Ash should've gotten it done years ago allowing new blood to take rain yet to do it now at this stage feels bitter sweet

To be fair, the World Coronation Series had him beat other regional champions (as in the final bosses of the games, we had Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Diantha and Iris) in order to get to Leon, the World Champion himself and in order to qualify to begin with he had to go through a pretty long set of qualification and elimination matches. He did not quite did it in an organized tourney, but Ash essentially did beat competition on the level of a regional league to even get a shot at the finals.
I get that but I still not the biggest fan of it. Like one of the most important parts of pokemon was the adventure, like sure Ash loosing ever league was frustrating but there was still adventure before hand, Ash becoming the world championship just because feels less like a natural ending to the series and more like Game Freak telling them they have one season to rap up Ash's story.

I wonder if the Greninja shitstorm wasnt so big would this have happened lol
As someone who actually picked and enjoyed using Greninja in both Gen 6 and Smash 4, I actually found the shitstorm to be hilarious. It's was so deserved too, considering the blatant and unapologetic favouritism the ninja frog got (it straight up surpassed the likes of Lucario, Charizard and even Pikachu in terms of popularity at one point in Japan) while nutty paladin and fox witch barely got anything (except Braxien getting into Pokken, btw I would love a proper sequel to that game), I'm so glad Ash-Greninja lost in the Kalos league after all that overbearing hype.

Personally I would have much perfered if Pokemon had ended with just a random world championship with a bunch of random character from the series that we haven't seen in 500 episodes. Like Ash rematching a bunch of poeple who beat him in the past or some random movie exclusive characters would hit way harder then him beating Steven or Leon.

Personally I would have much perfered if Pokemon had ended with just a random world championship with a bunch of random character from the series that we haven't seen in 500 episodes. Like Ash rematching a bunch of poeple who beat him in the past or some random movie exclusive characters would hit way harder then him beating Steven or Leon.
TBF, they REALLY hyped up Leon to be the best of the best...

Ash is being retired as the MC for Pokemon, we or may not see him next season.
Well, at least Ash vs Yugi won't have its outcome changed unexpectedly...
Eh its debatable still
Well is it not unanimously agreed Yugi Muto hax stomps?

The real point is that Lucy Heartfilia gets stomped.

We shall see how the team treat the "step down" of Ash. A good treatment can actually leave him as a great legacy.

Gohan as mc would have lead to way different direction for Dragon Ball, and frankly I'm not sure would that direction ever been a good idea.
******* THANK YOU

The entire point of the Cell Saga was Gohan was not his father. He fought when he needed to, that's it.

Goku allows for a far more natural progression into each arc, as he has drive that Gohan lacks. Toriyama was 100% right to keep Gohan a reactive character. It's surprising how many people, Totally Not Mark included, miss the point of the arc they so heavily praise.

******* THANK YOU

The entire point of the Cell Saga was Gohan was not his father. He fought when he needed to, that's it.

Goku allows for a far more natural progression into each arc, as he has drive that Gohan lacks. Toriyama was 100% right to keep Gohan a reactive character. It's surprising how many people, Totally Not Mark included, miss the point of the arc they so heavily praise.
Yep, exactly. The boy only fights because he had to. No one asked him if he wants to fight the Saiyans or Frieza or even Cell . He had other people make that choice for him. It makes sense that Gohan doesn't like fighting after seeing so many of his friends die ( temporarily at least) and facing many end of world situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back