• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latter though the former could be useful

Basically characters you used to see back in the old days and mid 10s and now barely get brought up at all
Well former stuff Ness quite fits after losing ToTU status.

As in discussion wise...could be me but Touhou seems to be less brought up in a vs sense then it was previously.

What characters that used to be big in the vs game but now fell off these days?

Like they used to be big names to just being another memory
Is the Beyonder still big these days? I know he was popular in vs debates back in the 2000s/2010s because of how powerful he is but now I don't think many people really care about him anymore (Which y'know, very understandable).

Chris had mister x as an opponent suggestion
Like I say in a comment for the reddit post, Mr. X (alongside Nemesis and Croc) is awful for Chris, the most connections they have is that they're both big, bald and chase after the protag, so pretty much nothing compared to what you have with Zsasz. Nevermind it being a pretty big stomp compared to Chris VS Zsasz (Batman scaling aside).

Off the top of my head (assuming we're talking about popularity not power) there was:

*Elder God Demonsbane (iirc it turned out he wasn't even an official canon character lol) and as soon as the cosmology got debunked all the Demonsbane "fans" suddenly disappeared along with the verse on VSBW.

*Sans, he was spammed to hell and back in the good old days but now (mostly thanks to Deltarune and downgrades) his popularity has pretty much die down to a much more stable level.

*The "GG" generic MCs of Ikki (skill) and Kirito (freeze), the Vs threads and debates these characters sparked were legendary but now hardly anyone really talks about them anymore (mostly thanks to more nuanced isekai and power fantasies coming out since their hay-days).

Oh, that's definetly ******* Dark Schneider, back then he was treated like the most OP shonen protag but now not alot of people really care about him.
And that's really sad, I think Bastard is genuinely a great series that deserves way more attention than it gets right now.

Oh, that's definetly ******* Dark Schneider, back then he was treated like the most OP shonen protag but now not alot of people really care about him.
And that's really sad, I think Bastard is genuinely a great series that deserves way more attention than it gets right now.
I only see Bastard just to see the s*x scenes 😂

I only see Bastard just to see the s*x scenes 😂
ohyou.png

As in discussion wise...could be me but Touhou seems to be less brought up in a vs sense then it was previously.
Mostly because of the unlimited amount of revisions that affected the verse's flow in vs matches
*The "GG" generic MCs of Ikki (skill) and Kirito (freeze), the Vs threads and debates these characters sparked were legendary but now hardly anyone really talks about them anymore (mostly thanks to more nuanced isekai and power fantasies coming out since their hay-days).
The Freeze GG on Kirito was got downgraded to oblivion from what i recall, even if it didn't get downgraded, it wasn't that special anymore due of the upgrades that received to the other verses in the past years

Like I say in a comment for the reddit post, Mr. X (alongside Nemesis and Croc) is awful for Chris, the most connections they have is that they're both big, bald and chase after the protag, so pretty much nothing compared to what you have with Zsasz. Nevermind it being a pretty big stomp compared to Chris VS Zsasz (Batman scaling aside).
Whats Zsasz stats then?

It got 2 seasons on netflix tho recently

The "GG" generic MCs of Ikki (skill) and Kirito (freeze), the Vs threads and debates these characters sparked were legendary but now hardly anyone really talks about them anymore (mostly thanks to more nuanced isekai and power fantasies coming out since their hay-days).

Let's not forget the nerfs that SAO pages got thanks to SAO Wiki and the like. Not that I disagreed with the idea of a nerf, I just don't think it had to be to that extent.

Off the top of my head (assuming we're talking about popularity not power) there was:

*Elder God Demonsbane (iirc it turned out he wasn't even an official canon character lol) and as soon as the cosmology got debunked all the Demonsbane "fans" suddenly disappeared along with the verse on VSBW.

*Sans, he was spammed to hell and back in the good old days but now (mostly thanks to Deltarune and downgrades) his popularity has pretty much die down to a much more stable level.

Ah, yeah, Demonbane went from Tier 0 or so to just 3-A? There were some talks about the cosmology again a while ago that could bump him to Tier 1 I think. Demonbane also had that whole "memetic badass hype" surrounding him.

Funnily enough, Kirito's powers even during the time of his peak, were pretty tame compared to the stuff Isekai tend to pull out (at least going by the ones added to this wiki) and Ikki's skill and stuff IMHO had a lot to do with how skill itself is very open to interpretation can easily get out of hand in debates due to not having set guidelines and such like stats (which are straight numbers) or hax (which at least has a works in this case and not in this one basis).

Or maybe Isekai protags were replaced by Xianxia dudes who are too strong to have matches.

Whats Zsasz stats then?
I mean he is superior to Chris at the end of the day but you could scale them both in such a way where it's relatively close. 'cause with Mr. X, Nemesis and Croc it's pretty clear cut, all three of those guys can pretty casually smash through concrete walls and Chris on a good day could most likely never do that. Nevermind the fact that they can heal any insignificant wounds Chris could give them pretty quickly.

Zsasz is much smarter, very skilled (and also has experience fighting other characters as strong or stronger than him unlike Chris who got roflstomped by the Walrider and that's all she wrote) and has great pain tolerance and durability but he's never been concieved as someone that could 100% match Batman at his best (since once Batman gets serious he beats him pretty easily, and Zsasz moreso than most other villains can truly piss off Bats) but being able to hang with him temporarily plus surviving or shrugging off hits that crack walls is around the same level as what Chris can dish out.

Though, of course, Zsasz would never be written as someone capable of tearing apart a human as if they were a doll so Chris has the edge in that respect. Zsasz still has to worry about Chris not laying a hand on him. Chris still has some degree of sanity left in him and knows judo, which he can potentially use against Zsasz who is a cut above the rest compared to everyone else in Mount Massive Asylum.

Zsasz is much smarter, very skilled (and also has experience fighting other characters as strong or stronger than him unlike Chris who got roflstomped by the Walrider and that's all she wrote)
Hope you realize the Walrider was hyped in the whole game as something akin to supernatural and tears people in pieces, how is Chris getting beat by Walrider suppose to be a bad thing to use against him?
and has great pain tolerance and durability but he's never been concieved as someone that could 100% match Batman at his best (since once Batman gets serious he beats him pretty easily, and Zsasz moreso than most other villains can truly piss off Bats)
The variants have pain tolerance too, iirc one of the notes in the game state it
but being able to hang with him temporarily plus surviving or shrugging off hits that crack walls is around the same level as what Chris can dish out.
Chris took down a metal door that needs a card to unlock down, throws the player when meeting the first time off through a balcony, iirc a respect thread showed from a different camera view the dmg from that is bigger then you can tell off of 1st person view, also he is capable of killing the player just by tossing him away when he catches you throughout the game as well
Though, of course, Zsasz would never be written as someone capable of tearing apart a human as if they were a doll so Chris has the edge in that respect.
You said it too, he is beaten at physicality by Chris, i might also add, Chris senses are better too, he can hear a rat, see in the darkness to chase you, as well as far away too, he comes chasing from very far and could even tell the player was in a room before, as he points that out
Zsasz still has to worry about Chris not laying a hand on him. Chris still has some degree of sanity left in him and knows judo, which he can potentially use against Zsasz who is a cut above the rest compared to everyone else in Mount Massive Asylum.
So basically dude is ****** if Chris gets his hand on him

Premieres in >2 hours
December 9 at 4:00 AM SGT

I am on the bed rn

I have a feeling I am getting more chances of lodging the commissioned musics at Brandon Yates than Therewolf Media given the trend - like given the time period Aaron opens his application period I am likely already asleep... at least Brandon Yates gives us some 3 to 5 days to actually lodge an application.

Last edited:
I... sort of recall that being a thing? I remember some bullshit about Underworld 'not having actual elements' and that taking a hit to speed, but idk why Kaantantr was trying to make the distinction.
Kaantantr also downgraded any tier 6 and tier 4 ratings besides speed and haxes, along how the one who did fan translation of the novels saying the official works would be > then his, thus putting fan translation as not viable for use over official one which supporters said was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back