• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry, Old Computer who Yells at Humans had a model in Cyber Sleuth. And by extension Links models appear to be here?

People already modded Yggy to be playable in CS games as well long ago.

62841049849dc.jpg

Then again, they could make it sprites too :V

Bit of a silly question I remember the argument was essentially who had the full Triforce (being the supreme power of the verse who created the unverse and something like that) and who could fight a full Triforce wielder (mainly Link). But don't recall how the argument went.
The argument was that Link could fight and defeat Ganon in A Link to the Past, who in that game had acquired the complete Triforce for himself and had used it earlier to warp an entire universe into the Dark World. Only issue is that even though Ganon had the full Triforce he didn't use it when he fought Link, it was in a hidden room. Which honestly kinda a dumb move on Ganon's part not to just grab it before he fought Link and use it to stomp him.

Stupid question: are there any Sonic vs Genshin MUs out there? I'm seeing all the memes about the Player's Choice for the Game Awards this year, and now I'm curious.
Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Silver vs one of the time traveling characters from Genshin, but beyond time travel they have nothing in common and while I can't speak for the Genshin character I know for a fact Silver has better MUs.

Dont worry, Old Computer who Yells at Humans had a model in Cyber Sleuth. And by extension Links models appear to be here?

People already modded Yggy to be playable in CS games as well long ago.

62841049849dc.jpg

Then again, they could make it sprites too :V
Great.

Now it is one step closer towards Arceus (Pokémon) vs King Drasil (Digimon).

Just need to save extra money.

Found - This video:

... Says InfTron can create a bubble where time has stopped. So even if InfTron can time stop he is shown to be able to do so only for a small region, where the scope of Dio's Time Stop is universe scope.

Video unavailable. : (
Jojo timestop isnt exactly the best seeing as dio just barely resists his own timestop
How does the layering system & such work exactly?
I thought the rules were:
Person can stop time for X amount of time.
This number (X) is also how long they're able to move in someone else's time stop.

I don’t think timestop potency is conventionally measured in seconds, because I’m pretty sure a hell of a lot of timestops are just however long you want it
Time stop potency is measured in a lot of parameters.
The ease of using it (with a device or by oneself), the time for time stopped, the area affected (InfTron for a small area vs DIO for one universe), the difficulty other time manipulation users can move within stopped time, etc.

The argument was that Link could fight and defeat Ganon in A Link to the Past, who in that game had acquired the complete Triforce for himself and had used it earlier to warp an entire universe into the Dark World. Only issue is that even though Ganon had the full Triforce he didn't use it when he fought Link, it was in a hidden room. Which honestly kinda a dumb move on Ganon's part not to just grab it before he fought Link and use it to stomp him.
Huh... Link has never had the full Triforce himself? I mean he did get it in ALttP after beating Ganon in the ending and Skyward Sword I think? Link having the Triforce as part of his arsenal is pretty common in arguments regarding him, so it's kind of a surprise.

Video unavailable. : (

How does the layering system & such work exactly?
I thought the rules were:
Person can stop time for X amount of time.
This number (X) is also how long they're able to move in someone else's time stop.
Layer to haxes means they work better against opponents that normally resist it

Like for example, if a character resists freezing, but somebody has freezing power that can even work on those that resist it, thats a layer above baseline pf the power

If a character resists even freezing with that layer, and somebody else has freezing power that works even on someone like that, it is another layer over the power

In the jojo case, Jotaro has resistance to time stop from canon fight with normal Dio and is having infinite speed too due to his stand in that game being > the canonical strongest one at that point, someone with infinite speed normally cant be affected by time stop, yet Heaven Dio time stop still affects someone like this

Huh... Link has never had the full Triforce himself? I mean he did get it in ALttP after beating Ganon in the ending and Skyward Sword I think? Link having the Triforce as part of his arsenal is pretty common in arguments regarding him, so it's kind of a surprise.
Link has assembled the complete Triforce a few times but unlike all his other equipment he never really used it for anything but a brief wish before handing it over to someone else. In Zelda 2 he did assemble the full thing but at no point did he ever carry it around or use it beyond wishing for Zelda to wake from her sleeping curse during the last 20 seconds of the game (For the entire game he doesn't even have a single piece of it, he gets Courage after the final boss and reunites it with the other 2 pieces that were in the possession of the royal family). ALTTP he only briefly holds it to make a wish to undo all of Ganons evil and then immediately hands it over to the royal family so they can use it instead. And in Skyward Sword he assembles it, it immediately left his body so he can make a wish, then he immediately left it behind on the statue of Hylia instead of keeping it and then never touched it again.

It's not really a part of his arsenal since he only, very rarely, picks it up for maybe 20 seconds before throwing it away.

Layer to haxes means they work better against opponents that normally resist it

Like for example, if a character resists freezing, but somebody has freezing power that can even work on those that resist it, thats a layer above baseline pf the power

If a character resists even freezing with that layer, and somebody else has freezing power that works even on someone like that, it is another layer over the power
I know about what layered hax in general was. I was asking for the justification for Jojo having it. Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh in my response; I am grateful for your concern, time & efforts in this, I assure you.
In the jojo case, Jotaro has resistance to time stop from canon fight with normal Dio and is having infinite speed too due to his stand in that game being > the canonical strongest one at that point, someone with infinite speed normally cant be affected by time stop, yet Heaven Dio time stop still affects someone like this
Thank you. Also, what?
You said, in part: "due to his stand in that game being > " the canonical strongest one at that point"
There's a Jojo part with a game as primary canon??

Heaven dio is from a game called jojo bizarre adventure eyes of heaven, The World Over Heaven (heaven dio stand) is above all stands in canon, including GER from part 5 which is the strongest canon stand in the series, which has infinite speed by surpassing those who got it

Jotaro near the end gets Star Platinum Over Heaven, which is equal to TWOH, add the info earlier said and there you go

So... Link vs Cloud Strife 3?

Since IDW Sonic is canon Metal can get this form if he comes back to DB
IMG_7529.webp
Now... Who is the next opponent for Metal Sonic for Death Battle if Metal Sonic returns?

Old news but YoRHa No.2 Type B vs Alita (Last Order)
(Not for ones with weak hearts or brains)

Okay you know what I mean when I say it is not for ones with weak hearts or brains.
Basically Charles Winick turns this into another arsenal comparison battle. Try to see this as Black Adam vs Apocalypse before Black Adam vs Apocalypse.

Old news but YoRHa No.2 Type B vs Alita (Last Order)
(Not for ones with weak hearts or brains)
Using the crossovers seem really dumb tbh. Also the scaling for 2B is wack.

2B being > to A2 is weird, considering its implied the two have fought before in one of the audio books, and that A2 has emerged victoirous against 2B everytime. There's also the fact A2 was holding back mostly against 9S in their final battle, and would've killed him had 2B's concoiusness not intervene in the last second.

2B surviving her self destruction is more a game mechanic than an actual feat, as the lore and story explicitly contradict this. Even then, after self destructing, it leaves 2B very weak.

Scaling 2B to Emil's High 6-A self destruction feat is no. It literally states that it killed everyone on the planet.

Also the counterargument for A2 scaling to the black box is so weirdly overcomplex when A2 doesn't tank the full yield of the explosion, because she was far from the epicenter of the explosion. Using our calc, the explosion itself is 6-C, while the amount A2 tanked is 7-A+. So honestly, it's not that big of an issue. 2B and 9S died because they were at the epicenter of the explosion. Simple as that.

Overall, the 2B analysis is kinda wack and feels missing in context for some, and the explanations are also just weird.

Ngl depending on how they handle Gogeta vs Vegito for the finale
It may rause my expectations for a Asura, LiuJago etc episode MU or raise my concern for it

Last edited:
Since IDW Sonic is canon Metal can get this form if he comes back to DB
IMG_7529.webp
Extremely based tbh, I’d be chill with a new Metal Sonic episode ngl.

if nothing than to not have to see the sentence “Flash Man is faster than Metal Sonic” ever again

I don’t think timestop potency is conventionally measured in seconds, because I’m pretty sure a hell of a lot of timestops are just however long you want
Timestop potency is typically decided through its ability to override other time stops or characters who are resistant to timestop. So someone like Sakuya Izayoi from Touhou who can timestop characters like Kaguya or Eirin who can operate in areas with irregular flows of time or stopped time would make her timestop layered.

How the hand-to-hand and cosmic sections of the fight get handled will certainly affect an Asura episode.
Definitely, hoping it lays really solid ground ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back