• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, a lot of Staff picks this season, booking wise, like Spongebob vs Aquaman, over Gumball and going with Homelander over Bardock has worked out for the most part. The only exception is Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver, which was a great episode, I see it praised well, but it didn't do well in views. So maybe the next time will also be received well

Yeah to be perfectly honest why was Deku Vs Gon even popular again? I kinda saw the appeal in the beginning but especially how much more powerful Deku was getting and there connections boiling down to “Green hair Shonen protagonists”. Hell I think most people in this thread don’t even like the MU because of how bad Gon dies. Asta from what I’ve seen is the most thematic match for Deku anyway

Yeah to be perfectly honest why was Deku Vs Gon even popular again? I kinda saw the appeal in the beginning but especially how much more powerful Deku was getting and there connections boiling down to “Green hair Shonen protagonists”. Hell I think most people in this thread don’t even like the MU because of how bad Gon dies. Asta from what I’ve seen is the most thematic match for Deku anyway
Don’t forget they’re both have absent fathers and look up to people, that’s not much better still but yeah
I’m guessing it was back when it was more fair

k9eg2c5xv4a71.jpg

yt5hsxiv5lg61.jpg

Okay yeah that's the easiest 10/10 of my life
"NOW, I'LL TEAR OUT YOUR HEART"
"YOU WILL FIND NOTHING THERE"

The fact that I can take literally any shot in the fight, caption it with "this pic goes hard", and be right 100% of the time is insane to me. No other fight this season, even the best of the best, has managed to just be back to back shots of some of the coolest shit DB has ever done. Voice acting was on point for both, effects were godlike, and the death, while initially confusing, is cool as hell just from seeing Sauron bring Arthas to his knees like any good dark lord should. They both used a decent amount of stuff as well, enough to make it feel like everything that was important to them as characters was included. And most importantly, they both had moments of feeling legitimately threatening, though I think Sauron edges out in that category (only natural since he won).

One thing I didn't mention before though is that Sauron's flames and Arthas' ice storm mix together to make rain partway through. It's not there for very long before Sauron's embers take over, but it's still a super cool visual effect and bit of attention to detail, which I guess is the case for everything in the entire fight lol

I guess my only real complaint is that Arthas' snowball feels a little pathetic. Would've much preferred something like pillars of jagged ice jutting out from the ground towards Sauron, only melting after exploding and feeding into Sauron's wolf transformation (which, for the record, I am ******* ecstatic that they included).

oh yeah and next time is a thing, it'll probably be good ig

btw i was way off on drizzt light timing, he never actually dodged, but he DOES apparently dodge lightning at some point

Deku vs Gon's connections are actually pretty long iirc but not as long as Deku vs Asta's

Don’t forget they’re both have absent fathers and look up to people, that’s not much better still but yeah
I’m guessing it was back when it was more fair
OMM and the animation potential

That's it
Connections were never it's strong suit

Gonna save this for when Deku comes in with the clutch.

Remember this seasons has had character W's that ended up going against the majority popular vote. Zatanna, Apocalypse, Archie Silver, Sun Wukong
Wukong? The only time I saw arguments against him was the G1 Blog when everyone else I saw thought he was going to sweep (4chan - albeit, there was plenty of fun debates and memes about it), Reddit, and here especially)

All of these fights were debatable though and there were still some wincons for the characters you mentioned, name one wincon for Deku
debatable or not doesn't mean most people still voted for the one they popularly believed would win.

Similar/Superior AP?, Greater Speed with Gearshift, resists like halve of Asta's haxxess since quirks ≠ magic(DB themselves even argue this), boasts an overall better arsenal with his vast quirks and is just analytical in combat with a technical experience advantage with all the consensuses and there experiences of OFA apart of him.

Anywhom there's really no point gauging at this point in time where DB's going to have Deku and Asta at there peaks, the AM episode is a few years old now with plenty of new feats, scaling, calcs, wits and abouts to determining there limits and correct me if I'm wrong but this is Black Clovers first debute on this show, so DB's dipping there toes in fresh water for that.

Anyway
My favourite DB this season, it took the classical fantasy premise of Fire Vs Ice and dark lords/kings to a whole nother level with the dialogue, ambience and POWER!

*I loved how no nonsense both TKL and Sauron were, they only spoke when needed and choose their words perfectly (the banter was surprisingly immersive, especially with the "heart" exchange).

*The balance between physical combat and magic was on point with the teleportation, soul manipulation, elemental effects, etc all organically transitioning between the clashing of weapons and environment damage.

*The atmosphere was just... ahhhhh soooo gooood! I've replayed TLKs ice storm getting displaced by Sauron's volcanic eruption multiple times already, it just looks so cool... or hot?, both I guess? Even the beginning of the fight with TLK chilling on his throne then Sauron pulls up cracking the ice under his boot immediately hooked me to the atmosphere, one of the best and most consistent 3D animations we've gotten on DB these couple years imo.

Overall even tho I know next to nothing about WoW and I'm only a casual LotR fan (with surface level knowledge of the lore), I can't help but give this episode a 10/10 (It was simply fantastic).

Also congrats to Sauron for joining Darkseid, as yet another villain who steal his opponent's chair after winning the DB (one of the most based things you can do)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back