• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNOW BROOOOO- I ALWAYS KINDA THOUGHT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IT WOULD JUST BE A DAYDREAM OF MINE-[/ISPOILER]
Cheers to that. :sneaky:
EiU_ERdWAAAgogv

Rip Arceus if they follow through with Liam’s idea
Although it will be funny seeing the cope from the Pokémon fans
What was Liam’s idea for Arceus? YHVH?
ngl, i get the "we're not playing the waiting game anymore" argument, but they should at least have waited to see what drawback Deku gets once his spped quirk timer is up. Since it's apparently a "you gotta end the fight in X minutes or it's all over kinda deal"
will that speed quirk even be in this episode at all though? Considering the research and production for this episode would have been… last year no? It’s the same reason Trunks didn’t get immeasurable.

anyways I have no interest in the next MU, personally I dislike MHA and have no interest in Black Clover. However Deku getting shitstomped by a franchise I don’t particularly care about is a based outcome for me, better than having to watch a character I think is cool like Gon get mogged. I hope the finale is more my speed tho.
Why do I feel this won't end well?
This will do fine. Two of the most popular and casualtastic anime around, both are top 10 shonen jump franchises in terms of success. This MU will do just fine in the algo and reception wise, some hardcores will just be upset.

Meliodas did what
Okay little bit of context. Heavy spoilers for SDS: Meliodas and his lover have been together for thousands of years, but they have been cursed with a cycle of death and rebirth, Whenever his lover dies, she gets reincarnated, and when they find each other again (which they always do), she gets all her memories back of her past life, and that's when the curse kicks in, when she remembers everything, she ends up dying a few days later. And Meli can do nothing to stop it, and he remembers every life they have together (it's hella ****** up), so in the start of the series, they end up reunited and everything (Liz doesn't regain her memories until later), And She's biologically 16 in the story by this point.....And Meli is kinda a perv....So that's where The Pedo Meli stuff comes in (He doesn't end up doing anything too bad, and Liz never really minded it, But out of context it is super sus) Do not that I left out a few details here in there but that is the main gist of it

Okay little bit of context. Heavy spoilers for SDS: Meliodas and his lover have been together for thousands of years, but they have been cursed with a cycle of death and rebirth, Whenever his lover dies, she gets reincarnated, and when they find each other again (which they always do), she gets all her memories back of her past life, and that's when the curse kicks in, when she remembers everything, she ends up dying a few days later. And Meli can do nothing to stop it, and he remembers every life they have together (it's hella ****** up), so in the start of the series, they end up reunited and everything (Liz doesn't regain her memories until later), And She's biologically 16 in the story by this point.....And Meli is kinda a perv....So that's where The Pedo Meli stuff comes in (He doesn't end up doing anything too bad, and Liz never really minded it, But out of context it is super sus) Do not that I left out a few details here in there but that is the main gist of it
Nasty wtf why would one write it like that.

In any case, this has been a season filled with decisions that are bad on paper (no requests, stomps, overriding more "popular" [but only outside the casual circle] requests, etc) that have turned out to be great. How many people here honest to god hate Bond vs Wick, Omni-Man vs Homelander, or Aquaman vs Spongebob? The episode's gonna be just fine, as all episodes this season tend to be.

But the more important question is... Was Sauron vs Arthas kino? Was it raw? Was it GOATed with the sauce?
Nobody at the time had asked for Herakles vs Wukong, and that turned out great, and guaranteed us more myth-based MUs in the future. And I swear we better get Cu Chulainn vs Achilles at some point. Zeus vs Odin is obviously next, so after that.

It's funny how Deku was gonna get a freeway W to a Hard L
You can't really please anyone, if it was Gon everyone woulda been whining about how badly Gon loses everyone was bemoaning him. If it's asta then it's basically the same thing. People act like the character dieing(even in something that's a glorified fanfic) effects there life, like jeez lol.

I like both MHA and HxH but I'm more of a fan for the latter, also for this episode I'm more of a Tolkein fan. Sauron taking the W and Gon dodging a bullet for getting massacred is a win-win scenario for me.

on topic; I wonder how everyone would react if Deku was given the W, given basically everyone said Xeno Trunks stomps Archie Silver and looked how that turned out.

Anyway I just hope Gearshift gets added into the episode, but I'm kinda worried since immeasurable speed Trunks never made it into his episode even as a black box text and it only came out a few weeks ago. Even Ultra Ego for Vegeta was out for like a year before his episode came out so by then it was relatively established in the community compared.

Common Death Battle L
Both got downplayed (?) in speed, both are around country level (as expected)...

How do you like the final blows for the episode? How is that?
L for people waiting for Deku to murder Gon specifically.
Gon is saved for now... but not for long IG.

Deku now faces Asta. And now who is fighting Meliodas?
Can see Arceus vs YHVH a popular choice and picked by Liam.
RIP Arceus vs Amaterasu or King Drasil IG.

You can't really please anyone, if it was Gon everyone woulda been whining about how badly Gon loses everyone was bemoaning him. If it's asta then it's basically the same thing. People act like the character dieing(even in something that's a glorified fanfic) effects there life, like jeez lol.

I like both MHA and HxH but I'm more of a fan for the latter, also for this episode I'm more of a Tolkein fan. Sauron taking the W and Gon dodging a bullet for getting massacred is a win-win scenario for me.

on topic; I wonder how everyone would react if Deku was given the W, given basically everyone said Xeno Trunks stomps Archie Silver and looked how that turned out.
You be surprised at folks thinking Gon beats Deku on YT n shit
But overall Asta vs Deku to me is meh
Not the worst for both but felt had Better but it is what it is

I'm mostly gonna be shit posting on CHADSTA getting his W and Deku meeting His demise

You be surprised at folks thinking Gon beats Deku on YT n shit
But overall Asta vs Deku to me is meh
Not the worst for both but felt had Better but it is what it is

I'm mostly gonna be shit posting on CHADSTA getting his W and Deku meeting His demise
Still woulda preferred Deku vs William Stronghold :p

Arceus vs YHVH kinda falls into that Cirno vs Jack category of "good matchups, but shouldn't be the series introduction". Especially since a lot of the bigger name SMT characters have major requests (Raidou vs John, Demi-Fiend vs Spawn, Luminary vs Flynn, etc ). Realistically, it's a matchup that exists to get Arceus on the show and not a great deal beyond that.

I like how the reason they didn't want to put Gon against Deku was because everyone was bemoaning him and now everyone is bemoaning Deku being put against Asta....
NobodyPanicsEveryoneLosesThereMind.png

DB is biased towards HxH for not wanting to set Gon up to die confirmed
Deku vs Gon connections were never it's strong suit but the animation potential for it was stronger than most of Deku MU

I'll wait to see how DB execute Deku vs Asta in two weeks if they deliver it'll help ease off the anger

And it's understandable HxH is highly popular and Gon doesn't have better options

Deku was Gon best in general

Yeah having Jack v Cirno as SMT or Touhous introduction is equally as bad as having YVHV be SMTs introduction. Starting out with the absolute fodder or absolute god tier of any verse as the series introduction nowadays is just typically a bad idea.

For Touhou starting with Marisa v Yuffie, Sakuya v [Insert Opponent Here], Kasen v Fleetway Sonic, or Reimu v [Insert Opponent Here]. While something like Jack v Cirno, Okina v Stephen, or Yukari v Altair would be horrible intro matches lol

Deku vs Gon connections were never it's strong suit but the animation potential for it was stronger than most of Deku MU

I'll wait to see how DB execute Deku vs Asta in two weeks if they deliver it'll help ease off the anger

And it's understandable HxH is highly popular and Gon doesn't have better options

Deku was Gon best in general
Gon probably has better options, or at least similarly good ones, theyre just buried by Deku v Gon lol. A major popular anime character like that not having multiple major MUs doesn’t line up lol

Gonna copy~paste this here in regards to "bringing him in now of avoiding another 4th Hakuga War Naruto" argument

The creator/writer Horikoshi himself said that the series would be ending by the end of 2022, yes as there have been breaks and his recent statement suggesting it's going to carry into next year over the fact he's gone out of his way of saying that the series is still in the final act, Shigaraki complete and the final confrontation of the major heroes and villains. It's unlikely the series will pull a Naruto effect, best case it spans into 2023.

This still doesn't change the fact, why they simply couldn't postpone the Deku episode till season 10, was there really such a rush of pumping it out now rather than waiting till like April or so where most of the newer feats and quirks and powerups are cemnented both in story and amongst the battle board community, heck the versus community can't even seem to come to an agreement on where MHAs upper echelon power houses like Prime All Might, Complete Shiggy and Peak Deku should be placed. This ain't a Saitama scenario where him becoming stronger wouldn't allow him to defeat a toon force character, this feels like Erza vs Zoro all over again.

Alright got that of my chest lmao.

Last edited:
I'm only going to address this the one time since people have been really weird and toxic towards the staff.

1) Most thematic of Deku's options. People asked for it as a popular alt during the time we were discussing S9 matchups. We did it because people asked. Despite what people say, it was asked for. People were bemoaning Gon as an inevitability and most didn't seem to actually want it. Well I stand corrected apparently.

2) Matchups are decided way way WAY in advance. We knew MHA was nearing its final arc but wasn't sure how long it was going to take. It could have been a 4th Great Ninja War situation for all we knew where it wasn't going to conclude until 2025 at the earliest. (Still unsure if there was even going to be a post-series timeskip or not). No sense in waiting around. Hindsight is 20/20 but it's fine. Cool fight regardless.

3) BC being in its final arc was announced fairly recently. Again, we're not psychics. Certainly not while we were making it.

4) The "most" requested isn't what always happens. SpongeBob VS Super Friends Aquaman shoulda made that clear.

5) No comment. Just gotta wait until the full episode. idk why you thought we'd answer that lol
Yeesh, sorry to hear you guys are getting harassed over this. Choosing one MU over another is a very silly thing to be toxic over. I get being upset but some people seem to be taking it to the next level

Gon probably has better options, or at least similarly good ones, theyre just buried by Deku v Gon lol. A major popular anime character like that not having multiple major MUs doesn’t line up lol
Eh...only other one I can think of is Kid Goku, but that'd require DB to nerf and pick~choose a version of Goku which goes actively against what DB stands for.

edit; Kid Goku still beats Gon lol

I'm mad about the winner
Gonna downvote the ep and subscribe just to unsubcribe.
db is clearly biased.
Amazon must've given them money to rig the fight. The lich king didn't get defeated by some random human cutting his finger off how the hell would he lose to that jobber. The lich king literally just teleports naxxramus on top of him gg ez. The researchers are so stupid why are they bringing up random Twitter posts now? Guess silver loses to trunks because a Twitter post said so now lmao. Clowns you are wiz and broomstick.
Light isn't lightspeed because we said so. But uh James bond and Danny phantom are lightspeed from dodging light based attacks though fr. 🤡

Final comment on the next time, but (and this is the first I'm feeling of an MU this season) I'm not vibing with the next time either like at all for all of the reasons given. Fact it's early asf, Deku's quirks aren't defined and his best feats are literally only a few weeks old, not even a month DB ain't including stuff in the current arc. #Lame2Early #DBCurse

edit; since MHA will be getting more stuff in the future and he's very popular, there's always a chance Deku could come back onto DB for another ep. Or if full power Shigaraki gets used.

We got cucked out of Gru vs Megamind and Simon vs Kyle for this 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back