• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not sure, popular culture trends change so randomly and quickly and in an instant
And we as consumers are fickle
Is pleasing that hardcore fanbase the intent of their content creation? Or is it eternally chasing that channel growth"

Random post i saw

Well, it's their show so technically they can do what they want, but the excuses for ColeAlex suck esp. if they unironically want SWAT Kats on DB.
I'm still ticked they haven't even entertained the idea of having Alex vs Cole as DB yet, and I'm 100% sure it ain't coming next season either 😒
They can afford to not appeal to the normies for one episode.
I guarantee you Cole vs. Alex will still pull at least a million views just because it was Death Battle that made it.
******* Sabrewulf vs. Talbain pulled 2 million.
Besides, not every episode of the season is going to do bankbusters.
Trying to make it so is foolish.

Audience has poor tastes...
Audience can change ideas for no reasons...

Delsin finna show up before Cole 🤣
Because Korra/Rey vs Delsin Rowe is actually a thing right?

And ATLA and Star Wars are far more familiar to the Death Battle crew than Infamous and Prototype.

I'm still ticked they haven't even entertained the idea of having Alex vs Cole as DB yet, and I'm 100% sure it ain't coming next season either 😒
Most likely because Infamous and Prototype are far less popular than expected? Such that the Death Battle crew are not familiar with despite Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath being promoted as a Community Death Battle before?

Yes the crew really have their own strong tastes that may or may not match with the popular demand...

(I need to sleep now tttyl)

Popular, but this MU is really, REALLY growing on me ngl

Heisenbergvs-Kira.png
This match will never not be dumb.

How strong is Ash I’m kinda curious
Depends, he has a shit ton of scaling chains, and also has some insane crossover scaling too, what's crazier is most of his cross overs are considered canon, atleast in regards to the comics, as even the Marvel Zombies cross over is referenced later on and is a stepping stone in his story line so you can basically put him anywhere from mountain+ ( via Freddy Scaling) Marvel Street Tier ( via Marvel Zombies) or whatever Xena and Vampirella scale to, that's also not including him using the Necronomicon or Khandarian dagger

Also just to add, another connection is that not only did they lose and replace their hand, but both actively were the ones who amputated their own hand.

So uh, sauron bros yall might be in trouble, I'm working on the WoW profiles with a few other members and theres multiple planet level feats that the lich king scales to on top of have a wall of resistances that rivals D&D, so unless they buy 3-A sauron hes screwed lol

So uh, sauron bros yall might be in trouble, I'm working on the WoW profiles with a few other members and theres multiple planet level feats that the lich king scales to on top of have a wall of resistances that rivals D&D, so unless they buy 3-A sauron hes screwed lol

I've heard a lot arguments for pro-Sauron being 4-C and even 3-C, I wouldn't count the chickens just yet.

edit; P.S to add the arguments for this I read are Sauron scaling to other Maiar like Arien, who was powerful enough to hold the sun. Sauron predating the 2nd age and before his turn was amongst the upper echelons of Tolkien verses power levels, seeing as other Maiar such as Gandalf he'd scale above supports that.

Also I hardly trust of vs profiles for characters(such as sauron) that are outdated or haven't been revised lul

Last edited:
I've heard a lot arguments for pro-Sauron being 4-C and even 3-C, I wouldn't count the chickens just yet.

edit; P.S to add the arguments for this I read are Sauron scaling to other Maiar like Arien, who was powerful enough to hold the sun. Sauron predating the 2nd age and before his turn was amongst the upper echelons of Tolkien verses power levels, seeing as other Maiar such as Gandalf he'd scale above supports that.

Also I hardly trust of vs profiles for characters(such as sauron) that are outdated or haven't been revised lul
For the record, the tiers and statistics have been revised. Powers, abilities, and descriptions haven't been touched (minus some for the last). 3-A I might argue to be downgraded to 3-B or possibly 3-A.

I have personal reservations on 3-A Sauron (personally I think only Eönwë, Ilmarë, and possibly Ossë should be at that tier within Eä for the Maiar). But there are arguments for it

Star level or Galaxy Sauron is still totally fair to scale him to so not really. Universal is still out on the air if you personally buy it or not

A potentially debatable matchup pog

Star level or Galaxy Sauron is still totally fair to scale him to so not really. Universal is still out on the air if you personally buy it or not
Not too sure where star scaling comes from tbh. There is mention of Ainur other than Varda making stars, but I don't think Sauron, or his classification, is mentioned as part of this group. It only works as a supporting piece of evidence.

Fireside chat coming up on November 2nd and here's the most popular match-ups from the discord. This is based on hearts/reactions. So no actual votes, just reactions.

100+ reactions:
Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (Infamous vs Prototype)
Looking back at this list and the match-ups they didn't even mentioned once that stand out was Kiradachi, SCP-682 vs Doomsday, Jimmy vs Dexter (nominated after this list was posted), and Gru vs Megamind (never actually nominated)

Ben likes Chaos vs Kyogre, Lupin vs Sly, and even went over Kylo Ren vs Edelgard.

You know, having taken a look at the suggested media for Sauron, they've actually highlighted a few interesting areas, including parts which mention Maiar almost as mighty as the Valar, Ainur moving wherever they want to in incorporeal form, Sauron being stronger than the end of First Age Morgoth, the question of magic in Tolkien's verse, etc. I'm beginning to think cosmic tier Sauron has a decent chance here.

Besides that, they do highlight weaknesses such as the ability to take over the Ring if possessing of a mighty enough will, the ability to destroy the Ring if your craft is superior to Sauron, his relative weakness when reconstructing a physical form (if he has already spent a lot of power), etc.

Ignoring that, they've linked other media, (including Third Age where Sauron is "immune" to bind spirit, whatever that means, and Shadow of War where he merges with the spirit of Celebrimbor... that hurts my lore side).

Not sure what stops Chaos Knux from pulling a Hal on Juggs
Its kind of why I wish we'd use specifically Kuurth Juggernaut, he actually has a shit ton of haxthat play into being "unstoppable" usually with the effect being if X Hax is used on Kuurth, it's passively backfired or turned against the opponent as long as Kuurth is moving or passively using Hax on people who try to stop him from moving
Plus it's one of his raddest designs

Its kind of why I wish we'd use specifically Kuurth Juggernaut, he actually has a shit ton of haxthat play into being "unstoppable" usually with the effect being if X Hax is used on Kuurth, it's passively backfired or turned against the opponent as long as Kuurth is moving or passively using Hax on people who try to stop him from moving
Tbh, they might go that route.

the-x-men-tries-to-stop-kuurth-1.jpg

Just some examples, he also completely negates Magneto's powers, someone transmutes his blood to napalm and accidentally just makes a flaming perpetually exploding juggernaut, they try to telepathically shut him down and everyone they use gets instantly put into a coma, they try dropping him down a hole, he just walks on the air as if there wasn't a hole, etc etc, basically the X-Men and any other mutants they could get three whatever they could at him and none of it worked until Colossus stole his Juggernaut powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back