• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AkumaKahn was added after season lineup was picked, so even if it wasn't "rushed" it might have had fast dev cycle.

...It's kinda 6/10 but I still kinda like that one.

God, I just can't love most of best eps but then other times I like mediocre eps, it's weird it keeps happening.

I kinda was 7/10 on BobaPred at first, but I was convinced its 6/10.

Don't think other eps have reached that low this season, tho BondWick did have really bad shots at start I was considering it.

honestly even if they "screw up" the fight in our eyes, I think the casual audience would be pleased if they just deliver a decent death, atmosphere, location, score, and plenty of gore/blood.

It's just two slashers going at it to them

The death may be the most important thing here honestly.

honestly even if they "screw up" the fight in our eyes, I think the casual audience would be pleased if they just deliver a decent death, atmosphere, location, score, and plenty of gore/blood.

It's just two slashers going at it to them
I'm pretty sure 'it's so bad it's good' is kind of the main deal with a lot of slasher films. If Jason vs Michael has that kind of tone, then that just means it fits the brand perfectly.

alright a guy from the official DBD told me this
^ Official Death Battle Discord, they were having a community event in the VC with Ben and Nick playing Dead By Daylight, they started eventually talking about the upcoming episode and Ben said, and I quote "I am excited to show what the animators have done for the episode."

alright a guy from the official DBD told me this
^ Official Death Battle Discord, they were having a community event in the VC with Ben and Nick playing Dead By Daylight, they started eventually talking about the upcoming episode and Ben said, and I quote "I am excited to show what the animators have done for the episode."
So 3D then. Huh. You know, for slasher villains like Jason and Michael, it could actually work pretty well.

42:20 for the member choose a fight next season explanation
So Nov 2nd fireside chat will be the main point when matchups are accepted, then? With a few other methods of accepting them afterwards….

Alright, good to know I’ve got like, a timeframe to try finishing that campaign video. I proooooobably won’t finish any of the blogs I wanted to in time tho lol.

KP told me to post this:
Thumbnail I've made for Sonic vs Kasen
unknown.png

You just described Fleetway's version of Super Sonic to yourself
That’s an accurate descriptor of Fleetway Super Sonic
Yup the "wonderful" world of Fleetway (British) Sonic where the blue blur is simultaneously both the hero and villain of the story, other characters straight up get killed or receive a fate worse than death and Dr Robotnik straight up becomes "god" at one point.

Yup the "wonderful" world of Fleetway (British) Sonic where the blue blur is simultaneously both the hero and villain of the story, other characters straight up get killed or receive a fate worse than death and Dr Robotnik straight up becomes "god" at one point.
Don’t forget about the part where Sonic gets severe PTSD over one of his friends’ death, or when Knuckles sees a man be killed in a stampede, splattered against the floor, or when Tails is offered a sniper rifle to kill Robotnik JFK style by a unicorn, or the fact that basically every main character has used a gun.

Don’t forget about the part where Sonic gets severe PTSD over one of his friends’ death, or when Knuckles sees a man be killed in a stampede, splattered against the floor, or when Tails is offered a sniper rifle to kill Robotnik JFK style by a unicorn, or the fact that basically every main character has used a gun.
Personally, I blame the fact that it's British.

So what you're saying is, expect a break before the final episode. Not how I expected the first Christmas-themed DB, but I'll take it...

Speaking of which, have you ever wondered about how we've never explicitly got a Christmas themed episode? Because knowing the mid-season break, I don't think we'd really question it if H2 is any later to start, to accommodate an episode on the 25th (in a manner of speaking, it's what Raiden vs Excaliber did, by being a week after).

I've also been thinking about chaos vs Makoto Yuki again, as a 'birth of Christ' themed episode, and if they ever wanted to put out an episode on Christmas day, I think that would be a good place to start.

chaos_Yeshua_vs_Makoto_Yuki.png

• Both also have blatant references to both Traditional and Judeo revisions of Christianity. chaos obviously being an (ex-?) follower of Saga's interpretation of Jesus Christ himself, and Messiah as the Judgement Arcana (and Makoto Yuki's very own) Ultimate Persona is a walking reference to the crucifixion. This rolling (pun only slightly intended) into the sacrifices these characters ultimately make for both their friends and their worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back