• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's really ******* cringe of them to put that in the video, they're gonna start a harassment campaign against him what the ****?
It seems to have been done without ill intentions. I know Ink pretty well, and I doubt he'd do something like that on purpose. Though, sometimes he dosn't totally think things through...

Edit: It's worth noting that in my personal experience with the Smash Bracket Discord, Bracket fans are usually pretty chill.

Last edited:
What are the claims that "Omni-Man vs Homelander is more popular than Omni-Man vs Bardock" back then? From what I saw in the previous Twitter comment I see that Omni-Man vs Homelander is basically spite matchup playing with evil weak Superman knockoffs (which people would not mind seeing as DBX sure) while Omni-Man vs Bardock is actually debatable.
because the Mu is taking advantage of the fame of both series, and when the time comes for the Invincible series to end, he will do the same with Omni-Man vs Bardock.

Also some Marvel fans have been massive cry babies in VS talks, Hulk vs Broly shattered some of them and some still talk about that. Marvel fans can produce a lot of salt, which really isnt called out. I guess thats why they got an inferiority complex and that weird hype flexing thats even been happening here, which is why Marvel's been gigabuffed in last couple of years. Since they have been bottom 2 in DB win/loss ratios and have objectively most losses, I cant blame them.
Tbh I’ve met more Dragon Ball fans and OPM fans that are more whiny and touchy about their power levels than Marvel fans.

Last edited:
It seems to have been done without ill intentions. I know Ink pretty well, and I doubt he'd do something like that on purpose. Though, sometimes he dosn't totally think things through...

Edit: It's worth noting that in my personal experience with the Smash Bracket Discord, Bracket fans are usually pretty chill.
I can confirm this

Omni-Man vs Bardock would have been fine match, hell I'd argue it probably would have been better for themes + closer. Vs Homelander is still good/fine tho. The only real advantage is popularity + it brought big views, but those arent good arguments for Vs HL to be better.

Also some Marvel fans have been massive cry babies in VS talks, Hulk vs Broly shattered some of them and some still talk about that. Marvel fans can produce a lot of salt, which really isnt called out. I guess thats why they got an inferiority complex and that weird hype flexing thats even been happening here, which is why Marvel's been gigabuffed in last couple of years. Since they have been bottom 2 in DB win/loss ratios and have objectively most losses, I cant blame them.
I take pleasure trolling them over it

Well there is a possibility they will start treating @Theuser789 as another internet troll.

Unless they are looking back to what Smash Bracket has become.

We shall see.
"Think, Ink" meme intensifies

because the Mu is taking advantage of the fame of both series, and when the time comes for the Invincible series to end, he will do the same with Omni-Man vs Bardock.
We look forward to it.

What are the claims that "Omni-Man vs Homelander is more popular than Omni-Man vs Bardock" back then? From what I saw in the previous Twitter comment I see that Omni-Man vs Homelander is basically spite matchup playing with evil weak Superman knockoffs (which people would not mind seeing as DBX sure) while Omni-Man vs Bardock is actually debatable.
There is next to zero banter potential for Omni-Man vs Bardock compared to Homelander. Omni-Man can easily work off of the latter. Meanwhile Bardock is not known for shittalking. And potential setups for Homelander far outweigh anything Bardock brings to the table. Heck, the only way you’d get them to realistically fight is something y’all were criticizing Omnilander for: making Omni-Man ignore his character development.
This isn’t necessarily for Jason but for the peeps still whining that we didn’t get Bardock instead. Now most of y’all aren’t that. You still appreciate that Omnilander happened. But for those who are bad faith acting for Omnilander because you preferred Omnidock, this response goes out to them.

Most I know didn't care about Vegeta nor Black's Ls the best you'll get with DB fans salt is in YouTube or Twitter
There’s a few stragglers here and there but for the most part, DB dudes, while they aren’t chill, they realized that DB isn’t the strongest, given they’ve had years to process the two Goku vs Supermans and Kirby vs Buu. That said, when you see salt, it is major. Like…multi+ while simultaneously downplaying their opponent to planet if not lower.

Betting on Either being the Big HXH MU this season
rao8s0o8tcv81.jpg
dexo8b4-65559f0a-8706-414b-ab2a-086292cf8088.png

There’s a few stragglers here and there but for the most part, DB dudes, while they aren’t chill, they realized that DB isn’t the strongest, given they’ve had years to process the two Goku vs Supermans and Kirby vs Buu. That said, when you see salt, it is major. Like…multi+ while simultaneously downplaying their opponent to planet if not lower.
on garbage sites like Spacebattles and such yeah

Bardock was still a guy who plundered Planets killing thousands
not really impossible to start with both
Yeah. Was. It would be ignoring his development as well if he arrived on earth to conquer/destroy earth. Granted, I’m sure we all would rather have FoG Bardock and his unrepentant self.

Even then, any opening is the most basic thing anyone who’s ever picked up a pen could come with, compared to what we got, which is totally something Homelander would do.

But still, Bardock is the most Dragon Ball-y Dragon Ball character. He has nothing unique to him in that franchise, and he’d for certain get SSJ1 over Great Ape. And again, unlike say, Cell or Vegeta or Frieza, or heck even Krillin, Bardock doesn’t banter. Omni-Man is known for his lines. And final point, if Bardock wins, and he probably would, it would be just another vaporization death, compared to Omni-Man and Homelander being known for their brutality.

Y’all will get Bardock when he fights Minato and possibly loses in a major upset.

Probably should say that this isn’t also directed to Tipper17. It’s just my thoughts on Omnidock, and the first paragraph, which was, gave me a chance to go into it further.

There is next to zero banter potential for Omni-Man vs Bardock compared to Homelander. Omni-Man can easily work off of the latter. Meanwhile Bardock is not known for shittalking. And potential setups for Homelander far outweigh anything Bardock brings to the table. Heck, the only way you’d get them to realistically fight is something y’all were criticizing Omnilander for: making Omni-Man ignore his character development.
This isn’t necessarily for Jason but for the peeps still whining that we didn’t get Bardock instead. Now most of y’all aren’t that. You still appreciate that Omnilander happened. But for those who are bad faith acting for Omnilander because you preferred Omnidock, this response goes out to them.
Bardock and Omni-Man are both members of warrior races. And honestly, Bardock died not particularly chill. Bardock could easily be the instigator, or it could be a sparring match that both sides got into too much.

In hindsight, I think Omnilander is good for where Omni-Man and Homelander are now in their respective shows. But I still think Bardock is significantly better for Omni-Man by the end of his story. Still, said story is still being adapted, and as such will probably be relevant again sometime soon, so I think doing this matchup now is fine, as long as a matchup more fitting for the end of Omni-Man's story is done later once his story has been fully adapted.

Betting on Either being the Big HXH MU this season
rao8s0o8tcv81.jpg
dexo8b4-65559f0a-8706-414b-ab2a-086292cf8088.png
Neat.
Gon dies to Deku
Killua dies to Akame (and dies to alternatives like Black Star or Sasuke or Hiei - his only W is from Damian Wayne)
Even Meruem may die to Kars (he dies to Cell)
Does Hisoka die to Gambit too?

Y’all will get Bardock when he fights Minato and possibly loses in a major upset.
Faster low 4-C dying to slower low 6-B? What? How?

But still, Bardock is the most Dragon Ball-y Dragon Ball character. He has nothing unique to him in that franchise, and he’d for certain get SSJ1 over Great Ape. And again, unlike say, Cell or Vegeta or Frieza, or heck even Krillin, Bardock doesn’t banter. Omni-Man is known for his lines. And final point, if Bardock wins, and he probably would, it would be just another vaporization death, compared to Omni-Man and Homelander being known for their brutality.
and Dragon Ball isn't?
w6LBSXs.jpg
EFlO10bW4AAlMDR.jpg
ENT891gXsAA3qAo.jpg:large

Dragon ball was doing this shit before Invincible was even a thing
Old School DBZ+Invincible Brutality would be a hit
reading the Manga there was tons of Brutal and Goreish Moments so acting like we can't have that in a fight like Bardock and Nolan is laughable especially where Vegeta had his head Caved in with Thor

and we had the entire Bat Family and various spider folks who barely offer anything new so really no the argument to stand on
Shit take, thank you very much. We got the only good DB vs Naruto match and now we don't need any more.
^

Bardock and Omni-Man are both members of warrior races. And honestly, Bardock died not particularly chill. Bardock could easily be the instigator, or it could be a sparring match that both sides got into too much.

In hindsight, I think Omnilander is good for where Omni-Man and Homelander are now in their respective shows. But I still think Bardock is significantly better for Omni-Man by the end of his story. Still, said story is still being adapted, and as such will probably be relevant again sometime soon, so I think doing this matchup now is fine, as long as a matchup more fitting for the end of Omni-Man's story is done later once his story has been fully adapted.
agreed

and Dragon Ball isn't?
w6LBSXs.jpg
EFlO10bW4AAlMDR.jpg
ENT891gXsAA3qAo.jpg:large

Dragon ball was doing this shit before Invincible was even a thing
Old School DBZ+Invincible Brutality would be a hit
reading the Manga there was tons of Brutal and Goreish Moments so acting like we can't have that in a fight like Bardock and Nolan is laughable especially where Vegeta had his head Caved in with Thor

and we had the entire Bat Family and various spider folks who barely offer anything new so really no the argument to stand on

^
Something I kinda want is Omniman and Bardock to really **** eachother up, maybe have Omniman have some of his skin burn off from the ki blast and then have Bardock get Tien’d and get his arm cut off by Omniman

Few things.

Bats and Spiders. Barely =/= literally nothing at all. Miles can electrocute. Gwen can turn invisible. Miguel has AI in his suit. Bardock has literally nothing we haven’t seen before from the other DB dudes. And again, they all act differently. Even for the bats, Terry can fly, Jason has guns, and Dick has his sticks and acrobatics. Bruce and Babs are night and day in personality and work off their opponents in different ways. Also like…nobody likes BatGwen lol. But you’re going to have zero good interactions with Bardock and Nolan. Banter isn’t needed, a lot of good early season episodes lacked it, but it does make an episode better. You’re not gonna see Bardock fry Nolan’s wife and threaten him with it.

DBZ brutality: it existing doesn’t mean it’s known for it, especially with western audiences. A lot of it was cut from the anime. Gero decapitating that civilian and Gohan goring the Cell Jrs. Boys and Invincible had it every episode, if not every other episode. DBZ has it once a series, and nowadays in the Super era, it doesn’t even show blood. Not to mention none of it is Bardock doing it. While Omni-Man and Homelander are directly responsible for a large portion of the gore in their franchise.

I’m not necessarily saying Omnidock is a bad episode idea. I’m saying that Omnilander as an idea is better.

Bardock has literally nothing we haven’t seen before from the other DB dudes.
Bardock, in FighterZ at least, is a primarily close-quarters fighter with limited Ki blasts aside from his blue ball that did nothing to Frieza and has gone through probably half a dozen names. That means we can get a fantastically choreographed close-quarters fight instead of a fight where it feels like Omni-Man needs to weave his way through a storm of projectiles.

Limitation is the mother of innovation.

Since Bardock and Nolan are both highly trained fighters, we could get something beautiful choreography-wise

Bats and Spiders. Barely =/= literally nothing at all. Miles can electrocute. Gwen can turn invisible. Miguel has AI in his suit. Bardock has literally nothing we haven’t seen before from the other DB dudes. And again, they all act differently. Even for the bats, Terry can fly, Jason has guns, and Dick has his sticks and acrobatics. Bruce and Babs are night and day in personality and work off their opponents in different ways. Also like…nobody likes BatGwen lol. But you’re going to have zero good interactions with Bardock and Nolan. Banter isn’t needed, a lot of good early season episodes lacked it, but it does make an episode better. You’re not gonna see Bardock fry Nolan’s wife and threaten him with it.
tbf Omnilander worked mainly from HL knowing who Nolan is which made it easier to work for
if it was a random fight we know Nolan wouldn't remotely Banter at all

sure they had a few thing that stand them out But really outside of Miles and Dick and Jason there weren't all that different at there core
DBZ brutality: it existing doesn’t mean it’s known for it, especially with western audiences. A lot of it was cut from the anime. Gero decapitating that civilian and Gohan goring the Cell Jrs. Boys and Invincible had it every episode, if not every other episode. DBZ has it once a series, and nowadays in the Super era, it doesn’t even show blood. Not to mention none of it is Bardock doing it. While Omni-Man and Homelander are directly responsible for a large portion of the gore in their franchise.
Sure but doesn't mean you can't have it in the fight it wouldn't pop eyes in a lol what? to see both Members of Warrior races beating the shit outta each other in good ole bloody brawl
I’m not necessarily saying Omnidock is a bad episode idea. I’m saying that Omnilander as an idea is better.
i understand and obviously made sense to do given both series popularity at this time

Best For HL easy
Best for Nolan? outside Evil Superman quota not really
but like i said i can wait a few seasons for it
Bardock, in FighterZ at least, is a primarily close-quarters fighter with limited Ki blasts aside from his blue ball that did nothing to Frieza and has gone through probably half a dozen names. That means we can get a fantastically choreographed close-quarters fight instead of a fight where it feels like Omni-Man needs to weave his way through a storm of projectiles.

Limitation is the mother of innovation.

Since Bardock and Nolan are both highly trained fighters, we could get something beautiful choreography-wise
that too

tbf Omnilander worked mainly from HL knowing who Nolan is which made it easier to work for
if it was a random fight we know Nolan wouldn't remotely Banter at all

sure they had a few thing that stand them out But really outside of Miles and Dick and Jason there weren't all that different at there core

Sure but doesn't mean you can't have it in the fight it wouldn't pop eyes in a lol what? to see both Members of Warrior races beating the shit outta each other in good ole bloody brawl

i understand and obviously made sense to do given both series popularity at this time

Best For HL easy
Best for Nolan? outside Evil Superman quota not really
but like i said i can wait a few seasons for it

that too
Huh. Guess we can agree to uh…agree?

Something about Omnilander’s title card is really weirding me out. I think it’s cause for some reason they use Comic Omni-Man and live action Homelander which is just weird. Like, why not both of their comic versions? Or both of their cartoon versions? Or better yet, Cartoon Nolan and Live action Homelander since that’s the forms they’re both most well known for.

It’s a good time too since the manga is coming back
Let’s all pray for Togashi’s well being tho 🙏
By well being you mean he is concentrating on his work or allocating his work to good disciples?

regardless HXH is due for DB and this season is the best case for one
A start with Gon vs Deku or Meruem vs Kars or Hisoka vs Gambit or a Killua MU?
Which is most likely as the first representative?

I'm sure Omni-Man vs Bardock will happen eventually, I do stand with DB doing Omnilander first, it was the right call.
I just wish there was more gore and explicit collateral damage in the fight. I don’t mind it being short, but some more stuff should’ve been done. Also they wasted the sex feat on this episode killing Buffy and Travis’ chances which is an L on Ben’s part.

I just wish there was more gore and explicit collateral damage in the fight. I don’t mind it being short, but some more stuff should’ve been done. Also they wasted the sex feat on this episode killing Buffy and Travis’ chances which is an L on Ben’s part.
What stops them from introducing more sex feats?

What really stops them is that Buffy the Vampire Slayer and No More Heroes series are losing their popularity over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back