• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bj5xmkci7m191.jpg

There is also MHA to be done
As MHA is about to end while HXH has a long way to go...

The best bet of a HXH matchup will be one with a representative already dead in its own story.

Akame’s best matchup is Katana. It would be really good to see a “single hit kills” matchup, as the closest we got to that was Shredder vs Silver Samurai. If Akame cuts Katana, Katana dies to the poison. Katana cuts Akame, Akame gets her soul sucked out.
This is blessed and cursed as the same time.
Like a quick but intense swordlady fight.

Something Omni-Man and Homelander may laugh over together.

Katana is DC's best girl but she hasn't been popular (If she even was) since 2016. Shame since she's hot as all hell
I mean i get the vibe but like if your asking if either Akame or Katana would be strong enough to carry an episode by themselves then lol good luck

Killua is the better bet for Akame view wise

Akame could carry an episode, people love their edgy anime and want Akame to cut their **** off
Based and yeah less popular series usually compensate by having loyal fanbases, see Jon Talbain VS Sabrewulf somehow getting more views than Heihachi VS Geese, Steven VS Star and as many views as Batgirl VS Spider-Gwen
But Batter has Chara
It's LITERALLY the exact same matchup but worse

Based and yeah less popular series usually compensate by having loyal fanbases, see Jon Talbain VS Sabrewulf somehow getting more views than Heihachi VS Geese, Steven VS Star and as many views as Batgirl VS Spider-Gwen
Jon vs Sabrewulf has the advantage of exposure, like you scroll down a comment section of every episode of Death Battle prior to its release and you'd see it being requested. So people probably watched just to see why people were so invested in having this episode happen.

Tbf, S7 eps should in general have better views than S8 due to being available to watch for longer time.

If newer season ep does better than older season one, its either sign of badly doing old ep or new ep doing well.

So i recently found out about this MU and not gonna lie, i like it alot
alnrcni511c81.jpg

Yukari Yakumo vs Morrigan Aensland (Touhou vs Darkstalkers)
Connections:
Two anti heroines who have the position of an authorative power over their respective dimension to maintain the balance of it (Morrigan being the queen of the makai and Yukari being the youkai sage of gensokyo). Despite the human world being hard to access for other beings, both Morrigan and Yukari have an ability that allows them to traverse to the human world and back to their own dimension (Yukari's boundary manipulation and Morrigan's translocational ability). This is intrinsic to their characters as whole because both have done this for the mere fact that they want to learn more about the human world whether comes on to how they behave and the technology they use. Despite their titles and the nature of them as creatures (Morrigan being a succubus and Yukari being a youkai) both are easily approachable by other monsters and humans and are considered relatively friendly thanks to the fact that they both take frequent visits to the human world. Both are over 1000 years old (which adds to them being much older than they look). Both have a physiology thanks to the type of creatures they are that's dependent on something in order to survive (youkai's in general are dependent on human thoughts and emotions of fear of belief in order to continue existing and succubus in the Aensland family secrete a specific liquid to maintain their life force). Both have a rivalry with vampires (Yukari while unexplained has been confirmed to have a rivalry with Remilia and Morrigan has a rivalry with Demitri). Both first took on the position of being antagonists towards the heroes but later on helped them in situations where their dimensions are in danger, alongside their relationship with the protagonists (Reimu and Demitri) still aren't considered friendly on the protagonists end. The dimension they control is fulled with different kinds of creatures ranging from vampires, werewolfs, fairies, onis and more therefore still fitting the halloween theme of a battle like morrigans other matchups. They both have a contrast in which despite Morrigan being the ruler of the makai she barely attends to her duties while Yukari is dead serious about her title as the sage of gensokyo. Regardless while this contrast is true if either of their respective dimensions are in danger they will both attend to the issue and resolve it.
P.S. I think Altair is an objectively better MU for Yukari but this might be my personal favorite for Yukari, just because i actually know both Yukari and Morrigan, while i didn't know who Altair was until i discovered the MU itself.

Frisk vs the batter is the best for both (honestly Ness has raz) , while Chara feels like a worse replacement for frisk.
I know nobody asked but I'm going to make a comparison of both, correct me if I'm wrong
Connections
VS Frisk:
  • Stoic Indie RPG Protagonists (Duh)
  • Thrown into an unknown world (Frisk fell to the underground so they know jackshit about it and The Batter was created the moment the game began so he has no idea what to do besides purifying it).
  • Wipe off most of said world's population with the guidance of another entity (Chara and The Player respectively and yes the player is canon in OFF).
  • Their journey ends with facing and killing the judges of their worlds in an attempt to save what little is left of it and once again getting help from Chara and the player to finally destroy it.
VS Chara:
  • They're from Indie RPGs
  • They destroy the world
lol
Animation Potential:
VS Frisk:
  • Frisk can use a knife, a dagger, a gun, boxing gloves, a notebook, a pan, any in-game items, the Temmie armor that gives them very slow and limited regen (Unavailable in the Geno route but you could include it anyway) and save points.
  • Batter has a Bat, healing, in-game items, weird elemental attacks and listing everything the Add-Ons can do would make this list too big.
VS Chara:
  • Chara has a knife, maybe save points, in-game items if you're feeling generous and destroying the game, that's it
  • Batter still has everything I mentioned.
Debate:
Both are stomps if you buy Batter being lightspeed and above, sure Chara can actually kill Batter but at least Frisk has actual speed feats lol

Also the music potential is the same and Determined to Purify is epic

alnrcni511c81.jpg

Connections:
Two anti heroines who have the position of an authorative power over their respective dimension to maintain the balance of it (Morrigan being the queen of the makai and Yukari being the youkai sage of gensokyo). Despite the human world being hard to access for other beings, both Morrigan and Yukari have an ability that allows them to traverse to the human world and back to their own dimension (Yukari's boundary manipulation and Morrigan's translocational ability). This is intrinsic to their characters as whole because both have done this for the mere fact that they want to learn more about the human world whether comes on to how they behave and the technology they use. Despite their titles and the nature of them as creatures (Morrigan being a succubus and Yukari being a youkai) both are easily approachable by other monsters and humans and are considered relatively friendly thanks to the fact that they both take frequent visits to the human world. Both are over 1000 years old (which adds to them being much older than they look). Both have a physiology thanks to the type of creatures they are that's dependent on something in order to survive (youkai's in general are dependent on human thoughts and emotions of fear of belief in order to continue existing and succubus in the Aensland family secrete a specific liquid to maintain their life force). Both have a rivalry with vampires (Yukari while unexplained has been confirmed to have a rivalry with Remilia and Morrigan has a rivalry with Demitri). Both first took on the position of being antagonists towards the heroes but later on helped them in situations where their dimensions are in danger, alongside their relationship with the protagonists (Reimu and Demitri) still aren't considered friendly on the protagonists end. The dimension they control is fulled with different kinds of creatures ranging from vampires, werewolfs, fairies, onis and more therefore still fitting the halloween theme of a battle like morrigans other matchups. They both have a contrast in which despite Morrigan being the ruler of the makai she barely attends to her duties while Yukari is dead serious about her title as the sage of gensokyo. Regardless while this contrast is true if either of their respective dimensions are in danger they will both attend to the issue and resolve it.
P.S. I think Altair is an objectively better MU for Yukari but this might be my personal favorite for Yukari, just because i actually know both Yukari and Morrigan, while i didn't know who Altair was until i discovered the MU itself.
Nice, I like it. Yukari has a lot of MUs that fall into the 'actually pretty good' category and this is one of them. Although, it's a bit of a stomp in Yukari's favor, but then again it's pretty hard to find fair MUs for her.

I mean, Chara makes it more fair
Unless you’re willing to composite them
Yeah I'd use the Geno route for connections and the fight and allow them feats from the entire game
Not that Sans vs Judge kills off the chances of Frist vs The Batter, but wouldn't they want to do Sans' episode first
There is a sourcelessbuttotallyrealtrustmebro™ rumor that Ben likes Sans VS The Judge so probably

alnrcni511c81.jpg

Connections:
Morrigan’s dying but it’s not to Yukari. It’s either to Etna, Bayonetta, or…sigh…

Arcueid

Yeah, when you have a character who's main power is manipulating everything, it's pretty hard to find a fair MU for that character
It's either "Manipulating everything vs Manipulating a few things" or "Manipulating everything vs Manipulating everything but way ******* better". Which is why Yukari vs Altair (and maybe Magneto?) is so good. It's actually an OP character vs an OP character with neither being clearly more OP than the other.

It's either "Manipulating everything vs Manipulating a few things" or "Manipulating everything vs Manipulating everything but way ******* better". Which is why Yukari vs Altair (and maybe Magneto?) is so good. It's actually an OP character vs an OP character with neither being clearly more OP than the other.
How about Yukari vs Kumagawa? Manipulating everything vs erasing everything?

Yukari’s biggest MU that has a chance of happening is Giratina Ajimu from Medaka Box.
Yukari vs Giratina better not ******* happen. I have not seen even a single connection between the two, aside from maybe "they're reality warpers and also kinda creepy". Ajimu is fine, I guess. Could be fun.

How about Yukari vs Kumagawa? Manipulating everything vs erasing everything?
Also fine, but what is it with Yukari and Medaka Box matches?

What are the connections between Magneto and Yukari btw? Besides them being members of oppressed species

What are the connections between Magneto and Yukari btw? Besides them being members of oppressed species
Members of humanoid races feared and hated by humanity, who both have control over fundamental forces of reality which lets them do basically anything (electromagnetism and boundaries), both of them are creators of safe havens for their respective races (Gensosha for mutants and Gensokyo for youkai), both have a complicated relationship with someone they share a common goal with, but eventually split from due to idealogical differences, though they may still work together at times (Charles and Kasen), and both have similar purple color schemes. Not super deep or anything, but the connections are there.

Members of humanoid races feared and hated by humanity, who both have control over fundamental forces of reality which lets them do basically anything (electromagnetism and boundaries), both of them are creators of safe havens for their respective races (Gensosha for mutants and Gensokyo for youkai), both have a complicated relationship with someone they share a common goal with, but eventually split from due to idealogical differences, though they may still work together at times (Charles and Kasen), and both have similar purple color schemes. Not super deep or anything, but the connections are there.
Ok, i guess, it is better than Magneto vs doctor Polaris and Yukari vs Giratina, i'll give it credit for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back