• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you're worring about relevancy, i would like to remember you that Cell hasn't be relevant in the series for a long time, its not like with Frieza that he returned back to Super or Piccolo who will return in the new movie as part of the main cast.
Yeah but doesn't he also have a game almost entirely revolving around him releasing soon.
By this logic, should some crew actually want to invite Yukari Yakumo into Death Battle... see how many portal manipulation characters we have and how popular they are.
(By this logic we may actually have Tetsuo Shima vs Magneto or Mewtwo on the "bright" side.)
I find Altair to be Yukari's best opponent but honestly within "normie" popularity, Monika is her most popular opponent last I checked.
xpqCJ3QiPskdypUWu9-zcwh4SWtM24Jtfp-ySOX9bww.jpg
Kirby height differences also typically don't really matter in animation since nobody actually pays attention to the fact that Kirby is only 8 inches tall, Smash never cared, and the Kirby series itself doesn't care since he typically fights creatures much, much larger than he is in his own games. He's one of the biggest examples of a series that generally escapes the small size weirdness.

Kirby height differences also typically don't really matter in animation since nobody actually pays attention to the fact that Kirby is only 8 inches tall, Smash never cared, and the Kirby series itself doesn't care since he typically fights creatures much, much larger than he is in his own games. He's one of the biggest examples of a series that generally escapes the small size weirdness.
Yeah that helps as well especially when seeing Buu vs Kirby the size difference really isn't an issue
I also saw too many "who is Jinx?" comments suggesting that despite Arcane's popularity, Jinx is still obscure to many people so a chunk of the audience wasn't interested.
now thinking about it that makes sense

Yeah that helps as well especially when seeing Buu vs Kirby the size difference really isn't an issue
Given Kirby is 20 cm tall and Fat Buu is "only" 183 cm tall (152 cm as Kid Buu), we now have roughly 9 times as the threshold for size difference.
And Kirby is a fat blob. (So is Fat Buu)
(And Kirby and Dedede can inhale to make themselves much bigger so that is almost a non-issue - remember how Dedede is shown at times to be bigger than Wario despite their official size.)
Meanwhile Magneto stands 6'2" (1.88 m) and Tetsuo stands 1.63 m and EVA-01 stands 140 ft (42.672 m) so we know which pair have a better looking size similarity. Even Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam have a less size difference.

I also saw too many "who is Jinx?" comments suggesting that despite Arcane's popularity, Jinx is still obscure to many people so a chunk of the audience wasn't interested.
now thinking about it that makes sense
Well more like LOL is popular within the MOBA circle but not quite outside the MOBA world.

Last edited:
Not to say many global audience are not as rich as "some" audience who has currently been affording ~US$2.99 on something watching free (and the wider global audience likely would not be hanging around during those critical / precious moments which is what the perks are really giving).
That said, I feel sorry because normal audience would really feel too much to commission a song for US$250 up one off (or joining the commission every 3 months plan for US$99.99 per month, paying US$299.97 for 3 months)
basically this, but still you can influence a little bit so that people can like your mu and get a music track lol
Paying a price about a Nintendo Switch (~US$300) to "influence a little bit so that people can like your mu and get a music track lol" or "raise to the crew that this MU actually makes money for the Death Battle crew". 2 or 3 songs and we have a PS 5 ($750 up). The games are usually US$59.99 up. So...
But for the other options... For most benefits per dollar, we either should pay less than two cup noodles for the credits or save up one Switch every 3 months on having a commissioned song. Or just US$200 to $300 direct for better financial planning.

Last edited:
Paying a price about a Nintendo Switch (~US$300) to "influence a little bit so that people can like your mu and get a music track lol" or "raise to the crew that this MU actually makes money for the Death Battle crew". 2 or 3 songs and we have a PS 5. The games are usually US$59.99 up. So...
But for the other options... For most benefits per dollar, we either should pay less than two cup noodles for the credits or one Switch every 3 months on having a commissioned song. Or just US$200 to $300 direct for better financial planning.
I'm surprised how we got to this point in the conversation, it's funny to tell you the truth, as I didn't expect to talk about money in a thread about characters fighting each other.

Honestly, you should all take the perspective pill I took week ago.

Go to Rooster Teeth's YouTube channel lmao

Death Battle DESTROYS all other shows in views at RT YouTube. All of them. Even Macho vs Kool Aid is a bonafide hit compared to them.

So unless DB is too expensive, it should be easily doing well. unless everything else gets merch sales which DB might lack

aaaand if RT gets out of business I guess
This is sounding like what happened to Screwattack all over again.

This is sounding like what happened to Screwattack all over again
To be fair, Roosterteeth is also posting content that people will follow like RWBY, Red vs Blue, Camp Camp, (Give me Nomad of Nowhere season 2 goddamn it). You also have to take in the fact that most people watch Roosterteeth content via the Roosterteeth website since it comes to Youtube much, much later.

Though I do miss Evil Craig

This is sounding like what happened to Screwattack all over again.
We are not far off... Rooster Teeth may plan to sell Death Battle back to original Screwattack Inc crew. Or Warner Bros sell Rooster Teeth altogether to original Screwattack Inc crew.

To be fair, Roosterteeth is also posting content that people will follow like RWBY, Red vs Blue, Camp Camp, (Give me Nomad of Nowhere season 2 goddamn it). You also have to take in the fact that most people watch Roosterteeth content via the Roosterteeth website since it comes to Youtube much, much later.

Though I do miss Evil Craig
IIRC has Evil Craig not been transferred to Game Attack or something? Like Nick Cramer was transferred to The Know before the "The Know" and the crew were cancelled and then Nick rejoined the Death Battle crew?

Hey is Reimu vs Richter Belmont a good matchup? I know they’re both matched against Johnny and that’s about it
Doesn't seem like they have any major connections beyond 'fights monsters/demons', which is kinda flimsy. Though then again, I don't know much about Richter so I can't say for certain. I would say it's close enough to be interesting regardless but as of the recent Castlevania buffs that'd be a bold faced lie. Only a matter of time until Touhou catches up, though :v

what I know from my little knowledge of both series I think the animation potential could be cool, but if it only has few connections the matchup is probably completely bogie.

Reimu's MUs all have good animation potential, she has a lot of fun stuff to work with that I'd love to see represented more. Passive spatial hax, illusion creation, perception manipulation, etc.

I think so, but that might be overtaken by Yoh vs Yusuke. Reimu's most popular alternative is Madoka which is just... why... Not even because it's a stomp, but from what I've seen it has like no good connections.

Hey is Reimu vs Richter Belmont a good matchup? I know they’re both matched against Johnny and that’s about it
Doesn't seem like they have any major connections beyond 'fights monsters/demons', which is kinda flimsy. Though then again, I don't know much about Richter so I can't say for certain. I would say it's close enough to be interesting regardless but as of the recent Castlevania buffs that'd be a bold faced lie. Only a matter of time until Touhou catches up, though :v
Well Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomoto or poor Yusuke Urameshi and Richter Belmont has Terra (Kingdom Hearts) or Chrom (Fire Emblem).

And which Johnny are you talking about?

Reimu's MUs all have good animation potential, she has a lot of fun stuff to work with that I'd love to see represented more. Passive spatial hax, illusion creation, perception manipulation, etc.
Sure. TBH I actually honestly want Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomoto.
Both are red and white magical girls (or girls with great spiritual or magical powers whatever), both fight under a sort of spell card system, both try to resolve incidents caused by monsters. Both are argued to be sort of cosmic level to multiverse level in raw power. Both have walls of hax to play around.
This battle will be legendary.

While Reimu is most matched against Madoka and poor Yusuke, I still see Reimu vs Sakura is one MU quite some have overlooked. Not to say this free Yusuke against Yoh and Madoka against Usagi.

And which Johnny are you talking about?
The Joestar
I think so, but that might be overtaken by Yoh vs Yusuke. Reimu's most popular alternative is Madoka which is just... why... Not even because it's a stomp, but from what I've seen it has like no good connections.
if I’m gonna be honest, I have a feeling Yusuke is gonna fight Ichigo, something’s telling me it’s gonna be that. Also I don’t want Madoka to fight Reimu either, save her for Moon or Nanashi

if I’m gonna be honest, I have a feeling Yusuke is gonna fight Ichigo, something’s telling me it’s gonna be that. Also I don’t want Madoka to fight Reimu either, save her for Moon or Nanashi
IIRC the crew said they didn't wanna bring Ichigo back? I may be misremembering but I could've sworn somebody else in here brought that up.

Also Madoka vs Moon seems more likely imo

The Joestar
Joseph: Oh~ no~
IIRC the crew said they didn't wanna bring Ichigo back? I may be misremembering but I could've sworn somebody else in here brought that up.

Yeah Madoka vs Moon or Nanashi

BTW I am fine Ichigo Kurosaki, Yoh Asakura or Yusuke Urameshi fight each other.

I'll have to look more into Reimu Hakurei vs Sakura Kinomoto later
Do dig into this. IMO this is one great MU. Oh... I need to save money on that now.

From the aftermath of sasuke vs Hiei S6 mind you they thought it was pointless to do Yusuke vs Ichigo
Granted shit changed so who knows

From the aftermath of sasuke vs Hiei S6 mind you they thought it was pointless to do Yusuke vs Ichigo
Granted shit changed so who knows
Yeah the Yusuke ~= Hiei > Sasuke ~= Naruto > Ichigo logic

Except by Madara vs Aizen, Sasuke ~= Naruto > Ichigo > Yusuke ~= Hiei so who knows
We may even have for whatever reasons Yhwach > Kaguya and people would yell for why 3rd Naruto vs Bleach MU.
(Spoken from one who would like to actually watch the awfully "good" Kabuto vs Kaname.)

Last edited:
"Sorry we couldnt use Asura, but maybe we'll do it later, Asura vs Might Guy sounds like good match."

I know they dont want to make fans who expect some characters sad, but that was nooot a good reply lol
That and besides, comparing a cosmic god to a barely surface wiping character itself is an insult - to both the characters.

Sounds cool, both are low 2-C at peak, both got reality hax and both like to melee others, though dio uses his hax more often, also both come from timelines where they succeded their objectives.

Magneto stands 6'2" (1.88 m) and Tetsuo stands 1.63 m and EVA-01 stands 140 ft (42.672 m) so we know which pair have a better looking size similarity. Even Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam have a less size difference.
Even if the height difference is jarring, the way Tetsuo fights makes up for it as he relies on destructive power regardless of the area arond him.

Even then, he can use the collateral damage around him to fight Shinji. Alternatively, he can use the debris to theoretically build a super golem or even fight using the fetus form to clash with the Eva.

Luffy has entered the chat
Eh Natsu kinda takes it if you buy the moon thing
Without it's close
"Sorry we couldnt use Asura, but maybe we'll do it later, Asura vs Might Guy sounds like good match."

I know they dont want to make fans who expect some characters sad, but that was nooot a good reply lol
That was Sam who said that not the crew
What they smoking? Gotta give that to some friends to have it too
Look above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back