• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell still has . massive popularity in the west and stuff like DBZA and Devil Artemis sure as help matters

Now let's look at his top three opponents

Dark Samus- is one of Cell most popular Options, folks probably are familiar with her via Smash Moreso

Super-Skrull-outside MVC3 hasn't relevant in years and while Skrulls made an appearance in the MCU there not exactly a hot commodity
Kinda relying on brand name MVC3 nostalgia

Omega Zero- really not that relevant not even like Sigma case would rely heavily on brand name alone
Doomsday - possibly most thematic

Cell still has . massive popularity in the west and stuff like DBZA and Devil Artemis sure as help matters

Now let's look at his top three opponents

Dark Samus- is one of Cell most popular Options, folks probably are familiar with her via Smash Moreso

Super-Skrull-outside MVC3 hasn't relevant in years and while Skrulls made an appearance in the MCU there not exactly a hot commodity
Kinda relying on brand name MVC3 nostalgia

Omega Zero- really not that relevant not even like Sigma case would rely heavily on brand name alone
If we count sheer normie popularity, Cell is fighting Meruem and Frieza is fighting Mewtwo (and I mean even Frieza vs Megatron may look awkward).

Cell vs Copy X or Omega may get its popularity thanks for the clinging popularity of Mega Man. But again, Mega Man Zero is far less popular than the main five (classic, X, Dash/Legends, Battle Network, Star Force). So do not put too much hype or hope on it.

Popular character > requested character
Remember Yoda vs Mickey?
By this logic, should some crew actually want to invite Yukari Yakumo into Death Battle... see how many portal manipulation characters we have and how popular they are.
(By this logic we may actually have Tetsuo Shima vs Magneto or Mewtwo on the "bright" side.)

Dude's popular in the west but Frieza still has a noticeable edge in that regards because, well, he's Frieza.
Nowadays, probably.

Do I remember it wrong, but in west Frieza really didnt get as much hype as Cell in old DBZ days. Frieza kind of got joked a bit, at least by say Dragon Ball Multiverse fan comic and whatnot. DBS massively helped Frieza for west.

Nowadays, probably.

Do I remember it wrong, but in west Frieza really didnt get as much hype as Cell in old DBZ days. Frieza kind of got joked a bit, at least by say Dragon Ball Multiverse fan comic and whatnot. DBS massively helped Frieza for west.
Nah Frieza was always more popular, kinda by proxy of his saga also being the most popular in the series. Dragon Ball Multiverse jokes were mostly about how much of a non threat he became not too long after his own saga (Plus nothing from multiverse should ever be taken seriously anyway).

It'll be 2016 all over again.
What happened in 2016?
What I'm really debating is whether they should hire Devil Artemis or Takahata 101 to voice cell
Both are equally as good, but I'm leaning towards Devil Artemis since Taka already did Alucard

What happened in 2016?

What I'm really debating is whether they should hire Devil Artemis or Takahata 101 to voice cell
Both are equally as good, but I'm leaning towards Devil Artemis since Taka already did Alucard
The OG Sucide Squad dropped and every white girl and their friend dressed as Harley Quinn for Halloween 😂

Nowadays, probably.

TOP Mainly
in the old days he was popular but the Movies and GT made him into a joke somewhat in regards to the power hierarchy
Nah Frieza was always more popular, kinda by proxy of his saga also being the most popular in the series. Dragon Ball Multiverse jokes were mostly about how much of a non threat he became not too long after his own saga (Plus nothing from multiverse should ever be taken seriously anyway).
This as well
Devil given he works with them

Why? The size difference makes the fight awkward (unless Tetsuo stay as some skyscraper sized Fecto Forgo throughout the fight)
Besides, EVA-01 has Gipsy Danger and Strelizia and Tetsuo Shima has Magneto and Mewtwo.
Even if the height difference is a bit jarring, the way Tetsuo fights makes up for it as he relies on destructive power regardless of the area arond him. Plus he can use the collateral damage around him to fight Shinji. Hell, he can use the debris to theoretically build a super golem or even fight using the fetus form.

And also, the fight itself fits the 90's anime vibes realiy well.

also don't want to Mewtwo getting a fight he doesn't deserve or another obligatory Marvel W

Kirby vs Buu still has biggest relative size gap, doesn't it?
xpqCJ3QiPskdypUWu9-zcwh4SWtM24Jtfp-ySOX9bww.jpg

Not to say many global audience are not as rich as "some" audience who has currently been affording ~US$2.99 on something watching free (and the wider global audience likely would not be hanging around during those critical / precious moments which is what the perks are really giving).
That said, I feel sorry because normal audience would really feel too much to commission a song for US$250 up one off (or joining the commission every 3 months plan for US$99.99 per month, paying US$299.97 for 3 months)
basically this, but still you can influence a little bit so that people can like your mu and get a music track lol

I mean as long as Jinxly gets 1mil by tonight or tomorrow, it should be considered a decent premiere, considering the past 3 premiers didn't do much either. Remember, last season some episodes took 2 weeks to get 1mil (BlakeMikasa, HeiGeese, KorraStorm) and MachoAids still hasn't reached that milestone.

I think too many people expected Tanjiro as the premiere and were thrown off when they saw it Jinxly. I also saw too many "who is Jinx?" comments suggesting that despite Arcane's popularity, Jinx is still obscure to many people so a chunk of the audience wasn't interested.

So while underwhelming views wise (so far), it was a great premiere, with great animation, battle track, and overall a great episode showing off new changes that were received positivley by the community.

Hopefully it catches more eyeballs over time.

Honestly, you should all take the perspective pill I took week ago.

Go to Rooster Teeth's YouTube channel lmao

Death Battle DESTROYS all other shows in views at RT YouTube. All of them. Even Macho vs Kool Aid is a bonafide hit compared to them.

So unless DB is too expensive, it should be easily doing well. unless everything else gets merch sales which DB might lack

aaaand if RT gets out of business I guess

Would that episode have done better if it weren't awful? I feel like most death battle views come from rewatches
probably be at least a 1mil
Honestly, you should all take the perspective pill I took week ago.

Go to Rooster Teeth's YouTube channel lmao

Death Battle DESTROYS all other shows in views at RT YouTube. All of them. Even Macho vs Kool Aid is a bonafide hit compared to them.

So unless DB is too expensive, it should be easily doing well. unless everything else gets merch sales which DB might lack

aaaand if RT gets out of business I guess
i guess
look at S8 views

Saitama vs Popeye-3.6Mil
Goku Black vs Thawne-3mil
Dio vs Alucard-2.8Mil
Batman vs Iron Man-2.7Mil
Po vs Iron Fist/Yoda vs Mickey/Madara vs Aizen-2.3Mil
Shadow vs Ryuko-2.1 Mil
Lex vs Doom-2Mil
Link vs Cloud 2-1.7Mil
Star vs Steven/Heihachi-Geese-1.6Mil