• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
93r0pdz3gg891.png

liu_kang_vs_jago_by_inklingmain_dezcgrf-fullview.jpg

des7qm7-c0998504-734e-4fe1-ae71-4fca996204e1.png

kz1mrieyncw71.png
decocbk-0c45811f-2fd8-43f8-8be9-7a1035b678cd.jpg

dp4e3spc7x681.jpg

need more martial arts/HtH fights
been watching a lot of Wu Tang Collections
Sad part: Torrian is Hollywood grade now and in-house 3D team got shrunk.

Yeah... I see all three MUs being requested for some long time. (One is clearly overdue)

The replies seem to lean towards Jaden, but what do our stats imply?
Ben Tennyson (Original) is normal human in Original Series, athletic human in Alien Force, Ultimate Alien and Omniverse. High universe level with Alien X and with Omnitrix self-destruction after charging long enough.
Jaden Yuki is normal human physically, low multiverse level after merging with Yubel's soul

Last edited:
Wouldn't put to much thought into our stats lol. We have Testuo currently stomping Magneto with our ratings lol
Actually, what is up with that? Magneto's literally an Omega level mutant who can match pretty much any X-Men including people like Storm, why is he not baseline universal?

I get Marvel inconsistency because decades of different writers and what not, but does it not make sense to place a character at their general best?

Not that I'm claiming to know how VS Battles works, this is just an outsider's perspective.

I'd argue that the best option would be to scale the Marvel universe's power under individual writers, though obviously that'd be far too time-consuming to be remotely worth it.

Actually, what is up with that? Magneto's literally an Omega level mutant who can match pretty much any X-Men including people like Storm, why is he not baseline universal?

I get Marvel inconsistency because decades of different writers and what not, but does it not make sense to place a character at their general best?

Not that I'm claiming to know how VS Battles works, this is just an outsider's perspective.

I'd argue that the best option would be to scale the Marvel universe's power under individual writers, though obviously that'd be far too time-consuming to be remotely worth it.
Around these parts whenever a Universal feat is mentioned for Marvel/DC Heralds it’s either considered an outlier or dismissed as invalid.

Even so, City level Magneto is still incredibly silly

Last edited:
The wiki buys to much into the outlier, inconsistency, and pis crap here.
PIS is a genuinely annoying term to me, because 90% of the time, it's some battleboarder who's pissed that their grossly inflated stats for a character are blatantly disproven by the source itself.

Granted, there are some genuine examples of this, but most of the time it's just people not paying attention to the story.

need more martial arts/HtH fights
been watching alot of Wu Tang Collections
Takayuki_Yagami_vs_Wei_Shen.png

I think Takayuki Yagami from Judgment vs Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs would fit this bill gracefully. Both are martial arts experts (Yagami being from a subset of the Yakuza franchise allows for a lot of flashy choreo) with very distinct styles so they'd be able to have really interesting clashes, and both actually have access to some supernatural magic stuff and strong weapons to intersperse the h2h combat with some interesting ability trading.

Kiryu_vs_Shizuo.png
I also prefer Kiryu Kazuma to fight Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara! Closer fight with the possibility for some slightly higher scale for more inventive hand to hand stuff, like both using the environment against each other. Could have a perfect blend of hand to hand martial arts, inventive environment fights (them both using stuff like bikes, street poles/signs to spar, and kicking around/through cars or knocking each other through buildings for higher scale).

Kiryu vs Ryo is still pretty good, though quite mean for Ryo. It is basically Shenmue's only chance to get on DB though, I think...

Is Yakuza a good game?
Incredible series imo, in my top 4 period (Sonic, Kirby, Yakuza, and Touhou for me, in that order from 1-4, if my online presence didn't give that away).

Kiryu Kazuma is by favorite character of all time flat, I think his saga is frankly beautiful and the entire franchise has incredibly consistent quality imo (even if there's a bit of a dip around 4-5, before rocketing back up with 0, 6, Judgment Duology & 7).

If you love martial arts, action/beat em up games, and very dramatic if heartfelt stories, you'll love the series. Also very good soundtracks to all of them.

Wouldn't put to much thought into our stats lol. We have Testuo currently stomping Magneto with our ratings lol
I mean, to be fair, Tetsuo's stats AREN'T WRONG and were even mentioned in DBs episode.

Our Marvel stats are just very funny, Mags should be at least planet level here, I understand concern when it comes scaling him to uni though.

(and tbh DB didn't even directly scale Mags to uni, just stated that his haxx would be able to neutralize Tetsuo's 3A stuff, thus allowing him to use one of his many wincons to kill him)

Incredible series imo, in my top 4 period (Sonic, Kirby, Yakuza, and Touhou for me, in that order from 1-4, if my online presence didn't give that away).

Kiryu Kazuma is by favorite character of all time flat, I think his saga is frankly beautiful and the entire franchise has incredibly consistent quality imo (even if there's a bit of a dip around 4-5, before rocketing back up with 0, 6, Judgment Duology & 7).

If you love martial arts, action/beat em up games, and very dramatic if heartfelt stories, you'll love the series. Also very good soundtracks to all of them.
Never played a single Yakuza game, but Kiryu's reveal would absolutely get me hyped. Maybe it's just my bias for the Sleeping Dragons track Brandon made, but after hearing it, I was really hoping for Kiryu to be on DB.

Never played a single Yakuza game, but Kiryu's reveal would absolutely get me hyped. Maybe it's just my bias for the Sleeping Dragons track Brandon made, but after hearing it, I was really hoping for Kiryu to be on DB.
I think he'd genuinely bring a lot to the show. Yakuza is a super interesting franchise, I'd be really disappointed if the analysis wasn't at least semi-entertaining. He brings a lot to a fight to, very good hand to hand, several fighting styles, good environmental usage, would be an awesome street level fight.

Also yeah music track potential is through the roof.

Around these parts whenever a Universal feat is mentioned for Marvel/DC it’s either considered an outlier or dismissed as invalid.

Even so, City level Magneto is still incredibly silly
And yet we still have (finally) the top 2 Flashes and top 2 Zooms Tier 1.

Well, we have a bunch of Marvel and DC characters at different "universes". Will add in work for sorting comics by different authors but sure has its place and use.

Speaking of Yakuza, how do you view Goro Majima vs Undyne compared to Undyne vs Pearl (Steven Universe)? I am kept reminded how scarce a chance is for a character from a "more realistic" verse to defeat a character from a "more fancy" verse.

I think he'd genuinely bring a lot to the show. Yakuza is a super interesting franchise, I'd be really disappointed if the analysis wasn't at least semi-entertaining. He brings a lot to a fight to, very good hand to hand, several fighting styles, good environmental usage, would be an awesome street level fight.

Also yeah music track potential is through the roof.
My only worry is that they'll lean too hard into the "Haha, Yakuza is a super-serious game about super-serious yakuza, right guys". Like, I wouldn't mind a few jokes about the absurdity of the minigames and side quests, but I really hope that they focus on the actual story of Yakuza.

My only worry is that they'll lean too hard into the "Haha, Yakuza is a super-serious game about super-serious yakuza, right guys". Like, I wouldn't mind a few jokes about the absurdity of the minigames and side quests, but I really hope that they focus on the actual story of Yakuza.
Yeah, I hope they're not super obnoxious about it. I think it'd be cool if they played it mostly straight while occasionally bringing up the absolutely insane shit that goes on/that Kiryu can do completely seriously, or with just a few guffaws.

Speaking of Yakuza, how do you view Goro Majima vs Undyne compared to Undyne vs Pearl (Steven Universe)? I am kept reminded how scarce a chance is for a character from a "more realistic" verse to defeat a character from a "more fancy" verse.
I have no care for Undyne vs Pearl, not really a Steven Universe fan, fell off that show super early on, I'm pretty sure its a gargantuan stomp for Pearl since Steven Universe is like a Tier 4 verse. Majima vs Undyne really grew on me overtime though, the big clash of the franchises they're from really makes the MU and there's a surprisingly fun fight dynamic to it. I'm not sure if I prefer it over Majima vs Setsuna Kiryu from Kengan Ashura, but those two are probably my favorite Majima MUs. DB would probably go with Undyne vs Majima for views though, Undertale would pull views like crazy.

I have no care for Undyne vs Pearl, not really a Steven Universe fan, fell off that show super early on, I'm pretty sure its a gargantuan stomp for Pearl since Steven Universe is like a Tier 4 verse. Majima vs Undyne really grew on me overtime though, the big clash of the franchises they're from really makes the MU and there's a surprisingly fun fight dynamic to it. I'm not sure if I prefer it over Majima vs Setsuna Kiryu from Kengan Ashura, but those two are probably my favorite Majima MUs. DB would probably go with Undyne vs Majima for views though, Undertale would pull views like crazy.
I want to lean towards Majima vs Undyne due to having more familiarity for Undertale, but the comedy gold of Majima fighting someone named Kiryu is too much to pass up.

OmniLander at 7.2 mil phew

But what I really was looking for was RaidenExca vs KorraStorm, and now RaidenExca surpassed it.

Chad's & Ben's big episodes are both the least watched DBs, damn.
Every day it hurts to remember that these guys are mostly in charge of finding MUs for Death Battle. The only people I have faith in are the researchers. And you cannot convince me that they actually look at the suggestions form, that's just an empty chamber for people to yell in to feel like their voices are being heard.

Those 2 arent even that bad as MUs.

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is probably the worst MU since S5. Might be the worst since DP vs PP.

I do find it interesting, why did S8 eps perform worse than other seasons? S9 has done better in shorter time relatively.
Prolly cuz some matches could have been done sooner when there was hype of them or at a better time, some matches werent wanted and has better opponents, like korra vs storm and akuma vs shao kahn, some matches were hyped as going to be of quality but were some of the worst, like macho man vs kool aid man and mikasa vs blake

Let alone they claimed each episode would be worth as a finale, which even those that werent bad werent of such scale

Every day it hurts to remember that these guys are mostly in charge of finding MUs for Death Battle. The only people I have faith in are the researchers. And you cannot convince me that they actually look at the suggestions form, that's just an empty chamber for people to yell in to feel like their voices are being heard.
They do look at the suggestion forum and other factors

Those 2 arent even that bad as MUs.

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen is probably the worst MU since S5. Might be the worst since DP vs PP.

I do find it interesting, why did S8 eps perform worse than other seasons? S9 has done better in shorter time relatively.
I guess YT algorithm and S7 burn out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back