• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOJVrXdWYAIvHdF

Yeah this is honestly what I was expecting from the start, everything lined up too well, but I was actually unaware of the Discovery buyout tbh.
If Rooster Teeth is a weak link within Warner Bros sure any owner (old or new) will try to cleanse it.
But then Death Battle is the better-known (and presumably more profitable) section of Rooster Teeth (beside the RT Animation). Will the new owner want to nuke the other loss-making departments of Rooster Teeth instead?
Or... just resurrect Screwattack, negotiate a good spit-off sum among the owners, and each run their own businesses instead?

Was wondering if we still get previews
Fight previews are free things in the past. We will still have them. These help induce clicks and any Youtube video feeds on clicks.

as I said before, Death Battle isn't go anywhere, worst case scenario, they'll ask the fans to fund them to keep them going even if RT burns to the ground.

ah PBS kids. I actually knew about Word Girl because my dentist had PBS kids on the waiting room TV all the time, so I was kinda forced to watch it along with Cyberchase and Dragontales while waiting for my apt

well yeah, Chad and Ben will eventually call it quits one day, but not anytime soon. I think the show still has life for a while.
Given theres tons of MU left yeah
Around 5 years?
probably a few more after that
as I said before, Death Battle isn't go anywhere, worst case scenario, they'll ask the fans to fund them to keep them going even if RT burns to the ground.

ah PBS kids. I actually knew about Word Girl because my dentist had PBS kids on the waiting room TV all the time, so I was kinda forced to watch it along with Cyberchase and Dragontales while waiting for my apt
now that brings me back

I used to love PBS kids as a child

Death Battle: Okay, you'll get more newer anime reps, but they have to fight Marvel and DC characters. Agree?
Non-Marvel characters decide to bully DC Street tier characters. If Jinx wins (which is likely if DB team does not rigger Joker girl's physical strength and speed, such as scaling Joker girl to Wonder Woman in speed and ignoring Jinx's scaling by saying that they are text-only), then the legend of DC victory would be ended.
dde1jtd-e85af9a9-f696-4676-9a37-e10c058734ee.png
death_battle__season_6_combatants_poster_by_mugen_senseistudios_ddlbmvu-pre.jpg
de5t71x-93f233cb-1b30-4632-94f6-4213932b2215.png
death_battle_season_8_wallpaper_by_darksniperzx_dejz2k7-pre.jpg

What will S9 bring
I personally think that The Boys characters should get their own episodes aside from the already exist paid episodes. The Deep VS Zhang Shun is not bad but The Deep gets outskilled and outstated.

we get our first character preview tomorrow. DB is back! I hope it's a good season and while I expect a lot of capeshit and "wtf why is this a match-up" (which they themselves have said that there will be an episode which they expect that response), I wish the show success and hope they hit 5mil subs this season.

I will bitch, but hey, I'm going to keep coming back anyways,

Death Battle: Okay, you'll get more newer anime reps, but they have to fight Marvel and DC characters. Agree?
Well... Demon Slayer has been issued since February 15, 2016 and is considered new...

We do not have that many "new" names - we will still have bigger ones like Jujutsu Kaisen (March 2018) and Chainsaw Man (December 2018).
While Black Clover has been out since February 2015, Shaman King since June 1998, Hunter X Hunter since March 1998... they are technically older than Demon Slayer.

There are so many Japanese comics and novels and animes and video games... Just a hell lot are out of the radar of the Rooster Teeth crew.

Homelander vs Tighten or Brightburn or Bardock or Omni-Man and a Stormfront MU are there technically, but... then the crew needs to study the original comics issued by Dynamite Entertainment since October 2006.

I can't even be mad, this shit slaps

Nowi (Fire Emblem) vs Kanna Kamui (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) huh...

1. Kanna Kamui before Tohru is something... can anyone share how they feel with it?
Or... Does Tiki (Fire Emblem) vs Tohru exist?
2. I don't know how people react to a town level character from a verse all about fighting lose to a light-hearted verse on a mountain level dragon loli.
3. The music is so bright... it slaps and is surely enjoyable... but does not quite feel fitting for a fight to the death between the two. Even Titans of Magic does a better job in regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back