• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf there's like a really small chance for Yukari to get on the show in general, she is a really popular character in Touhou community but not quite for the people outside of it
I can only realistically see Reimu, Sakuya, and Cirno getting on. Reimu is the main character, Sakuya has the popularity boost from being a Jojo reference (and Sakuya vs Dio did extremely well, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's a reason for DB potentially going for a Touhou MU in the future), and Cirno is a giant ******* meme these days. Anyone else is unlikely, and dependent on if the more likely Touhou episodes perform well.

So i recently found out about this MU and not gonna lie, i like it alot
alnrcni511c81.jpg

Yukari Yakumo vs Morrigan Aensland (Touhou vs Darkstalkers)
Connections:
Two anti heroines who have the position of an authorative power over their respective dimension to maintain the balance of it (Morrigan being the queen of the makai and Yukari being the youkai sage of gensokyo). Despite the human world being hard to access for other beings, both Morrigan and Yukari have an ability that allows them to traverse to the human world and back to their own dimension (Yukari's boundary manipulation and Morrigan's translocational ability). This is intrinsic to their characters as whole because both have done this for the mere fact that they want to learn more about the human world whether comes on to how they behave and the technology they use. Despite their titles and the nature of them as creatures (Morrigan being a succubus and Yukari being a youkai) both are easily approachable by other monsters and humans and are considered relatively friendly thanks to the fact that they both take frequent visits to the human world. Both are over 1000 years old (which adds to them being much older than they look). Both have a physiology thanks to the type of creatures they are that's dependent on something in order to survive (youkai's in general are dependent on human thoughts and emotions of fear of belief in order to continue existing and succubus in the Aensland family secrete a specific liquid to maintain their life force). Both have a rivalry with vampires (Yukari while unexplained has been confirmed to have a rivalry with Remilia and Morrigan has a rivalry with Demitri). Both first took on the position of being antagonists towards the heroes but later on helped them in situations where their dimensions are in danger, alongside their relationship with the protagonists (Reimu and Demitri) still aren't considered friendly on the protagonists end. The dimension they control is fulled with different kinds of creatures ranging from vampires, werewolfs, fairies, onis and more therefore still fitting the halloween theme of a battle like morrigans other matchups. They both have a contrast in which despite Morrigan being the ruler of the makai she barely attends to her duties while Yukari is dead serious about her title as the sage of gensokyo. Regardless while this contrast is true if either of their respective dimensions are in danger they will both attend to the issue and resolve it.
P.S. I think Altair is an objectively better MU for Yukari but this might be my personal favorite for Yukari, just because i actually know both Yukari and Morrigan, while i didn't know who Altair was until i discovered the MU itself.
Does Morrigan not have a sexy female opponent that is fair? The loli-esque touhou characters arent fair overall

I can only realistically see Reimu, Sakuya, and Cirno getting on. Reimu is the main character, Sakuya has the popularity boost from being a Jojo reference (and Sakuya vs Dio did extremely well, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's a reason for DB potentially going for a Touhou MU in the future), and Cirno is a giant ******* meme these days. Anyone else is unlikely, and dependent on if the more likely Touhou episodes perform well.
Kinda sad that 2 of these have some of the lamest MUs as their most popular (Yusuke and Hit)
Cirno vs Jack Frost is really ******* good tho

Kinda sad that 2 of these have some of the lamest MUs as their most popular (Yusuke and Hit)
Cirno vs Jack Frost is really ******* good tho
I've seen people shift to supporting Reimu vs Mars as of late, which frees up Yusuke for Yoh. Of course, if DB already decided on Reimu vs Yusuke for this season or the next, it may be too late for them to change it. Though, I admit it'll be a little funny to see Omni-Man vs Homelander be relegated to only the second worst stomp this season if Reimu vs Yusuke happens. Sakuya vs Hit will always suck, and I'm fine with Cirno vs Jack Frost even if the funy fairy loses.

I've seen people shift to supporting Reimu vs Mars as of late, which frees up Yusuke for Yoh. Of course, if DB already decided on Reimu vs Yusuke for this season or the next, it may be too late for them to change it. Though, I admit it'll be a little funny to see Omni-Man vs Homelander be relegated to only the second worst stomp this season if Reimu vs Yusuke happens. Sakuya vs Hit will always suck, and I'm fine with Cirno vs Jack Frost even if the funy fairy loses.
Great, tho from what i can see it's still not as popular as Yusuke vs Reimu, unfortunately.
If Reimu vs Mars somehow happens instead tho, i will probably regain hope for humanity.

And reminder a researcher
"DB is by and large a casual web show. It has an audience in the VS Community, but we always need to make sure to present cases so a normal person can get behind it."
The key word is... "Presentation".

Great, tho from what i can see it's still not as popular as Yusuke vs Reimu, unfortunately.
If Reimu vs Mars somehow happens instead tho, i will probably regain hope for humanity.
Well Yusuke Urameshi has Sasuke Uchiha and Ichigo Kurosaki and (the most popular opponent by now) Yoh Asakura so that actually frees Reimu Hakurei for opponents like Sailor Mars or even Sakura Kinomoto.

And technically Yukari Yakumo vs Altair is raised for charming OP "omnipotent" ladies, technically Yukari Yakumo vs Dimentio or Giratina or Hoopa are there for cosmic portal manipulation characters. Also I bet more people knows Giratina or Hoopa (or even Dimentio) than Altair (Re:Creators). Altair (Assassin's Creed) is requested but we have had him (?) or Ezio vs Prince.

Morrigan Aensland
Does Morrigan not have Remilia Scarlet or Bayonetta or Dizzy (Guilty Gear) and other sexy vampire ladies/bat-girls/succubus?

I've seen people shift to supporting Reimu vs Mars (source: DB MU Reddit)
Decentish but not fully strong

Anyways the following MU are deconfirmed this season

Liu Kang vs Jago
Eggman vs Bowser
Sarge vs Soldier
KoroSensei vs monokuma
Discord Server friends who are in with the Researchers
Liu vs Jago is deconfirmed via them siding with Jago
Same with Sarge vs Soldier with them siding with Sarge
They don't do tell who's wins in the same season due to NDA
Is your ambiguity (or red herring as "allowed misinformation") part of their NDA?

I can appreciate KoroSensei vs Monokuma over Monokuma vs Teddie (Persona) actually

Last edited:
I have a question however:

Why does Omni-Man vs Homelander not get a trending when Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar gets one? I would like to know how trending exactly works.

Death Battle will soon have a Discord (a Discord different from the Death Battle Wiki Discord) channel

Last edited:
pnvgzngx.frtcleptbrt.4hz3zlcigzp.3jb.jpg

My sensors indicate that the Death Battle crew members do not give a shit.

Which video game character (or even a matchup with a video game character) do you expect to join Death Battle within Season 9? Or in a very near future?

Say, Klonoa vs Rayman? Lightning vs Shulk? A "half year too late" Arceus vs King Drasil or Zeedmillenniumon or whatever creator god Digimon? Or a "one year too late" Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown?
Or Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia or Yugi Muto or even Masaru Daimon?

Last edited:
I have a question however:

Why does Omni-Man vs Homelander not get a trending when Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar gets one? I would like to know how trending exactly works.

Death Battle will soon have a Discord (a Discord different from the Death Battle Wiki Discord) channel
Apparently, a LOT of big name Youtubers uploaded that day...

I'd say Marisa is possible for similar reasons to Reimu. The deurtagonist, similarly popular as Reimu, is in potentially even more of the series, and is one of the most recognizable characters. She's less likely than the other 3 you named though.

pnvgzngx.frtcleptbrt.4hz3zlcigzp.3jb.jpg

My sensors indicate that the Death Battle crew members do not give a shit.

Which video game character (or even a matchup with a video game character) do you expect to join Death Battle within Season 9? Or in a very near future?

Say, Klonoa vs Rayman? Lightning vs Shulk? A "half year too late" Arceus vs King Drasil or Zeedmillenniumon or whatever creator god Digimon? Or a "one year too late" Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown?
Or Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia or Yugi Muto or even Masaru Daimon?
I hope Travis gets his MU this season or next ngl. They could still line it up with the 2nd half of the season to have the MU come out in October, when NMH3 is ported to other platforms and a wider audience of people can access it.

Rayman vs Klonoa probably isn't until next season but I still find it happening iffy. That MU seems like Ippo vs Mac, a semi popular MU they can just do whenever they feel like.

We are probably getting token fighting game match (maybe MK related) and like one more VG fight.

Also curious if we really are getting token nepotism RT fight too. Blake vs Mikasa was planned for S5, so arguably RT properties have been in mind for 4 years straight.

This shit is why I think things entering the public domain is highly overrated. People wanna demonize everything the second they can get their grubby little mitts on it. I'm sure this sort of thing was funny at first, but it stopped being funny before I was born, I'm pretty sure.

"Yeah, let's take literally the single most innocent and wholesome thing known to man and turn it into a ******* horror movie!"

Do these people think they're being clever? Creative? Funny? This shit's outright disrespectful to the people who originally created the series. I hate Corporate Disney as much as the next guy, but this isn't the way to stick it to the mouse if they're trying to do that. This just feels like a bunch of edgy contrarians making shit exclusively for shock value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back