• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So The Boys (TV series) is starting to follow back to the comic books.

How do you feel if (or in better words, when) Billy Butcher turned into Eren Yeager?

Remasters of the Wii version of Door to Phantomile and the original Klonoa 2 are planned for the Nintendo Switch in 2022, and for other platforms at a future date.

Klonoa vs Rayman overdue folks

I haven't even SEEN The Boys, and I could see that twist a mile away.

Also, I used to think NiGHTS would be a good opponent for Klonoa. Then I saw their wiki stats and... yeah.

Did a render for Alucard vs Mokou, not a huge fan of how the render came out but the MU itself is slowly becoming one of my favorite 2hou MUs for some reason
unknown.png
The MU just has a vibe to it that I really like. Horribly egregious stomp but the energy it carries I appreciate.

This track is awesome and I'm happy with how it came out.

Kiryu Kazuma vs Wei Shen is a pretty good MU, even though its a clear Kiryu stomp, its probably both of their 2nd best, BUT I think each one has a better matchup.

Takayuki Yagami from Judgment, which is a spinoff to Yakuza, has much better connections with Wei Shen, its a bit closer and much less of a stomp than Kiryu vs Wei, and it gives Yagami his best matchup. It'd fit pretty well as a street tier match with good martial arts, and if you wanna take it to a higher level, they both have magical abilities/crazier weaponry that can take the fight up a notch (magic that Kiryu doesn't have access to).

Kiryu's best matchup is Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!, they've got better connections & thematics than Wei vs Kiryu, it's closer stats wise, and has much more animation potential for a slightly higher scale fight as well, with Shizuo's ridiculous car & truck tossing feats.

But smash ulitmate has 89 character while multiversus like 50 (allegedly), It'd be closer to have like 16 pokemon characters. Also one of the things poeple bitch about the most for smash is how many mario, pokemon and fire emblem characters there are, poeple usually perfer a more varied roster with new franchise being represented.
1652397228641.jpg
******* GODZILLA what????? Sure what the **** I'll play

presenting the worst possible matchup imaginable
qkho8y.jpeg

Princess Celestia vs Doctor Octopus
battle of the two characters with the power of the sun in the palm of their hands and notorious jobbers well except for the Hulk thing and the stuff Celestia did in the past but let's ignore that that eventually left the cycle of jobbing but then got pulled back in, also both have long limbs I guess

And its comics too

Hmmm Multiversus huh, yeah Poison Ivy, Raven, Static and Black Adam feel odd choices, where the **** is Daffy, why Lebron and who is Eleven?

Otherwise not memorized enough of WB to know what they are missing. Seems ok roster I guess. Its further proof DB shilling RWBY sucks cause it really is a small fish in an ocean lol

Speaking of that... Rick is overdue to DB. Kinda feels like Saitama, he probably is really requested character in hindsight without most realizing. Did he beat Doctor, or is there debate there?

And its comics too

Hmmm Multiversus huh, yeah Poison Ivy, Raven, Static and Black Adam feel odd choices,
If I had to guess, Ivy and Black Adam where put in for more minority representation (and minor amounts of media sinergy with the new Black Adam movie that's coming off) while characters like Raven and Static were added to appeal to the cartoon fan base (Also again on the minority box for Static).
where the **** is Daffy
Truly Criminal
why Lebron
Because Space Jam 2, everyone would prefer Lola or Micheal but of course Warner is gonna shill their shitty sequel.
who is Eleven?
The chick from Stranger things, she's a guest character.
Otherwise not memorized enough of WB to know what they are missing. Seems ok roster I guess.
The biggest problem is the lack of any CN characters from 1990-2010 (No raven doesn't count), also the 2010 picks suck.
Also the main villain is the nothing from Never Ending Story which is so stupid my brain has trouble possessing it.

Oh yeah, those DC characters and Lebron are just shameless recency bias shill picks due to movies lol

Technically I guess minority appeal explains some picks, dont think they'd survive Smash's style of diversity.

And oh yeah, Doc beats Rick eh. Might be interesting to see.

I still haven't forgotten about my Archie Sonic MU chart.
I have found... 1 MU but it's a really good one.
unknown.png

Ixis Naugus vs Baby (Dragon Ball GT)
Both are the last creation of the last surviving members of a certain group (Baby being the creation of the last of the Tuffles while Naugus is the result of the last 3 wizards of the Order of Ixis merging together) with the objective of getting immense power (Baby being create to get powerful enough to get revenge on the saiyans while Naugus was created while the 3 wizards were searching for mastery over fire). Both became fusions and reached the peak of their power as such (Baby fusing with Vegeta and Naugus being, again, the result of the 3 wizards merging together). They are powerful, cunning, cruel and even psychotic at times, at first following what the ones that made then would want (Naugus serving Mogul after realizing he was the leader of the order while Baby was getting revenge on the saiyans), but eventually going off the rails (Naugus stopping to serve Mogul after a disappointment with him while Baby go on to want to make everyone his slave). Both of them also have a part of their creators inside of them (Baby having DNA of King Tuffles while Naugus still has the mind of the 3 wizards somewhere in his mind) and managed to become the king of the heroes home planet at some point, but were dethroned.

Oh yeah, those DC characters and Lebron are just shameless recency bias shill picks due to movies lol

Technically I guess minority appeal explains some picks, dont think they'd survive Smash's style of diversity.

And oh yeah, Doc beats Rick eh. Might be interesting to see.
Hold it MV actually could do as good as SSBU? Or is it just SSBU doing worse over time?

Hold it. It has yet to be released.

Hope it can be "more inclusive" when it comes to franchises. We do not want it be an inferior SSBU else everyone will be still playing SSBU.

I still haven't forgotten about my Archie Sonic MU chart.
I have found... 1 MU but it's a really good one.
unknown.png

Ixis Naugus vs Baby (Dragon Ball GT)
Both are the last creation of the last surviving members of a certain group (Baby being the creation of the last of the Tuffles while Naugus is the result of the last 3 wizards of the Order of Ixis merging together) with the objective of getting immense power (Baby being create to get powerful enough to get revenge on the saiyans while Naugus was created while the 3 wizards were searching for mastery over fire). Both became fusions and reached the peak of their power as such (Baby fusing with Vegeta and Naugus being, again, the result of the 3 wizards merging together). They are powerful, cunning, cruel and even psychotic at times, at first following what the ones that made then would want (Naugus serving Mogul after realizing he was the leader of the order while Baby was getting revenge on the saiyans), but eventually going off the rails (Naugus stopping to serve Mogul after a disappointment with him while Baby go on to want to make everyone his slave). Both of them also have a part of their creators inside of them (Baby having DNA of King Tuffles while Naugus still has the mind of the 3 wizards somewhere in his mind) and managed to become the king of the heroes home planet at some point, but were dethroned.
Honestly I find it quite admirable both you and @Joycap regularly update your MU charts while also posting MUs featuring verses you like (Archie and Xeno).

Honestly I find it quite admirable both you and @Joycap regularly update your MU charts while also posting MUs featuring verses you like (Archie and Xeno).

I mean, are there any verses that you'd like to do these kinds of charts for? Because I'm doing something similar with JoshDoshMosh, and I've just message boarded Loh about the prospect of Discord DMing contenders to each other and seeing what comes out of it.

I'd update my Gunvolt chart more often, but between iX2 and GV3 any chart I could make would be outdated. It dosn't help we don't know how many important new characters will be in GV3, so I can't even make a perfect chart

I'd update my Gunvolt chart more often, but between iX2 and GV3 any chart I could make would be outdated. It dosn't help we don't know how many important new characters will be in GV3, so I can't even make a perfect chart

Depending on the editing software you're using (and whatever format backups you have), this isn't really an issue. Mine gets constantly updated because the main .pdn I use is like 11 layers big lmao (to say nothing on how well XC3 players are going to be eating with these name reveals as of late).

Still waiting on a transparent Ethel png

AzureStrikerGunvoltMatchups.jpg

Me and some friends on the Smash Bracket Discord Server made some more MUs since the last time you saw this chart, though not all of these are necessarily good and may get replaced. Stella's matchup in particular I think needs some work.

Sure you could argue they could bring Nolan back for Bardock but like
Where's the allure in it?
Invincible been done since 2018 and y'all have MU like Invincible vs Gohan/Sam Nova and Battle Beast vs Boros to do
I hear the cry from Korra. Also from Rey, Delsin Rowe, Weather Report and Nami. But what can we do? Make Rey vs Delsin Rowe and Weather Report vs Nami? I mean they are alternatives but we know whom Korra should have fought. The wrong has been made and the production firm faces less than desirable economic consequences. Just sad they commit the same mistakes. Again.

Invincible series still have Invincible vs Gohan/Sam Nova and Battle Beast vs Boros so we may actually see more Invincible characters. Oh Atom Eve vs Gwen Tennyson technically is there too.

If RT wanted money could have told the death battle crew to open something where fans can detonate, with how many subscribers they got, its impossible for them to not get enough to make episodes of quality that even niche matches bring views
A 100% made-in-Japan animation costs roughly 10 m JPY (or US$77500) per 24-minute episode so that would be about 4.71 months of a 2020 four-star US general base pay ($16,441.80 per month) or 235 times the cost of a Brandon Yates character versus Battle music (US$330 with basic track cover art). Cost would only be higher hiring local USA staff.

So good luck with raising that sum from fanbases unless they know some good brave sponsors (which sadly include Bluechew and Adam and Eve).

Last edited:
Bro, you’re my boy and all, but you really need to stop spreading that lie, because it’s untrue, and the lie is actively pissing off Liam and the other researchers as it’s putting words in their mouths that they never said.
Technically Ben Singer did say he was interested in Omni-Man vs Bardock - just he never said he was "pissed off" when the management passed Omni-Man vs Homelander instead.

Technically Ben Singer did say he was interested in Omni-Man vs Bardock - just he never said he was "pissed off" when the management passed Omni-Man vs Homelander instead.
Management didn’t make them do Omnilander. And being interested doesn’t mean “preferred.” People have extrapolated Ben saying “idk maybe Bardock would be better” to mean that he wanted Bardock vs Omni-Man and is being forced to do Homelander because the audience wanted Bardock and is projecting their concerns to the DB staff.

Its whatever at this point hopefully it be good at least
So much.

Management didn’t make them do Omnilander. And being interested doesn’t mean “preferred.” People have extrapolated Ben saying “idk maybe Bardock would be better” to mean that he wanted Bardock vs Omni-Man and is being forced to do Homelander because the audience wanted Bardock and is projecting their concerns to the DB staff.
True that sometimes some fans extrapolate the wishes too much.

If RT wanted money could have told the death battle crew to open something where fans can detonate, with how many subscribers they got, its impossible for them to not get enough to make episodes of quality that even niche matches bring views
Like what I said, raising US$77500 for one episode is a huge sum of money I question how feasible it is to raise from the casual audience. When paying US$330 for one Werewolf Therewolf or Brandon Yates music is too much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back