• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels we're due for a Video Game Mu
The best bets are imo:

*Pokémon; PLA already came out with a new mainline game coming out this year too plus it's a massive franchise so attracting views shouldn't be an issue.

*Sly Cooper OR Rayman; Long overdue on DB since other mascot platformers have already appeared (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Jax&Daxter, etc) plus it fits the theme of this season of bringing NEW franchises.

*Sonic; Anniversary celebrations throughout the year with the Movie 2, Origins, Prime, etc plus similar to Pokémon it's a massive franchise that'll likely bring in the viewers.

*Final Fantasy; It's about time we got a rep that's not from FF7 plus with FF16 around the corner on top of Stranger of Paradise coming out, there's plenty of FF hype around to take advantage of.

*2hu Project; Brings in another brand new franchise, is famous across the internet so gaining attention shouldn't be much of an issue plus the fantastic animation potential speaks for itself.

*Fire Emblem; Yet another new franchise to bring in, the DB team in the past have already expressed alot of interest towards FE, the Lucina Vs Mulan DBX is a good baseline and it'll likely bring in the Smash community for views.

*Xenoblade; Somewhat similar reasons to the above mentioned FE but having a JRPG rep that isn't just Pokémon or FF is always a plus for me.

*Cole Vs Alex; I'm not even going to mention their individual franchises, we all know this MU is likely going to happen it's only a matter of when DB decides to do it.

So far Jinx is holding down the fort for videogame reps this season with a W.

There's probably other videogame franchises I'm forgetting about that have a good chance of appearing this season. The franchises above were the ones I could come up with, off the top of my head.

Last edited:
People already going "Thor can absorb energy? Vegeta loses EZ." Back in the day I used to think that was a solid counter Thor had against Vegeta. He could just absorb energy/ki with his hammer. But now Vegeta has Forced Spirit Fission specifically to counter absorption. I like both, so I don't mind whoever wins winning. But if Vegeta wins, it'll likely be thanks to Spirit Fission.

I think that part of his comment was supposed to be sarcastic.
Thank you for explaining my occasional sarcasm.
People already going "Thor can absorb energy? Vegeta loses EZ." Back in the day I used to think that was a solid counter Thor had against Vegeta. He could just absorb energy/ki with his hammer. But now Vegeta has Forced Spirit Fission specifically to counter absorption. I like both, so I don't mind whoever wins winning. But if Vegeta wins, it'll likely be thanks to Spirit Fission.
So it boils down to the "trio" right... Right?

Thor’s Energy Absorption is actually far stronger than Vegeta’s but what actually matters is the fact that Thor is 2-A so he just one shots.

Also Spirit Fission requires Vegeta to inflict damage so Thor can stop Vegeta from using it by… dodging.

that won't Save Vegeta really

that won't Save Vegeta really
Thor’s Energy Absorption is actually far stronger than Vegeta’s but what actually matters is the fact that Thor is 2-A so he just one shots.

Also Spirit Fission requires Vegeta to inflict damage so Thor can stop Vegeta from using it by… dodging.
Its DB. That's why I said "IF". There's no way Thor is just going to dodge all of Vegeta's physical blows, and even if Thor is 2-A here at his best, DB kinda does their won thing. I mean Wanda is somewhere in tier 1 here and Zatanna at most is 4-B, but DB had her tap dance around Wanda.

....Unless they go all in with Thor with the Odin/Thorforce or Rune King.. God help Geets if it's Rune King.. But yeah, DB likes to pull some fast ones. If Vegeta wins, I won't be shocked, if Thor wins, then everyone say it coming.

Not sure if Vegeta would be able to spirit fission it back even, as Thor straight up takes it all, not just some, like when he completely drained Galactus and Galactus was basically a withered old man and couldnt even fathom that Thor could take the power cosmic from him so easily

I think there's like 5D beings n shit, but no one really scales to them. Most of the battles are ship battles and not really in person gun fights from what I remember
nothing that out there really, they are pretty on par with star wars
Ah okay, I just heard some stuff about the crews fighting gods or something, so I wasn’t sure
Yet but at the same time it's kinda redundant to an extent
The movie made all three comparable with one another and even then it's just Tobey>Holland>Andrew
I hate to be that guy, but it kinda just feels like a spite matchup from Tobey Spider-Man fans

This art slaps, Xeno Goku vs Superman Prime 🤤

a1679f1dba83fb1e928be0148c595036.jpg

Last edited:
Completely random (and I know I've asked similar in the past), but have we ever thought about who we want to see voice VS viable characters in these formats? And how those who have competed actually sound?

For example, I'm looking back on the preview for Thor vs Vegeta, and if I had to take a wild guess, Thor sounds like Matthew Mercer to me (between Lao, Yusuke and Chrom, I think I recognise that tone of voice any time it comes up). Then again, Phillip Sacramento sounds like he's trying to do a Keith Silverstein impression at times, so...

Completely random (and I know I've asked similar in the past), but have we ever thought about who we want to see voice VS viable characters in these formats? And how those who have competed actually sound?

For example, I'm looking back on the preview for Thor vs Vegeta, and if I had to take a wild guess, Thor sounds like Matthew Mercer to me (between Lao, Yusuke and Chrom, I think I recognise that tone of voice any time it comes up). Then again, Phillip Sacramento sounds like he's trying to do a Keith Silverstein impression at times, so...
Sometimes, but I don’t know too many specific voice actors that work with DB, as long as they get the voice fairly close I’m alright
Pretty sure that's not SBP, that's just Superman from the 90's where he used to wear black and white outfit and... Use guns? 90's was a pretty shitty time for Superman and i didn't even mention At Earth's End
1490628530-superman-black-and-white-costume-mullet.jpg
Reminds me of 1980s Crimson Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back