• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
c156b0f57ccd4ee2efdad354481833b5.png

69073572ae83f919f4f2a878734152ab.png
I mean yeah, thats the truth about comics duo but we arent allowed to use those lol
The same reason we don't use explicit leading questions to WoG to upgrade characters (moreso when it contradicts the lore and feats of the character in question).

Kinda reminds me of when Ian Flynn (a former writer for Archie comics) said Archie Sonic would lose to DBZ era Goku and would give DB era Kid Goku a "good" fight lol!

Also using the word of one or two writers on a franchise that has had dozens of writers (some of which are no longer around anymore) as justification is poor practice and kinda disrespectful to the previous writers.

Kinda offtopic but i wanna say that i'm planning to do my own VS show in aummwe, it will be done fully in text format cause i can't animate shit, lol.
Right now the MUs that i'm planning to do are: Samus vs Cloud, K Rool vs Neo Cortex, Vegeta vs Nostalgia Critic, Alucard vs Donovan, Axl vs Sakuya and maybe Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic.
You can suggest some MUs but keep in mind that i do not know every single franchise, so if you'll suggest 100 MUs with characters who i'm not familiar with (I'm looking at you, Joycap), then i will most likely need your help with these characters.
Also, this is the template i made for the thumbnails(I know that it looks kinda shitty):
garbage.png

EDIT: I'm 100% remaking Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man myself, DB absolutely ****** up that fight
6fc469d87b92a1d1f3f29579c4b766c0.png

Kinda offtopic but i wanna say that i'm planning to do my own VS show in aummwe, it will be done fully in text format cause i can't animate shit, lol.
Right now the MUs that i'm planning to do are: Samus vs Cloud, K Rool vs Neo Cortex, Vegeta vs Nostalgia Critic, Alucard vs Donovan, Axl vs Sakuya and maybe Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic.
You can suggest some MUs but keep in mind that i do not know every single franchise, so if you'll suggest 100 MUs with characters who i'm not familiar with (I'm looking at you, Joycap), then i will most likely need your help with these characters.
Also, this is the template i made for the thumbnails(I know that it looks kinda shitty):
garbage.png

EDIT: I'm 100% remaking Macho Man vs Kool-Aid Man myself, DB absolutely ****** up that fight
Oh awesome!

Hmm, could you do Vergil vs Sesshomaru maybe?

Well tbf, if Tom is factually the one in inconsistency side, then his words are less important, even if this is another case of "just ignore that bro".

...What did he write for Marvel? What stories did he write?

Edit: Oh he was editor, for original Civil War?

Well tbf, if Tom is factually the one in inconsistency side, then his words are less important, even if this is another case of "just ignore that bro".

...What did he write for Marvel? What stories did he write?
And @TMaakkonen disdain for Marvel/DC inconsistency continues. I'm almost tempted to make a meme about it tbh.

Either way WoG is support evidence at the very best and should be straight up ignored at worst. Like @BlackDarkness679 mentioned above death of the author is a heck of a thing especially when it can so easliy be abused for personal bias when dealing with WoG.

Tl;dr Using/relying on WoG is any medium or genre is bad imo.

Do the Uno draw 25 cards one :V

I could do that later lol

Hmm I thought some series do use WoGs, which even with different verse standards, can be odd. DB at least uses those.

Do the Uno draw 25 cards one :V

I could do that later lol
Not even I am that cruel to subject you to such evil lol
Hmm I thought some series do use WoGs, which even with different verse standards, can be odd. DB at least uses those.
I mean I guess series' that are incredibly vague could fall under the category of needing more context from a reliable source but even then books, one-shots, audio-books, etc should be the medium of explanation not an interview or worst still a Twitter post.

Using WOG isn't bad per say, but when there's been a million and one writers for a comicbook character, then it comes underneath scrutiny.
Eh... I'm still not a fan of using WoG in general not just comicbooks. At most it should only be used as supporting context for a feat that already happened in verse but that's just my personal (bias) standards against using WoG for scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back