• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt get original idea to work for my Shredder pic either :V

were you planning to suggest a Xeno match?

Correct.

Mar2.png

Tell me if any of the above sounds familar:

- Trained under an elder mentor alongside his Rival (in this case, Ouga Uzuki was the mentor, and Jin Uzuki was the rival)

- Is implied to have relations with the woman his rival had eyes for (Saga III alleges that Pellegri was Jin's ex, before Jin was seen as a traitor to the federation alongside Suou Uzuki, and Pellegri became Margulis's business partner under Ormus).

- Allies of said Rival (in this case, VECTOR's R&D 2nd Division, with a bit of the Kukai Foundation and what remains of the Mizrahi's) are able to rally together a band to save the world/universe.

- Is a believer in Christ (or other biblical figure), and will sacrifice everything to see him come to physical form. Is eventually betrayed by the one who made said 'promise' to see his wish come to fruition (Wilhelm, who he thought was Heinlein despite never seeing him personally), and realises that his life no longer has meaning, dying in a final battle with his rival.

Stats: 4-B - 3-C Swordie, FTL+. Also has a Mech (E.S Levi) at his beck and call.

Nah, Bakugo's facing Squidward.
Can someone explain how many people actually detest against Spongebob Squarepants vs Gumball Watterson, versus how many people detest against Bakugo vs Squidward.

I am fine for both.

don't make me actually want a rwby mu
2 jackpot winners actually want it so much they pool money for it. Wondering do people commission Skye and Therewolf Media for any MU.

So who wins now? The Turtles, right?
AFAIK IN RT EYES, RWBY and TMNT are lightning dodging but while TMNT sits at 12 tons of TNT, RWBY sits at 4 tons of TNT physically and 7 to up to 230 tons of TNT with dust magic. So RWBY are actually winning with any lucky hit in.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how many people actually detest against Spongebob Squarepants vs Gumball Watterson, versus how many people detest against Bakugo vs Squidward.
Probably because of the Gumball Watterson aspect. He just doesn't stack up to someone of SpongeBob's caliber. I'd almost rather see SpongeBob fight Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse in a battle royal, but that doesn't seem right either.

Biggest issue with SpongeBob Mu is that SpongeBob him self is major icon himself and his two best MU don't come anywhere close to him in that caliber
Spongebob's best is Homer, Mickey, and Bugs and they all have better. The best opponent for Spongebob has to be a mascot on his level

And how is that a problem? Fighting games for example, cuz thats one that comes in mind for me now, done this for years and none complains
Is always going to look ugly, if not awkward at best to me such a massive contrast between the characters and the enviroment.

I don't know about fighting games, but if some do that I prolly wouldn't like those details either.

Granted those are games, there is more to them than just their enviroment.

Actually would Spongebob vs Popeye be okay?

They're both sea related (Popeye is a sailor man, Spongebob literally lives in the sea) have a food their show revolves around (Spinach and Krabby Patties) both basically defined cartoons for their generations like Mickey and Bugs did. Only issue is they don't really have an established rivalry due to the age difference like Bugs and Mickey do and Homer and Peter. To me it sounds better than just randomly throwing him at CN characters he barely has connections with for the sake of doing Nick vs CN.

Actually would Spongebob vs Popeye be okay?

They're both sea related (Popeye is a sailor man, Spongebob literally lives in the sea) have a food their show revolves around (Spinach and Krabby Patties) both basically defined cartoons for their generations like Mickey and Bugs did. Only issue is they don't really have an established rivalry due to the age difference like Bugs and Mickey do and Homer and Peter. To me it sounds better than just randomly throwing him at CN characters he barely has connections with for the sake of doing Nick vs CN.
Nah Popeye had his best in the show and there's no reason to run him again especially when it'll be just repeating the same thing

Nah Popeye had his best in the show and there's no reason to run him again especially when it'll be just repeating the same thing
Popeye was only put against Saitama because it'd be really ******* hard to make it outdated, they wanted an excuse to use Saitama not Popeye since the dude has 0 matchups. To be real Popeye vs Saitama is a terrible matchup with the only connection being "Casuals think these two are really strong!". Also literally how would a battle between two crazy toon force users be a repeat, they both have actual abilities unlike Saitama who can only punch hard.

Popeye was only put against Saitama because it'd be really ******* hard to make it outdated, they wanted an excuse to use Saitama not Popeye since the dude has 0 matchups. To be real Popeye vs Saitama is a terrible matchup with the only connection being "Casuals think these two are really strong!". Also literally how would a battle between two crazy toon force users be a repeat, they both have actual abilities other one of them only being able to punch really hard.
It be a damn repeat of Popeye analysis it would be the same shit we got from before nothing new nothing interesting

And SpongeBob vs Popeye is not even a good MU it's just lol toon Force users where any ******* MU can fit the ******* Bill

And Popeye vs Saitama we're boths best by a mile especially when most of Saitama we're typical Casual MU and the episode is among the shows classics

There's no reason to bring Popeye back at all and you're better off bringing someone else new then re running some who hasn't gotten new material in a decade

It be a damn repeat of Popeye analysis it would be the same shit we got from before nothing new nothing interesting

And SpongeBob vs Popeye is not even a good MU it's just lol toon Force users where any ******* MU can fit the ******* Bill

And Popeye vs Saitama we're boths best by a mile especially when most of Saitama we're typical Casual MU and the episode is among the shows classics

There's no reason to bring Popeye back at all and you're better off bringing someone else new then re running some who hasn't gotten new material in a decade
Spongebob vs Popeye is pretty bad but its better than "NICK VS CARTOON NETWORK WOOOO" that Chowder and Gumball try to provide, cause at least Spongebob and Popeye have some connections even if they're barebones as hell.

Popeye vs Saitama while being a 10/10 episode genuinely isn't a good MU, they share nothing in common besides being strong to casuals. There's absolutely a character with a similar personality to Saitama who desires an opponent who can challenge them after being the strongest in their universe, they just can't do any of his potential good MUs because it'd become outdated possibly soon after the episode drops. Death Battles do not want to become outdated, its the reason they haven't used Luffy or Deku yet since they could get a powerup that completely changes how their mu would go. Popeye vs Saitama has the massive advantage of never becoming outdated since Popeye's always gonna hax stomp.

There really isn't a reason to bring Popeye back though yeah, he literally has no one. We probably won't ever see Spongebob either since he doesn't have anyone worthwhile either, we'd more likely see side characters like Patrick and Squidward.

I wonder... Will Pink Panther and Felix the Cat have their moments in Death Battle

Also I just realise Donald Duck vs Mitsuru Kirijo actually makes "some sense" lmao

I kinda dont like Shredder vs SS was actually just Shredder using a sword, but otherwise its goodshit.

Also gigachad brain debate would have been allowing 87 Shredder anti-mutagen stuff to work on a real mutant :^)
Yeah, kinda weird Shredder didn't use his iconic claws. But I always thought he used his sword since Shredder knew using his close ranged claws would risked getting himself stabbed and suspected something weird about SS' tachyon sword and opt to not use his claws since they would break easily if it gets clashed.

yeah especially if bill vs discord and gru vs megamind are next in the line-up.

and yeah I don't recall a preview reaching trending though I believe Saitama and Popeye's previews were a tad above Get's views at this time.

Dragonball characters, especially the classic ones, always draw. Makes sense. VS is centered about DragonBall so much.

yeah especially if bill vs discord and gru vs megamind are next in the line-up.

and yeah I don't recall a preview reaching trending though I believe Saitama and Popeye's previews were a tad above Get's views at this time.

Dragonball characters, especially the classic ones, always draw. Makes sense. VS is centered about DragonBall so much.
Dragon Ball contributes so much to VS debate as Marvel and DC.

Dragon Ball brings in power levels and power scaling, as Marvel and DC brings in cosmology, timelines and dimension scaling.

They just set so much cornerstones for modern day character versus debating.

I wanna hear this
The "main close connection" between Donald Duck and Mitsuru Kirijo is that both "are garbage in healing themselves and healing others at critical moments". Also cue attack move and cue marin karin.

a ******* preview of all things is trending
This is a thing... Weird but also means people are excited to see Vegeta about to get godblasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back