• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that isnt mcu thor btw
maybe but it looks like it
marvel-avengers-alliance-thor-loki-black-widow-simon-williams-png-favpng-WLMm5RMF42RxZz6C6CYQjeEQa.jpg

yeah I fully expect hand-drawn close-up shots plus a 3D setting. This is going to be pretty neat. With 3D there's always a risk of Blakasa and AkuKahn tier fights.

Black vs RF was praised even by most critical audience, so this should be a neat episode.

Jinxly was great for 3D but that fight wasn't H2H, this one will be.

I would love to see Arthas vs Anakin. That is even a thematic fight. They both were chosen ones who felt to darkness due to their insecurities and external influence.

Lanipator as Vegeta was basically a given, but it's nice to have confirmation. And given the sprites available for both characters(MvC2, Extreme Butoden, etc.), I'm OK with it being a sprite matchup.

Making educated guesses predictions for the rest of the season:

Since Tetsuo is likely fighting Magneto and not Mewtwo, that means the doors open for a different Pokémon episode (imagine being the biggest media franchise in the history of the world and only getting one episode a season, if that). I'd place my bets on Arceus, who's probably going to brutalise Amaterasu.

They've talked about bringing back Guilty Gear, and given how well Strive did, The big candidates are a Sol runback or Ky.

Metroid is in a 50/50 camp for me. Probably Ridley, maybe a Samus runback against Chief or X, probably not Dark Samus.

Placing my bets now, if we get another Dragon Ball character this season, it'll be Cell or Frieza.

Fire Emblem probably happening in the latter half of the season. Given the amount of time between Ben asking for Spider-Gwen opponents and Spider-Gwens debut, and applying that to when Ben asked about Fire Emblem matchups, I'd expect something Fire Emblem in the latter half of the season. The more popular options are Dmitri/Guts, Ike/Siegfried, Lucina/Kitana (even though Clairen's better), Marth/Erdrick, Edelgard/Kylo Ren (I believe Liam said he liked this one?).

With more thought, I actually don't think we're getting Hunter X Hunter this season. Going over the two most likely options, Kars vs Meruem likely isn't happening given that Tanjiro vs Jonathan covered the Jojo quota for the season, and Gon vs Deku likely isn't happening, either. Because MHA is confirmed to be ending later this year, I can easily see them putting Deku vs Gon on the shelf for next year, and they have other non-Deku options for MHA (Bakugou, Uraraka, Stain, etc.).

Its ridiculous
Thor just shuts Vegeta down viciously idk why folks are having PTSD

Yeah they can mix up Vegeta sprite like they did with Black in his fight
Its the fact that Hulk lost to Broly. That's literally all it is. All the marvel bros got PTSD off that fight from big green man get trounced, and are terrified at the notion of big norse man getting dicked down in similar fashion, even though it should be obvious he won't.

Its the fact that Hulk lost to Broly. That's literally all it is. All the marvel bros got PTSD off that fight from big green man get trounced, and are terrified at the notion of big norse man getting dicked down in similar fashion, even though it should be obvious he won't.
Thor has Hax while Jolly Green was Hax resistant and only had the green door

Not to mention Thor has Skyfather scailing

They need to relax

With more thought, I actually don't think we're getting Hunter X Hunter this season. Going over the two most likely options, Kars vs Meruem likely isn't happening given that Tanjiro vs Jonathan covered the Jojo quota for the season, and Gon vs Deku likely isn't happening, either. Because MHA is confirmed to be ending later this year, I can easily see them putting Deku vs Gon on the shelf for next year, and they have other non-Deku options for MHA (Bakugou, Uraraka, Stain, etc.).
Maybe Kurapika vs Scar?

Oh yeah, Blake vs Mikasa is way too overhated as well.

Yeah yeah, its RWBY and they wasted 3D on it but its not that bad.

Its legitimate frame rate issues hurt it, but that point is somehow not brought up as much as main critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back