• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish the blogs were a little more widespread sometimes, cause they pretty clearly scale to time eater and solaris's stuff in the blog, even though no mention of it was in the actual episode.

So, I just finished OMORI, and the titular character would be interesting to see.

SomethingToPurify.jpg

Omori vs The Batter. Without spoiling either of them...
  • Monochromatic RPGmaker protagonists
  • Both use more mundane items as their weapons of choice
The rest of the connections have some spoilers though, and OMORI is a game you really don't want to be spoiled for. OFF less so since that game's been out for years and most people who have wanted to play it already have, and also only really has one major twist.

• Both were created by children (Specifically Sunny and Hugo respectively)
  • Both are also capable of killing their creators, Omori able to kill Sunny's personality and The Batter being able to kill Hugo outright.
  • Despite being the main playable characters, they're the game's primary villains
  • Both also can be the final boss despite the player starting off playing as them
  • Both utilize additional objects to attack with, Omori with Red Hands and The Batter with Add-Ons.
The music could also be great, starting off with a happy-go-lucky battle theme in vein of Pepper Steak and... well... any of OMORI's excellent battle themes. Then, as each character's true colors shine through, it could go to something akin to Avatar Beat and OMORI - ALTER (The latter of which is my favorite final boss theme of all time in context).

As for who wins, OMORI is shiny and new, and has yet to be feat scaled. Some people are saying 4-A due to the whole dream world thing, and if we had as much lenience on it as we do with Yume Nikki it could even go up to tier 2. However, both of those are iffy and I haven't been able to find/calc good feats below that. However, Omori himself has a good amount of hax and would be really hard to The Batter to kill with anything short of purification, which he might not be able to do anyways thanks to Omori and Sunny. Since Omori can only really die if Sunny accepts his guilt, and The Batter can't really cause that to happen, it's only a matter of time before Omori erases him or banishes him to Black Space.

I actually have a beta profile for Omori for those who are interested.

tbh, for how good Shadow vs Ryuko was it'll be surpassed in quality by a real fight in the form of Godzilla vs Kong.
But yeah I took a look at those blogs, a little too bad those MTFL+ feats for Shadow got rejected even though it means nothing now cause Shadow won fair and square

Yeah it kinda sucks that the Massively FTL+ stuff wasn't totally accepted, but in the end it didn't matter much in regards to Shadow vs Ryuko.

Y'know, I'd really like to see Bowser brought back eventually. Not sure who'd he fight since I doubt they'd bring back Dedede and especially Ganon, but I want to see them represent him better than as an illiterate buffon whose only magical power was shapeshifting.

Yeah it kinda sucks that the Massively FTL+ stuff wasn't totally accepted, but in the end it didn't matter much in regards to Shadow vs Ryuko.

Y'know, I'd really like to see Bowser brought back eventually. Not sure who'd he fight since I doubt they'd bring back Dedede and especially Ganon, but I want to see them represent him better than as an illiterate buffon whose only magical power was shapeshifting.
It would never officially happen, but I think Bowser vs Frieza is a great match with great dialogue options

Unrelated, Dante needs to fight Kratos so he can continue the tradition of beating up people's dads

4be54941.png

Having Ryuko face Shadow pissed me off cause its such an obvious stomp against her.

One of the things that DB does that really irks me but I love it overall, but that bit just irritates me. Stop giving my favs shitty MUs.

Having Ryuko face Shadow pissed me off cause its such an obvious stomp against her.

One of the things that DB does that really irks me but I love it overall, but that bit just irritates me. Stop giving my favs shitty MUs.
Like @Tipper17 already mentioned several posts ago, most DBs are conceptually stomps if you really scratch beneath the surface.

Essentially if the match up makes sense, is entertaining to watch and draws in the audience for the $$$ that matters most to DB, which is perfectly fine tbh.

From what I’ve heard, Ryuko doesn’t have many good matchups. I wouldn’t know though because I haven’t watched many Gainax or studio trigger shows

Like @Tipper17 already mentioned several posts ago, most DBs are conceptually stomps if you really scratch beneath the surface.

Essentially if the match up makes sense, is entertaining to watch and draws in the audience for the $$$ that matters most to DB, which is perfectly fine tbh.
Winner
Also to add Shadow makes sense from a financial Standpoint
He one of the more notable and popular sonic Characters
Akame wouldn't do much for Numbers especially when Esdeath match barley getting near 2mil for her fight
Same with Tatsumi
Masane is a unknown and obscure
Crona had Venom and Carnage who were the former most requested
From what I’ve heard, Ryuko doesn’t have many good matchups. I wouldn’t know though because I haven’t watched many Gainax or studio trigger shows
Ryuko would murder majority of her MU given the stats they gave her

I finally came around to seeing the Death Battle.

*I think Ryuko's AP and regeneration were done a great justice. Very good job there.

*Her speed was lowballed IMO but I still think it was pretty good.

*Lifting strength was also a bit lowballed because I think Alumni Mode was way bigger than they gave it credit for, but that's a minor nitpick. Especially since it has close to no relevance to the actual fight.

*The animation did a good job at showcasing Ryuko's adaptability and mid-fight evolutions.

*I think they did good on Shadow's AP and abilities.

*Shadow's speed was definitely downplayed though. Not that it mattered since they still put him at being able to blitz Ryuko, but Shadow is much faster than they gave him credit for.

*I'm glad KLK: IF wasn't used because it's noncanon and could've opened the door for some of Shadow's ridiculous high ends to be used as well.

So overall while not perfect it was a very good video in my opinion. Death Battle has really stepped up their game. I'm glad they handled my favorite fictional character well.

Last edited:
I do want to note that a member of the research team did state that it is a close fight, and took a while into researching to decide who wins.
I don't see how its close
Sure you could argue Luthor have Doom beat In strength and but like Doom has his ass beat by miles if we want to go down that route as well given the Opponents he fought which is far better than Luthor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back