• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also to add on to this
Remember when Beerus was gonna have his fight on DB and most folks thought Hades was gonna be his opponent?
yet he Fought Galaxia
and you wanna know why?
SS is not well known in the states
The researcher didn't even knew who Hades
Galaxia can be argued to be a who as well but what helped Galaxia get on the show instead were these factors
  1. She's from Sailor Moon the DB of Magical Girls Genre and the show is far well known in the states
  2. DB/Sailor Moon Fanfic crossover/Rivalry
  3. Beerus being a far bigger Draw
viola Galaxia being in while Hades chances are near non existent

I'm not surprised that the battle is Lex vs Doom tbh. I haven't even heard of Gil vs Doom as an idea until coming on this forum (though yeah, its a much cooler idea imo)

Gunvolt would be cool on DB but I don't really think they have any decent opponents that aren't taken by more popular matchups. Like, Cole vs Gunvolt is cool but Cole vs Alex exists

Refer to cal's post.

If you really think they aren't going to do Marvel and DC stuff this season that's your fault. Every single death battle season has at least 2 Marvel/DC Matches.

And no, it's not a stomp, actually. Yeah, Doom wins, but You underestimate Lex.

Once again, under DB rules, Gil beats Doom with more ease than Doom beats Lex
literally everyone says that doom stomps lex but i dont know much about comics so i can be wrong

Gunvolt would be cool on DB but I don't really think they have any decent opponents that aren't taken by more popular matchups. Like, Cole vs Gunvolt is cool but Cole vs Alex exists

Refer to cal's post.

If you really think they aren't going to do Marvel and DC stuff this season that's your fault. Every single death battle season has at least 2 Marvel/DC Matches.

And no, it's not a stomp, actually. Yeah, Doom wins, but You underestimate Lex.

Once again, under DB rules, Gil beats Doom with more ease than Doom beats Lex
Doom beats gil*

@Tipper17 yeah, plus Hades has better match ups then Beerus and really what's the connections besides both being gods?
I'd recommend Goku Black as a candidate but the chances of Reverse Flash or this Omega person being his opponent are way higher

also to add on to this
Remember when Beerus was gonna have his fight on DB and most folks thought Hades was gonna be his opponent?
yet he Fought Galaxia
and you wanna know why?
SS is not well known in the states
The researcher didn't even knew who Hades
Galaxia can be argued to be a who as well but what helped Galaxia get on the show instead were these factors
  1. She's from Sailor Moon the DB of Magical Girls Genre and the show is far well known in the states
  2. DB/Sailor Moon Fanfic crossover/Rivalry
  3. Beerus being a far bigger Draw
viola Galaxia being in while Hades chances are near non existent
@Tipper17 yeah, plus Hades has better match ups then Beerus and really what's the connections besides both being gods?
I'd recommend Goku Black as a candidate but the chances of Reverse Flash or this Omega person being his opponent are way higher
purple theme gods and that's it
Galaxia by association and better theme was a lock to get in against beerus

Omega chances of Fighting Black are low as shit and the only reason it ain't near oblivion is whether DB wiling to do a DB vs DC fight again outside of DBX

is Link vs Astolfo a thing becuase some circles of the net mistake for being a gender they're not?
-Both of them served as Royal Knights/Paladins
-Both of them come back to life after they die (Throne of Heroes and Reincarnation)
-Both are a master of various weapons including spears, lances, magic, and even musical instruments
-Both are masters of mounted combat (Hippogriff and Epona)
-Both have taken multiple incarnations (Astolfo's multiple classes and Link's multiple incarnation)
-Both of them have become rather popular as of late for feminine clothing (thanks to Gerudo Link)
-Both have participated in massive crossover events where they fight against and alongside other famous figures (Fate/Grand Order and Super Smash Bros)
-Both have taken on threats way out of their league including giant flying fortresses and survived
-Both of them are time travellers

Astolfo is Non-Binary and uses He/They pronouns it's easy to understand smh

I'm torn. On one hand I want everyone to dislike Doctor Doom vs Lex Luthor so DB dosn't feel like this sort of thing is okay. On the other hand we don't even know how long they've had this match planned and if Doom vs Gil was even popular at the time. And also it could possibly be good.

Of course despite my moral compass I'm leaning towards the first one because spite is the greatest motivator a human can have.

Wait, he is? Or they are? I mean I know F/GO has them listed as "Unknown Gender" but Astolfo has also become the Fate Series' biggest inside joke so you know.
Astolfo has interchangeably used and been referred to as a guy and neither, and scribbled out his own gender. He's referred to himself as both a "man" and a "maiden" before.

tumblr_p7zso6YFb11tqw94do2_540.jpg
tumblr_p7zso6YFb11tqw94do3_1280.jpg

Slightly unrelated, while grabbing these images I found this on Mordred

EHW-gJJWkAEWdnl

You forgot to add the crossed out text to your sarcasm. It's under the three dots next to the color pallet. You click it and there's a dropdown menu.
For real. I saw the feats people gave to Doom and there were out of context at best, and doing my own research everyone just misses all the more abundant anti-feats he has.
Give me a reason to waste the time on VSBW staff
Yet you can quote my comment and say that Doom is a herald tier, that sounds ok.

Yet you can quote my comment and say that Doom is a herald tier, that sounds ok.
Well, I'm a casual user of the site and you're a staff who's one of the first people Antvasima goes to for comics threads

I don't see why I should need to justify my stance on someone who serves as one of the most significant examples of why nobody takes this site's comic profiles seriously, including this site's own users and even a good chunk of the staff.

Wait, I just realized something. The battle happens in two weeks. Early April. They work on Death Battles not long before they're released, so they almost certainly know about Doom vs Gilgamesh and Doom vs Lex heavily falling out of favor.

What if Lex being Doom's matchup is an April Fools Day joke?

The fecking cosmic cube is listed under his standard equipment.
It's not. His armor is, the rest is OE. Imagine if it really was, many of the last comics I saw him in would make no sense at all.
Just watch Nemesis' video on the subject. I don't feel like writing a paragraph as to why you're wrong.
Your first thing to say on the matter couldn't be more wrong, and I already watched that video and made a comment on it;

"You got a lot of things wrong for Doom. You gave him a lot of things that aren't standard equipment or needed him to do rituals, work around and have momentary amps. Having spells that call on the power of X characters don't give one as much power as those characters, only some empowered fraction, all Faltine aren't as powerful and modern Dormammu is a joke to his classic version when he was that powerful. And the biggest thing, scaling Doom to Thor or SS isn't nearly as consistent as scaling Lex to the top-tiers of the JL (assuming Supes' full power is above it), Lex has its feats and that's that, Doom is a FF enemy, he fights evenly with them, loses to them and can overpower them at times, against more powerful foes he needs prep, robots, sucks their power, etc. Not only was Doom indirectly hit by that blast that knocked out Galactus, but he was also nearly killed by Kang making a mini nuke on him some few issues around where that happened in Secret Wars, and more notably later in those comics a casual attack from Galactus only aimed to get Doom out of his ship nearly killed him, left him exhausted and dramatically demoralized him to do anything. Doom punching Mephisto was just an illusion Mephisto made to hype him up and torment him better, unless you want to say that Doom can do that at base or that Mephisto gave him the very armor he used to do that.

I f*cking love Doom but he lacks the speed Lex scales to and that's that, he loses. Unless Lex having his armor means they both have prep/can bring non-standard things to the battle, in which case Doom takes it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back