• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it kinda sucks that the Massively FTL+ stuff wasn't totally accepted, but in the end it didn't matter much in regards to Shadow vs Ryuko.

Y'know, I'd really like to see Bowser brought back eventually. Not sure who'd he fight since I doubt they'd bring back Dedede and especially Ganon, but I want to see them represent him better than as an illiterate buffon whose only magical power was shapeshifting.
Bowser has nobody, unfortunately. There's Lord Hater from Wander over Yonder and the obvious Eggman match to continue the rivalry. Neither are good fights.

Brandon knew what would happen today. I'm really happy he decided to soften the blow with Fate in his matchup today.
I doubt Brandon cares enough about Fate to save a commission release for this specific day seeing as he's never done anything fate-related before and he got the franchise Iskandar was from wrong before correcting it (It said "fire emblem" beforehand)

The only rematch (and Death Battle for that matter) that I want nowadays in Eggman vs Wily 2, so that it can finally have an actual winner and feel less of a fanfic

That's kinda funny when you think about it, because both Yoda and Ryuko died from being vaporized by their opponents' strongest attack so let's see if Doom vs Luthor keeps that up
Doom vs Luthor better include the following

6114985-8357870991-super.jpg

0gPKQG.gif

last but not least the killing blow
263.jpg

than its far beyond useless

Also I want to get something off my chest.

This Marvel vs DC crap has to stop. You're being annoying.

No crap the two most popular super-franchises in the world get a ton of representation. The only series that's been on this show that's as iconic as Marvel and DC when it comes to superheroes is Dragon Ball. Not Mario. Not Star Wars. Not Sonic. Not Pokemon. Not Naruto. And certainly not Fate. And seeing Doom in the beginning, while yes, Gil would totally be a more diverse fight, you'd be off your rocker if you thought that matchup was more iconic than Lex vs Doom, something that's been a rivalry for the past several decades. And yes, Fate would by far be the hardest franchise to explain on Death Battle. It would make Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear combined look like explaining Broly. Contrary to popular belief, the series isn't made for you. It's made for the casuals, not the weebs who spend half their paycheck on trying to get Mordred in F/GO. And I wonder what made more money between Fate and hell...just the DCEU alone. Fate will get in of course. Saber killing Erza or Lucina is inevitable. But shut up about them passing up the "obvious" match when if you know a thing about marketing, it's not the obvious match at all.

This is to nobody in particular. Just those who won't stop complaining.

No crap the two most popular super-franchises in the world get a ton of representation. The only series that's been on this show that's as iconic as Marvel and DC when it comes to superheroes is Dragon Ball. Not Mario. Not Star Wars. Not Sonic. Not Pokemon. Not Naruto. And certainly not Fate. And seeing Doom in the beginning, while yes, Gil would totally be a more diverse fight, you'd be off your rocker if you thought that matchup was more iconic than Lex vs Doom, something that's been a rivalry for the past several decades. And yes, Fate would by far be the hardest franchise to explain on Death Battle. It would make Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear combined look like explaining Broly. Contrary to popular belief, the series isn't made for you. It's made for the casuals, not the weebs who spend half their paycheck on trying to get Mordred in F/GO. And I wonder what made more money between Fate and hell...just the DCEU alone. Fate will get in of course. Saber killing Erza or Lucina is inevitable. But shut up about them passing up the "obvious" match when if you know a thing about marketing, it's not the obvious match at all.

Holy ******* shit dude you killed them

ok but using booster gold was a bit much

still a worse matchup that gil vs doom

if by "a bit much" you mean BOOSTERRIFIC
Yeah, for some reason DB knocks battles with absolute "Who?"s out of the ******* park. Lucy, Booster Gold, Lobo (debatably)...

Why do you think I want them to tackle the Indie games that me and five other people like?

Edit: Lobo is debatably a Who, Lobo vs Ghost Rider was amazing.

Look, Gil vs Doom is a cooler matchup, yes

BUT

Lex vs Doom is:
-More Iconic
-More Popular
-Has more of a history
-More mainstream

I genuinely don't understand why anyone actually thought that Death Battle would do a match that only became popular recently, during the anniversary season where they're celebrating their biggest matchups with long histories behind them

And this isn't a jab at VSBW either, I saw this on G1 and Twitter as well. Lord knows I did my best to try and manage people's expectations

Look, Gil vs Doom is a cooler matchup, yes

BUT

Lex vs Doom is:
-More Iconic
-More Popular
-Has more of a history
-More mainstream

I genuinely don't understand why anyone actually thought that Death Battle would do a match that only became popular recently, during the anniversary season where they're celebrating their biggest matchups with long histories behind them
yes but that doesnt change the fact that is another DC vs Marvel plus is a stomp

i been saying this regarding Ryuko MU
Db a Buisness at the end of the day you want obscure character to get in
have them face someone who's far more well known
Yeah, for some reason DB knocks battles with absolute "Who?"s out of the ******* park. Lucy, Booster Gold, Lobo (debatably)...

Why do you think I want them to tackle the Indie games that me and five other people like?

Edit: Lobo is debatably a Who, Lobo vs Ghost Rider was amazing.
i feel like folks kinda undersell booster and lucy a bit
Lucy was baby's first edgy anime in the mid-2000s with classic OP
Booster appear in the DCAU and had a episode dedicated to him along with being in the BTAB heavily and appearing in JL action cartoon

Azure Striker Gunvolt, mainly, though there are others. I think Shovel Knight's the only indie character that's been on DB, anyways.
Gunvolt would be cool on DB but I don't really think they have any decent opponents that aren't taken by more popular matchups. Like, Cole vs Gunvolt is cool but Cole vs Alex exists
yes but that doesnt change the fact that is another DC vs Marvel plus is a stomp
Refer to cal's post.

If you really think they aren't going to do Marvel and DC stuff this season that's your fault. Every single death battle season has at least 2 Marvel/DC Matches.

And no, it's not a stomp, actually. Yeah, Doom wins, but You underestimate Lex.

Once again, under DB rules, Gil beats Doom with more ease than Doom beats Lex

Alright. I'll say as many positive things about Lex Luthor vs Doctor Doom as possible.
  1. The banter will be god tier even if not as god tier as Doom vs Gil would have been.
  2. It's a loss for DC
  3. This isn't gonna be Doom's last chance for an actual good matchup. Doom's obviously going to be in the MCU, and as shown with Captain Marvel DB is willing to give characters who suddenly become popular thanks to the MCU another matchup. And Doom will be popular if they handle him with anywhere near the respect he deserves like they did with Thanos.
  4. This episode's probably going to be a shitpost goldmine
yeah... that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back