• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zangestu is really more Julius Belmont. Not Ritcher
Idk, Zangetsu seems more like Richter to me
Both are the hunters of unholy (Richter is a vampire hunter and Zangetsu is a demon hunter) that wield powerful weapons that are perfect for killing unholy creatures (Vampire Killer and Zangetsuto) and these weapons are also very important in the games. Both are fighting unholy creatures in the castles. They also got possesed by the evil guys (Richter was possesed by Shaft in SOTN and Zangetsu was possesed by Gremory in Curse of The Moon).

Joycap Xeno Discussion Slate - Ziggurat 8 (A.K.A: Ziggy).

ZiggyAndTheCannons.gif

Recently, I've been thinking about characters with more niche MU pools, or those with oddly specific relations (either that, or my tiny mind hasn't looked into as much media as I thought I have). On my 64-grid Xeno MU charts, you may have noticed that I have James Ironwood (RWBY) as his current opponent, but between army-leading, Egil being an equally applicable MU for James, and a colossal Dura/DC discrepancy in BOTH cases, I don't think this is going to hold.

So, for Ziggy's applicable MUs, here's some of the pre-requisites (given that Xenosaga characters don't have pages atm):

Power: 3-C and up (Durability, based on encounters from the Testaments such as Voyager). 3-C+ AP (scaling) with potentially 7-A+ observed feats (Meteor Shot Tech Attack in 1 has him literally summon meteors similar to those with that AP. The Mizrahi's also laced him with technology that allowed Johacim's Realian armies to city bust Labarynthos / Old Miltia). Lightning timer.

Fighting Style: CQC boxer with the ability to summon various weapons at will (Rocket Launchers, Cannons, conduct Lightning, switch blade, aforementioned meteors, you name it). Can be interpreted as a 'grappler' of sorts (see Choke).

Personality: Robotic, quite literally. Mild mannered, with a calculated approach to a fight. Occasionally still has trauma from Erich (Voyager) slaughtering his wife and son.

"Only allow yourself to think of numbers and battle strategy. Don't let your mind wander to the faces or voices of those precious to you... even when it seems cruel not to. Too intense of an interference will overwhelm and ruin everything. That's what I've learned over these past hundred years."

Story links
: Cyborg who underwent experiments on his very being in order to escape the trauma gone past (see again, dead wife and kids). Was also resurrected 100s of years prior to the events of the game, and has existential crises about the length of life.

Anyone this sounds like?

Question, how many characters in death battle actually need to come back?
I'd say 3 years to kill, as far as eligibility.

As for who needs to come back? Sora comes to mind, I remember Xenoblade fans getting gypped out of an applicable matchup that isn't lightning plus the fact that this was before KHIII came out so he'd probably want some kind of update.

Bayonetta also got kind of a raw deal. Not necessarily for vs Dante if our pages are to be believed, but because she got put at... what, large building throwing (/lifting) in verses that deal with 2-C+ constructs on the regular? Pft.
Also because I'm being a Xenotard atm I'd bring up Billy Lee Black or Rubedo (Jr.) for opponents, but idk if there's much beyond 'guns and religion', and the other I already booked in for Jeanne, so... eh?

I also hate the idea of even bringing up Red vs Tai again, but I was never against the idea of verse god tiers going against each other (Any of Gen 4's legends, Ultra Necrozma, Zygarde-Complete or Mega Rayquaza, depending on your frame of reference). Maybe don't call a result off of nostalgia bait mid-tiers next time, k?

Yang Xiao Long could also do with a return with modern rulesets. People bring up Bakugo like he's the second coming of the messiah, and I certainly wouldn't be mad at that idea, but I get an urge to say 'that's too mainstream' without any idea who I could bring up instead.
I'd also say 'see my earlier Ziggy post', but idk if I want to save that for better MUs, or concede it might be a false equivalency.

Bayonetta also got kind of a raw deal. Not necessarily for vs Dante if our pages are to be believed, but because she got put at... what, large building throwing (/lifting) in verses that deal with 2-C+ constructs on the regular? Pft.
Is there any other MU you rather have for Bayo?
Yang Xiao Long could also do with a return with modern rulesets. People bring up Bakugo like he's the second coming of the messiah, and I certainly wouldn't be mad at that idea, but I get an urge to say 'that's too mainstream' without any idea who I could bring up instead.
I'd also say 'see my earlier Ziggy post', but idk if I want to save that for better MUs, or concede it might be a false equivalency.
Tbh, I rather see Bakugo fight Raph

Bowser absolutely needs to come back, be it against Dedede or Eggman or someone else.
Doesn’t Bowser have like 5 good matchups left? I think so too if that’s the case, I can see him coming back once or twice
I almost wanna do a list of "bannable" ehh fights.

Kratos was kinda wasted and Vegeta vs Thor is a thing.

Also listing the order in X vs Y in text but having Y vs X in thumbnail bothers me.
I’m honestly wondering now, why did they pick Kratos to fight spawn, I’m guessing it’s probably because “le god killer”
m084bb2wfzg71.png

Felix the Cat VS Pac-Man (DreamWorks VS Namco )
Felix the cat is dreamworks?

I prefer SpongeBob vs Pac-Man over Felix vs Pac-Man, tbh. It may sound incredibly generic at first glance (eternally cheerful yellow mascots), which is what I used to think too, but hear me out.

1. They are the square and circle characters, respectively (SpongeBob is the most popular square character of all time, same can be said with Pac-Man with circle). Not many other fictional characters can be defined based on their shape.
  2. Both have unorthodox combat methods (SpongeBob weaponizes bubble-blowing, his malleable body, his wacky karate techniques, and his fry cook skills; Pac-Man utilizes pellets, his similarly malleable body, chasing after his opponent, and unusual hand-to-hand combat methods like butt bouncing).
  3. They are extremely passionate about food (SpongeBob absolutely loves making Krabby Patties, and Pac-Man loves...well, eating a lot of food).
  4. Their creators were inspired by rather simple things (Stephen Hillenburg was influenced by Rocko's Modern Life when he was working on it, and Pac-Man's design comes from Toru Iwatani noticing a missing slice of pizza in his pizza box during his lunch break). They then went on to inspire other things once their creations became massive successes (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was inspired by SpongeBob, with Flapjack being an inspiration for Adventure Time and Regular Show, and Frogger with Pac-Man).
  5. Although they live everyday lives (SpongeBob works at a fast food joint and Pac-Man is a father of two kids), they manage to go on adventures of all sorts, usually stemming from their clumsy mistakes (SpongeBob is naive and Pac-Man easily gets distracted by food).
I still love SpongeBob vs Chowder, but this is definitely my go-to matchup for Pac-Man nowadays.

I prefer SpongeBob vs Pac-Man over Felix vs Pac-Man, tbh. It may sound incredibly generic at first glance (eternally cheerful yellow mascots), which is what I used to think too, but hear me out.

1. They are the square and circle characters, respectively (SpongeBob is the most popular square character of all time, same can be said with Pac-Man with circle). Not many other fictional characters can be defined based on their shape.
  2. Both have unorthodox combat methods (SpongeBob weaponizes bubble-blowing, his malleable body, his wacky karate techniques, and his fry cook skills; Pac-Man utilizes pellets, his similarly malleable body, chasing after his opponent, and unusual hand-to-hand combat methods like butt bouncing).
  3. They are extremely passionate about food (SpongeBob absolutely loves making Krabby Patties, and Pac-Man loves...well, eating a lot of food).
  4. Their creators were inspired by rather simple things (Stephen Hillenburg was influenced by Rocko's Modern Life when he was working on it, and Pac-Man's design comes from Toru Iwatani noticing a missing slice of pizza in his pizza box during his lunch break). They then went on to inspire other things once their creations became massive successes (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was inspired by SpongeBob, with Flapjack being an inspiration for Adventure Time and Regular Show, and Frogger with Pac-Man).
  5. Although they live everyday lives (SpongeBob works at a fast food joint and Pac-Man is a father of two kids), they manage to go on adventures of all sorts, usually stemming from their clumsy mistakes (SpongeBob is naive and Pac-Man easily gets distracted by food).
I still love SpongeBob vs Chowder, but this is definitely my go-to matchup for Pac-Man nowadays.
It is still kinda generic at second glance

Yeah sorry but majority of those connections sound generic. Also you don't need a bunch of connections for characters as simple as Spongebob and Pac-Man.

Ok, rudeness time.

The Bannable Ehh Episodes aka DBX Assist Trophy episodes:

• Silver vs Trunks
  • Rouge vs Sly
  • Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter
  • Gohan vs Superboy
  • Catwoman vs Black Cat

Arguably Vegeta vs Thor & Black vs RF belong here, but they do have the "it" factors these lack, so they might get a pass.

Suggest more episodes like Venom vs Bane & Flash vs QS to get banned unless they have "it" factor.

Eh, it's still something compared to SpongeBob vs Gumball
Spongebob vs Gumball is actually okay to me.

Why Felix vs Pacman tho?

Especially when there's Pac-man vs Yusuke Urameshi Luigi[/S]
And Felix the Cat (Composite) vs Pink Panther

Is Felix one of those cartoon characters with absurd Toon Force?
Yes yes yes yes yes.gif

Oh I hate to say but Naruto suffers more losses than it should.

Like how many wins does the verse have? Naruto Uzumaki (Part II: War Arc) against Ichigo Kurosaki (Post-Timeskip) and Might Guy against All Might. That 's all folks.

And then we have Gaara lost to Toph Beifong, Jiraiya lost to Master Roshi, Sasuke Uchiha (Part II) lost to Hiei, Kakashi Hatake lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rock Lee lost to Sanji (Post-Timeskip).
Then we wll likely have Madara Uchiha vs Sosuke Aizen, Sakura Haruno vs Rukia Kuchiki or Morgiana or (a low chance) Rin Tohsaka, Hinata Hyūga vs Orihime Inoue, Sasori vs Alice Margatroid, Orochimaru vs Medusa Gorgon, ... Naruto "is the Marvel" in Japanese media in Death Battle.

Ok, rudeness time.

The Bannable Ehh Episodes aka DBX Assist Trophy episodes:

• Silver vs Trunks
  • Rouge vs Sly
  • Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter
  • Gohan vs Superboy
  • Catwoman vs Black Cat

Arguably Vegeta vs Thor & Black vs RF belong here, but they do have the "it" factors these lack, so they might get a pass.

Suggest more episodes like Venom vs Bane & Flash vs QS to get banned unless they have "it" factor.
Silver vs Trunks, Rouge vs Sly, and Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter should become real episodes tbh

I almost feel like Kratos was on purpose fed to Spawn because what the hell is that matchup.
i mean it did have connections TBF and it is a close debate
We know Gaara L was Wrong
Jiraiya L make Sense
Hiei should've Lost but we know that deal lol
Kakashi L legit
Rock Lee L is 50/50 depending on how you look at the 8 Gates
so only Gaara and Sasuke L should've been W's
Silver vs Trunks, Rouge vs Sly, and Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter should become real episodes tbh
I mean they are popular and DB has done basic fights...

But they are still so... ehh
yeah thats the problem
Picoolo vs MM is just Superman vs Goku: Green Alien Edition and one that just have MM stomping piccolo to the ground horribly
Same deal with Gohan vs Superboy Sidekicks edition and only thing going for it is a possible Gohan W

CatCat is zzzz
Rouge vs Sly could be fun at least
Silver vs Trunks is a case of getting it over with cause there alternatives are ass cheeks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back