• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ngl, my biggest complaint with Wally vs Archie is that for characters who's gimmick is going super fast they didn't do a lot for their speed outside of running through the Cosmic Interstate.
Like at least do something like Strange vs Fate and have them enter other universes/references to older death battles through sheer speed or something, it makes the fight look more interesting

Wow, you use Emojis. How quirky and cool. I'm sure you have a lot of sex.

Also, I was talking about liking Ben vs Hal and Wally vs Archie, not GB vs RF. I agree it is a popular matchup (Even though it shouldn't be).
They’re pretty decent (6/10) episodes all things considered, though they both coincidentally suffer from subpar endings and analysis.

Ben vs Hal had the best OST in the history of the show and the animation was pretty good, but Ben’s versatility was sorta underutilized (he used like 3 aliens before going god mode?) and the death deserved all the salt it got, it sucked.

I actually found Wally vs Sonic meh looking back on it. On one hand my favorite character got representation but they ****** up his characterization, had him die to flimsy copout time travel nonsense, and I found the “punched so hard he relived his history” thing asinine. They also didn’t even mention Sonic’s Multiversal power I’m pretty sure.

Speaking of which
So far S8 strongest Winners
1/2 Dr.Doom/Shadow
3.Star
4.Cloud
5.King Mickey
8.Heihachi
7.Po
8.Mikasa

*King Mickey has some arguments to put him at Uni so he could be around the third strongest
Iron Man could take the number one spot when he beats Bruce

Ngl, my biggest complaint with Wally vs Archie is that for characters who's gimmick is going super fast they didn't do a lot for their speed outside of running through the Cosmic Interstate.
Like at least do something like Strange vs Fate and have them enter other universes/references to older death battles through sheer speed or something, it makes the fight look more interesting
When Koopa did what you say and Wally with Sonic not.

Speaking of which
1/2 Dr.Doom/Shadow
3.Star
4.Cloud
5.King Mickey
8.Heihachi
7.Po
8.Mikasa

*King Mickey has some arguments to put him at Uni so he could be around the third strongest
I'd put doom above shadow TBH, has better speed and durability feats and has hax way above even Archie's pay grade

I actually found Wally vs Sonic meh looking back on it. On one hand my favorite character got good representation but they ****** up his characterization, had him die to flimsy copout time travel nonsense, and I found the “punched so hard he relived his history” thing asinine.
They also didn’t even mention Sonic’s Multiversal power I’m pretty sure.
Oh they did I think, specifically scaling Sonic's potency to the Super Genesis Wave. But it didn't matter since IIRC they scaled Wally to the Anti Monitor and the time he and Barry were gonna collapse the multiverse from running too fast

Oh they did I think, specifically scaling Sonic's potency to the Super Genesis Wave. But it didn't matter since IIRC they scaled Wally to the Anti Monitor and the time he and Barry were gonna collapse the multiverse from running too fast
Yeah I’m aware they’re both Multi+, I just wish they put more emphasis on some of Sonic’s more important feats.

Ben vs Hal suffered besides the (obvious reasons) time restraints and Budget
Swan Script for Ben vs Hal was far longer than it was originally
Plus Ben didn't have alot of resources besides his OG Aliens
Alien X was Custom Made and Way Big was Handrawn
Flash vs Archie Sonic had a good fight but obviously could've done more with either abilities and fuckery

So basically, you're saying that Ben vs Hal's issues are essentially the embodiment of "Time, huh?". Now that meme makes more sense in hindsight
Yep ironically enough
The reason why Wally truly won according to research team wasn't even mentioned in the episode.
The research team have more time to explain why character x wins reasonably which needs to be translated to the show

The research team have more time to explain why character x wins reasonably which needs to be translated to the show
Yes, but according to recent post by Ultraguy Sonic only barely lost. They had such a heavy debate that Ben joined in too.

Yet in episode writing Wally practically countered everything Sonic had and there was no mention Bleed's higher dimensionality being the wincon.

Speaking of which
1/2 Dr.Doom/Shadow
3.Star
4.Cloud
5.King Mickey
8.Heihachi
7.Po
8.Mikasa

Why is Heihachi above Po? Like does he even have a way to skadoosh Po, kill him in the spirit realm, and get back?

Who's Swan and why would him having that episode be bad?
Liam Swan?
A researcher and writer for Death Battle.

And afaik he is better than that lousy Hershel Lousyton.

Yes, but according to recent post by Ultraguy Sonic only barely lost. They had such a heavy debate that Ben joined in too.

Yet in episode writing Wally practically countered everything Sonic had and there was no mention Bleed's higher dimensionality being the wincon.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back