• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok lets go, listing franchises that should be in DB eventually. Star Trek & LoTR are classic ones. Horror movies too.
There also plenty of Anime/Manga series, both classic and modern that are very popular world wide that deserve their own episodes.

Saint Seiya, Lupin III, Getter Robo, Hunter x Hunter, Toriko, Medaka Box, Black Lagoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Devilman, Trigun, The Guyver, Nanatsu no Taizai, Bastard!!, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Heroic Age, Fight! Iczer One, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Shaman King, Senki Zesshou Symphogear and Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

I’ve heard alotta backing for Gintama as of recent too
There also plenty of Anime/Manga series, both classic and modern that are very popular world wide that deserve their own episodes.

Saint Seiya, Lupin III, Getter Robo, Hunter x Hunter, Toriko, Medaka Box, Black Lagoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Devilman, Trigun, The Guyver, Nanatsu no Taizai, Bastard!!, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Heroic Age, Fight! Iczer One, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Shaman King, Senki Zesshou Symphogear and Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

It doesnt need to be strictly a gaming swordswoman girl, afaik weiss and a girl from the series undernight were some of her most popular matches

Agree for different reasons. Elly didn't need to be a gamer (and she isn't, for the record), when both Xenogears/Saga's themes and the technology level of SAO both dabble quite heavily in the nature of human psychology, albeit in very contrasting ways (contrast being something this thread has bought up many a time). In that same sense, Asuna's role as a KoB enforcer isn't what I'd call fake when half of those that survived the Aincrad death game are either treated as war veterans, or (if later parts of Alicization are any indication) mentally ill (another element that Xeno finds itself neck deep in).

These links in spite of the contrast are also the reason I think Shulk vs Kirito is superior to Shulk vs Lightning. I'd rather that your relation in MU propositions be around a given concept, however abstract, rather than a synopsis that (while tempting on it's face) sounds more like it's cribbing plot beats verbatim.

On another note, I decided to take after an acquaintance who made a 64-MU grid for a series of characters (in their case, Pokemon trainers), this being a good handful of Xeno characters, and who they could go up against:

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_1.png

Already filled in about half the chart with at least 1 MU, and others with 2. Other ideas appreciated.

Please help me I already asked Enel's server and they're shitposting missing the point of the question

In regards to why Dimensional tiering wasn’t brought up as for why Wally won, the answers simple. They don’t want to try and explain what Dimensional tiering is to a casual audience. That stuff can be confusing to serious vs debaters, and that’s when they don’t have to have it explained to them within the span of a two minute verdict.

On another note, I decided to take after an acquaintance who made a 64-MU grid for a series of characters (in their case, Pokemon trainers), this being a good handful of Xeno characters, and who they could go up against:

Already filled in about half the chart with at least 1 MU, and others with 2. Other ideas appreciated.

Please help me I already asked Enel's server and they're shitposting missing the point of the question
OK but are the connections for Gunvolt vs Zeke though?

And light novel ones, especially the isekai ones

Who is Kazuya opponent?

OK but are the connections for Gunvolt vs Zeke though?

Electric users with a second partner (Lumen/Pandoria). Amalthus and Asimov also act as group leaders turned evil, but ultimately saved the characters in question with their technology, only to expose themselves of their dirty laundry (both being corrupt and power hungry, looking to monopolise that same technology in some way).

Eh? Asimov's tech didn't really save Gunvolt. In fact, not using a QUILL pendant is actually what saved Gunvolt's life in the first game. And Asimov dosn't really wanna monopolize his tech at all.

And I'm pretty sure Gunvolt gets absolutely curbstomped unless you scale him to the crossover games he's been in (Like Blade Strangers)

Last edited:
Eh? Asimov's tech didn't really save Gunvolt. In fact, not using a QUILL pendant is actually what saved Gunvolt's life in the first game. And Asimov dosn't really wanna monopolize his tech at all.
I mean in the sense that Azimov offered GV a job after he got bailed out of one of Sumeragi's Adept Experiments (at least in the OVA). And I mean 'monopolise' in that Azimov wanted Adepts to be the dominant species on the planet at the end of ASG1, in the same way that Amalthus saved Zeke by transplanting a part of Pandoria's core crystal, only to find out that Amalthus was depriving 'cleansed' Core Crystals of the blades ability to become Titans, so Indol hogged power on the world stage when other Titans were dying.

Tl;dr: Antagonist offers protagonist a good deal in working for them, only for the employer to be full of shit.

How in-character is it really for Zoom to instant megablitz (with hax)?
Since he’s a DC Villain he uses them until it’s convenient to the plot he doesn’t

like the dude went through all of time just to piss off Barry. But in a alternate version of Flashpoint where Superman got his powers he didn’t even time travel till like the last second while Superman was getting the advantage

If they do this I'd root for rey, Avatar meant a lot more to me as a kid then star wars.
Rey is the Star Wars MS, while Korra is the Avatar MS.

So pick your pill.

Korra vs Delsin is better, if they're not doing Cole vs Alex anytime soon.
Nothing contradictory.
Cole vs Alex will not disapprove Korra vs Delsin. (In fact Cole vs Alex is one overdue matchup to the point it IS legacy. And I am sure (1) this need to be dealt with to the point while the audience needs the debate be announced at last and (2) this has not died down unlike Samus-Chief since we now all have Samus-Tony and Samus-X)

Korra vs Rey may hamper it but if Korra is interesting enough they may bring her back to fight Delsin.

Once the Screwattack crew tried to pit Korra against Storm in Community Death Battle but they then do the same for Korra vs Rey and people seem to want Korra vs Rey more.
And Storm has other storm / weather manipulator to fight, like Weather Report.

Last edited:
Cole vs Alex will not disapprove Korra vs Delsin. (In fact Cole vs Alex is one overdue matchup to the point it IS legacy. And I am sure (1) this need to be dealt with to the point while the audience needs the debate be announced at last and (2) this has not died down unlike Samus-Chief since we now all have Samus-Tony and Samus-X)
People want Samus to fight Iron man? Why?
Rey is the Star Wars MS, while Korra is the Avatar MS.

So pick your pill.
Im probably going Korra because she wasn’t that bad and I liked her more than Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back