• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This current topics bores me just bring me this guy next season
8391ed1244a18b4ef1dabbba0d376558.jpg
Can you say most overdue character?

Kratos is the opponent I take the least issue with. Atrocitus is just being Asura in to be fed to more DC schlock (like we need to deep dive into that conversation again) and Z-Broly is just boring, especially in a post-Hulk vs Broly world.

I know some people want Dante vs Kratos, but if you want Dante back just bring Alucard from Castlevania (especially since Smash Ultimate gave him a good 3D model).

Kratos is the opponent I take the least issue with. Atrocitus is just being Asura in to be fed to more DC schlock (like we need to deep dive into that conversation again) and Z-Broly is just boring, especially in a post-Hulk vs Broly world.
Someone in the discord have his thoughts on it

"Asura has a very limited amount of ways to respond to Kratos’s arsenal, which makes the fight get repetitive, and none of Asura’s forms really change that much.
Kratos isn’t known for visual cosmic scale destruction in the same way Asura is, so you have to limit Asura to keep him on a comparable level for the fight.
And Kratos has an opponent with an arsenal that can match Kratos in versatility to make an unpredictable and ever-changing fight dynamic, while Asura has opponent with similarly limited move sets but equal levels of cosmic destruction to put him on an even playing field and make him turning into things like Destructor Asura feel natural with the fight’s pacing.
Kratos vs Asura is thematic but thematics aren’t the only crux of a matchup I think."

Someone in the discord have his thoughts on it

"Asura has a very limited amount of ways to respond to Kratos’s arsenal, which makes the fight get repetitive, and none of Asura’s forms really change that much.
Kratos isn’t known for visual cosmic scale destruction in the same way Asura is, so you have to limit Asura to keep him on a comparable level for the fight.
And Kratos has an opponent with an arsenal that can match Kratos in versatility to make an unpredictable and ever-changing fight dynamic, while Asura has opponent with similarly limited move sets but equal levels of cosmic destruction to put him on an even playing field and make him turning into things like Destructor Asura feel natural with the fight’s pacing.
Kratos vs Asura is thematic but thematics aren’t the only crux of a matchup I think."
Alright, I'll switch to Asura vs Atrocitus (though I hate we have to wait for him this long just to watch him die).

Dante vs Alucard is still the better Dante matchup, though, I will die on that hill.

Was gonna say "does Beyonder has any non-comic appearances?" Then I remember he has appeared in one episode of Spider-Man TAS and made an appearance in Avengers: Secret Wars animated series, He's also due to appear in the upcoming Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur animated series.
here I thought Beyonder and Lucifer wouldn't have a chance in hell appearing
Alright, I'll switch to Asura vs Atrocitus (though I hate we have to wait for him this long just to watch him die).

Dante vs Alucard is still the better Dante matchup, though, I will die on that hill.
not saying You can't prefer Kratos vs Asura tho
also why that Mu for Dante

**** it, I'm curious on how would DB handle Bill vs Discord. Technically they said they hate reality warper fights, but surely some exceptions can be made.

Discord apparently has decent enough debate to win too?
Yeah he does. I mean even if you look at our current stats for them Discord wins. I’m not sure bringing MLP back to DB would be a good idea though, there’s a bit of an obvious bias against the series.

If they do decide to have The Beyonder Vs Lucifer Morningstar, DB really need to pull out the stops on it (since these characters aren't just reality warpers, they can essentially do almost anything they want).

Doctor Strange Vs Doctor Fate is a good example of not doing it right imo (two immensely powerful reality warping wizards and they spend half the battle punching/tackling each other).

Depending on how Bill Vs Discord goes it might be a good outline for future battle's featuring high level RW (tho I would imagine TB vs Lucy would be a bit more cerebral and likely feature a chessboard of sorts).

Yeah he does. I mean even if you look at our current stats for them Discord wins. I’m not sure bringing MLP back to DB would be a good idea though, there’s a bit of an obvious bias against the series.
Is there?? They've been treated pretty fairly for the respective eras they've appeared in thus far.
Tell this to people who keep pushing ugly boring massive stompy/spiteful matchups.
I'm telling this to Zamasu vs Goetia fans (of which i am one)

The only one that had really good research was Rainbow vs Starscream and that was cause Ben actually watched all of Season 1 of MLP to understand RD’s powers. Then Raven vs Twi comes along and they have Twi at Wall level and like Mach 3 speed
they had Raven at town level and mach 30 when she's a herald tier, that's just how Season 5 was lol
A DCAU/DCAM Raven does just as good.
And DC Comics Raven is Multiverse level Post-Crisis and whatever current herald tier is Post-Flashpoint.

Someone please help kicking Elfen Lied Lucy back to High 7-A and MHS thanks.

i feel like death battle is more inaccurate than animation rewind sometimes
Mostly because Death Battle is sometimes unwilling to glance at VS Battles, Outskirt Battle Dome or VS Compendium before picking matchups and researching on characters.

But sometimes they do help trigger the three sites to rework on their previous tiering on the other hand.

Doctor Strange Vs Doctor Fate is a good example of not doing it right imo (two immensely powerful reality warping wizards and they spend half the battle punching/tackling each other).
i like the fight but i understand your point and ya not wrong
if your referring to research i may understand but they tend to get the fights right most of the time

Yeah AR can be very dubious with the research (which I've pointed out in the past multiple times) but I just can't hate the community; AR seems like a chill guy (from the couple of times I've spoken to him), AR actively promotes smaller YouTubers as well as independent animators and the channel does charity fundraiser's too.

If the research team was a bit more competent (I think that's the right word?) plus overall more consistent standards for their scaling, I think AR (especially Rewind Rumble) would be a very worthy alternative to DB.

As is, you can still get some great animations from the RR channel (and dank memes from the CFC channel) but the research is give or take at the very "best" which holds it back imo. Also using memes as a crutch does more harm than good.

Yeah AR can be very dubious with the research (which I've pointed out in the past multiple times) but I just can't hate the community; AR seems like a chill guy (from the couple of times I've spoken to him), AR actively promotes smaller YouTubers as well as independent animators and the channel does charity fundraiser's too.

If the research team was a bit more competent (I think that's the right word?) plus overall more consistent standards for their scaling, I think AR (especially Rewind Rumble) would be a very worthy alternative to DB.

As is, you can still get some great animations from the RR channel (and dank memes from the CFC channel) but the research is give or take at the very "best" which holds it back imo. Also using memes as a crutch does more harm than good.
Yeah AR/RR is more consistent overall and supports smaller channels

A DCAU/DCAM Raven does just as good.
And DC Comics Raven is Multiverse level Post-Crisis and whatever current herald tier is Post-Flashpoint.

Someone please help kicking Elfen Lied Lucy back to High 7-A and MHS thanks.

Mostly because Death Battle is sometimes unwilling to glance at VS Battles, Outskirt Battle Dome or VS Compendium before picking matchups and researching on characters.

But sometimes they do help trigger the three sites to rework on their previous tiering on the other hand.
Pre crisis raven should be universal or universal+ as she stated she can destroy the universe on 2 occasions tho Inferior to trigon.
Post crisis and post-flashpoint/rebirth I Don't actually remember which Era it was stated at full power surpass trigon and her dark part also stated she has enough power to turn the heavens to ash which exist in sphere of gods.
Tho it can multiversal as they are heavens as they are souls in DC and each heaven was called a multiverse.

One maybe good thing about this being a "Death" Battle is that it allows characters to show their full potential. Its why speed equalized here is a meme.

It does kinda blow I guess how some earlier deaths for all age franchises were edgy bloody but nowadays its disintegration, albeit tbf its because many characters have that kind of attacks.

I wonder if there are matches that would flip winners if deaths weren't required and a KO counts.

^ This.

Also while Dante vs Kratos may not had as much connections like with Asura vs Kratos, its compensated by them having one of the greatest rivalry as two of the most popular Hack and Slash game series on Playstation since the PS2, which its only second to the likes of Crash VS Spyro and Mario VS Sonic.

If we go by winners, then DB isn't that inaccurate at least not anymore. And tbf most episodes at least are implying the right direction, even if sometimes stats are wrong.

The problem is if we go by any mistakes then basically every episode has small mistakes. Like how they do typos way too much.

“Thematics aren’t the only crux of a matchup” is something a lot of people need to realize.
Imma leave a few of my Xeno series MUs (one with thematics, and a couple without), and see if people can see why they're suggested MUs (I may or may not have left reasonings in earlier posts):

Elehayym_Van_Houten_VS_Asuna_Yuuki.png

Citan_Uzuki_vs_BlackGold_Saw.png

Gladion__Silvally_vs_Tora__Poppi.png

Not to sound pretentious, but if people can't tell without thematics in these cases, then what example would you be setting here?

Rando question: Has Dragon Ball “peaked” in terms of power escalation or will Toei find a way to make Goku even stronger after already having made him a bajillion times Universal? 🤔
I mean, there's literally a multiverse. Not hard to guess where they might go from there.
Professor Eobard "Zoom" Thawne, otherwise known as the Reverse-Flash, should be selected as the opponent for Goku Black in Season 9 of DEATH BATTLE!
No. Literally more of a stomp than any episode in Death Battle other than Flash vs Quicksilver.
Professor Eobard "Zoom" Thawne, otherwise known as the Reverse-Flash, should be selected as the opponent for Goku Black in Season 7 of DEATH BATTLE EXHIBITION.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back